Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Judakel posted:

i've never cared less about lives than i do australian lives

Why do people who don't care about lives just because they're of a different tribe post on a leftist subforum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The Australian blue checks have surrendered
https://twitter.com/adamliaw/status/1430346618658717697?s=20

quote:

Cooks food. Writes books. Columnist for @GoodFoodAU and @SundayLifeAU. Makes TV shows, too. @UNICEFAustralia and @Adelaide_FC Ambassador.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Why do people who don't care about lives just because they're of a different tribe post on a leftist subforum?

To upset you and laugh at your upset posting, duh.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Casey Finnigan posted:

they just take a long time, the machine makes obnoxiously loud noises, and you can't move. you end up stuck in a tube so you can feel claustrophobic.

If you get a contrast injection you apparently feel like you're peeing or something, idk I never got one.

I got IV contrast for a CT scan and yes, I felt like I pooped myself. It was actually quite a pleasant warm feeling.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I got an MRI with contrast and it was chill, fun really totally painless and pretty relaxing way to spend a few hours in a tube.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

australians are NOT comrades

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Asproigerosis posted:

Maybe it's the lockdown brain that's got you so hostile. Classic CAVE syndrome. Open up and embrace the freedom. Do not let a virus control you!

You literally said we're irrelevant and I'm the hostile one?

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kaxman posted:

Ivermectin was in an episode of house, i remember because it killed a dog and the patient died ironically because he didn't get his ivermectin but the doctors thought he had

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6MEI_IZVk4&t=274s

Never seen this show, but big props to youtube for automatically making videos searchable with voice to text processing

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

Casey Finnigan posted:

they just take a long time, the machine makes obnoxiously loud noises, and you can't move. you end up stuck in a tube so you can feel claustrophobic.

If you get a contrast injection you apparently feel like you're peeing or something, idk I never got one.

Oh cool, I'm getting both with and without contrast. Sounds fun!

Apr 7, 2003

Asproigerosis posted:

Why does my insurance randomly switch between name brand and generic for no reason and it turns into a whole thing at the pharmacy as if I give a poo poo who's making my drugs?

Literally contract negotiations with the manufacturers of the drugs

That's it.

Blues let the entire blue network negotiate for them with providers/manufacturers, but big independent insurers like Aetna negotiate every little loving thing with every single provider/insurer and everything you deal with hinges on how those negotiations go, with all the associated idiocy that comes with negotiations.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Gresh posted:

why do they suck? Im getting my brain and spine scanned in 3 weeks because I think I have nerve damage from covid

I didn't think mine was that bad. I'm not claustrophobic though. They gave me some headphones to listen to music and I was fine.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

To upset you and laugh at your upset posting, duh.

Yeah it's upsetting when supposed leftists say the same things as xenophobic fascist Americans. Congrats I guess.

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

Joementum posted:

a year from now there’s going to be a super horse worm that developed because horses went untreated and it will cross over into humans and destroy us all

hell yes

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

You literally said we're irrelevant and I'm the hostile one?

It's irony doom posting friend. How else do you think we can cope with living in a country where half the people do not loving care and actively want you to die so they can enjoy brunch or their hootin holler MAGA rallies?

Seeing other countries try even the bare minimum to mitigate covid is immediate crack ping.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
american xenophobia is directed at australians, this is true

Apr 7, 2003

Yeah it's upsetting when supposed leftists say the same things as xenophobic fascist Americans. Congrats I guess.

Wasn't me, I'm just answering your question

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Xaris posted:

This is the most important point, I think.

The narrative is, hurr durr, dummies eat paste and crayons cuz dum.

The reality is that as far as preventative protocols go, Ivermectin seems to be best fit. It isn't something that replaces another thing we should be doing, aka vaccines for those whose risk assessment warrants it. It is an add to, not an instead of.

And for those who find preventative options valuable, they are being denied options. So, being the entrepreneurial sort, they make their own options, less preferred obviously, but if you are preventing access to Ivermectin, you are the one causing issues.

I've been following this thing for a bit and people are going out of their way to talk past each other. That behavior, not Covid, not Vaccines, not Ivermectin, but the refusal to grant anything to their counterpart, is going to lead to more deaths.

Is this a bit?

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

hypernormalization.txt

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I'm getting the horse re-wormer

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

*looks at canada and aus history and aus brown immigrant island prison*
very progressive, namaste

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Gresh posted:

Oh cool, I'm getting both with and without contrast. Sounds fun!

Smoke some weed or xanax or something to chill cause you're going to be at least an hour of scanning minimum. Contrast doesn't make you feel anything (the hot piss poop is iodinated contrast with ct), though I occasionally have people do a physiologic reaction and vomit, so don't eat heavy right before the test.

Don't move and don't loving ask how much longer like a child in a car, the scan is done when it's done ok?!

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

name and shame

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/PokerPolitics/status/1430020073931034626

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

euphronius posted:

lamo it’s a huge sham

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Crunchy Black posted:

name and shame

It's all here

https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward/

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1430343630749843456?s=20

someone please ask this woman about the concentration camps on the border btw

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

it’s funny hth

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1430343630749843456?s=20

someone please ask this woman about the concentration camps on the border btw

"what about them? :confused: "

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

no lives matter

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/AmazonPosition/status/1430146991250722823

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
bean chat: i'm in a mood to make beans this week, anyone have a favorite bean recipe? i've got an instant pot

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

forgot about this song

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

🤣

Apr 7, 2003

Never heard of this band.

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold

Xaris posted:

This is the most important point, I think.

The narrative is, hurr durr, dummies eat paste and crayons cuz dum.

The reality is that as far as preventative protocols go, Ivermectin seems to be best fit. It isn't something that replaces another thing we should be doing, aka vaccines for those whose risk assessment warrants it. It is an add to, not an instead of.

And for those who find preventative options valuable, they are being denied options. So, being the entrepreneurial sort, they make their own options, less preferred obviously, but if you are preventing access to Ivermectin, you are the one causing issues.

I've been following this thing for a bit and people are going out of their way to talk past each other. That behavior, not Covid, not Vaccines, not Ivermectin, but the refusal to grant anything to their counterpart, is going to lead to more deaths.

In the most robust study to date Ivermectin did jack poo poo. Spending even more time studying it is waste of manpower, money, and resources better spent studying other avenues of treatment. The people doing the study even increased the dosage to appease advocates who claimed they weren't giving people enough. And literally the only people taking/advocating for Ivermectin are the people who don't want vaccines. This is not a venn diagram where the circles overlap between the vaccinated and the Ivermectin eaters. You can thank Ivermectin's biggest advocates for that, like Bret Weinstein, as they constantly poo poo on vaccination while giving airtime day after day after day to a drug that has objectively failed in treating Covid. I pray to god you're doing a bit.

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2021-08-11/ivermectin-no-effect-covid

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i could link la roux but instead i'll link placebo. idk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js_z-qYCtDA

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

mod sassinator posted:

bean chat: i'm in a mood to make beans this week, anyone have a favorite bean recipe? i've got an instant pot

I'm eating white bean, spinach and sausage casserole right now
it's a Greek recipe

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

mod sassinator posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

shoulda switched doors, Monte