Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Here’s who I would say is the most notable to never hold gold in promotions I’m familiar with:

WWE - Hacksaw Jim Duggan

AEW - PAC

WCW - Scott Norton

ECW - Nova

ECW is probably either EZ Money or Kid Kash, both of whom are better than Nova

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Aug 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Cerebral Bore posted:

I guess this hinges on whether you count DDT as a major promotion or not.

If we are going to count the DDT Ironman Heavymetalweight Title as a major title, we are going to have some very interesting answers to the reverse of OP's question, who is the worst wrestler who did hold a major title?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Stealth Tiger posted:

If we are going to count the DDT Ironman Heavymetalweight Title as a major title, we are going to have some very interesting answers to the reverse of OP's question, who is the worst wrestler who did hold a major title?

Great Khali.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Yeah, unless the NWA or WWWF Tag Team titles count as a major title, I can't think of a worse in-ring worker.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Stealth Tiger posted:

If we are going to count the DDT Ironman Heavymetalweight Title as a major title

That wasn't even the question:

Quinntan posted:

Who is the best wrestler to never win a title of any sort?

Q7kid
Jul 24, 2009

Halloween Jack posted:

Yeah, unless the NWA or WWWF Tag Team titles count as a major title, I can't think of a worse in-ring worker.

I'd say Tag Titles count, which is why I was going to nominate Omos.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Stealth Tiger posted:

The audience at that one beyond show

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Q7kid posted:

I'd say Tag Titles count, which is why I was going to nominate Omos.
In that case, Haystacks Calhoun is probably an even worse worker than Great Khali. Khali is at least a legit 7-footer. Haystacks was just a really fat barefoot guy who somehow kept Ernie Ladd in a headlock.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Stealth Tiger posted:

Vince Russo.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

In that case, Haystacks Calhoun is probably an even worse worker than Great Khali. Khali is at least a legit 7-footer. Haystacks was just a really fat barefoot guy who somehow kept Ernie Ladd in a headlock.

Khali fuckin' killed a guy.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

SG Bamboo posted:

Former DDT Ironman Heavymetalweight Champion

What object living or inanimate hasn't been champion at this point though

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Both Jake Roberts and Jim Duggan held the Mid-South North American Title.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Lamuella posted:

Vince Russo.
Is he a better or worse worker than Bischoff or Arquette? Russo did put his body on the line, stupid and self-aggrandizing as it was.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Yeah, if ECW had lasted a few more years, you could see Heyman was setting Kash up to be the next guy in the Lynn/RVD spot.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

It's really unfair to blame something that happened in training on the trainee. (And the guy who died should not have been allowed to train because he was hurt.)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Seems like that should be more on the people training him at the time, if you have to blame someone.

Kid Kash was an ECW TV champ, and a TNA X Division champ. And he might even have been WWE Cruiserweight champ at some point

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

Seems like that should be more on the people training him at the time, if you have to blame someone.

Kid Kash was an ECW TV champ, and a TNA X Division champ. And he might even have been WWE Cruiserweight champ at some point

Looked it up, and you are correct. He took the belt off of Juventud Guerrera in his 5th and last reign (averaging out to about 20-odd days each) on a random Smackdown during December 2005, and dropped it to ShaneGregory Helms at the 2006 Rumble (the "Rey wins it for Eddie, Got me Eddie" Rumble, where he basically went coast-to-coast), who had a mammoth 380+ day reign (this is mid-2000s WWE, so I'm assuming it was barely ever defended).

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Halloween Jack posted:

Is he a better or worse worker than Bischoff or Arquette? Russo did put his body on the line, stupid and self-aggrandizing as it was.

Arquette became a significantly better worker. Bischoff I can make no excuse for. Not sure I'd call the wcw hardcore title a major title though.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Lamuella posted:

Arquette became a significantly better worker. Bischoff I can make no excuse for. Not sure I'd call the wcw hardcore title a major title though.

