Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
definitely getting them vaccinated when I can. divorce is probably a foregone conclusion if we live long enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

jetz0r posted:

AZ and J&J are both Adenovirus viral vector vaccines, and AZ has been studied in combination with MRNA vaccines, to promising results.

IMO, waiting for studies for your exact combination of vaccines is way more dangerous than just getting a MRNA vaccine right now. We have enough vaccine mixing