Bischoff did some really dumb poo poo as things went off the rails, primarily because he wanted to beat Vince personally and since Vince got in the ring, so did he, but I will say him taking the Powerbomb from Nash in the buildup to BATB 96 deserves some respect.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Here’s who I would say is the most notable to never hold gold in promotions I’m familiar with:

WWE - Hacksaw Jim Duggan

AEW - PAC

WCW - Scott Norton

ECW - Nova

If the question is "worked in promotion X, but never held gold in promotion X," then Stan Hansen made an ECW appearance or two. So did Sasuke.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

A very silly question:

Did they ever make copies/replicas of the Hulk Hogan fist helmet for sale to the general public?

If so, I think this could be another Hulkaraft project.

And if not, then we* should try to hunt down the actual ring worn one to buy.

*By "we" I obviously mean someone other than me, coz I can't be arsed.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I'd seen pictures of Hogan's "war bonnet" before, but I just noticed that the fist is wearing a ring.

Also, why did he wear that thing to begin with?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

What are some good examples of non-wrestlers taking a move extremely well?

Incidentally, Lawler not piledriving Cole was the second worst part of their feud, worst part is all the rest of it.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Shaq going through the table was impressive.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Maxwell Lord posted:

Shaq going through the table was impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz3XwM5WCwQ

..alright I guess I gotta start watching AEW.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

BrigadierSensible posted:

A very silly question:

Did they ever make copies/replicas of the Hulk Hogan fist helmet for sale to the general public?

As far as I know, the helmet never made it to TV. I only ever remember seeing it in an issue of "The Wrestler" or "Inside Wrestling". I don't even know what the match was about, except for during the bout, both Hogan and Bad News Brown were wearing it and using it.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Incidentally, Lawler not piledriving Cole was the second worst part of their feud, worst part is all the rest of it.

Mark Cuban took a pretty drat good RKO.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

A very silly question:

I'm sure HHH is already on it

They have a whole show on a&e which is about acquiring memorabilia from collectors "so that generations of fans can enjoy it". The items are then stored in the wwe warehouse which is not open in any way to visitors

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

titties posted:

I'm sure HHH is already on it

They have a whole show on a&e which is about acquiring memorabilia from collectors "so that generations of fans can enjoy it". The items are then stored in the wwe warehouse which is not open in any way to visitors

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

How did you get in?!?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Rhino gored Lori Fullington through a table once and she took it like a champ

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Davros1 posted:

As far as I know, the helmet never made it to TV. I only ever remember seeing it in an issue of "The Wrestler" or "Inside Wrestling". I don't even know what the match was about, except for during the bout, both Hogan and Bad News Brown were wearing it and using it.
He wore it on house shows, including televised ones, plus in local promos, but I don't THINK it ever made it to the national segments of any shows, no.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

A very silly question:

I unironically love this stupid loving thing.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Maybe it doesn't quite count but David Arquette did precisely one wrestling move in the Ready to Rumble cage match at Slamboree: a top rope splash that Jeff Jarrett deftly evaded. Even knowing that he wasn't actually going to hit Double J, he went up with full confidence and sold the resulting bump quite well. Bless him, he could have been a lot of fun had he not had the world title thrust upon him.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Was HHH's "political hit" one specific moment, or just a general phrase describing his executive shenanigans?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
A long summary of Triple H's political hits would make a great thread imo

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CobiWann posted:

Was HHH's "political hit" one specific moment, or just a general phrase describing his executive shenanigans?

It was a weird conspiracy theory that HHH was sabotaging Roman Reigns.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

So Glacier, Sin Cara and The Fiend have all used the "whacky lightning while having a match" gimmick.

Has anyone else done it? And was it ever good? I know people hated it for Glacier and Fiend.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

NikkolasKing posted:

So Glacier, Sin Cara and The Fiend have all used the "whacky lightning while having a match" gimmick.

Has anyone else done it? And was it ever good? I know people hated it for Glacier and Fiend.

Kane did, at first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Kane did, at first
But they gave up on it very quickly, just as they did with Glacier.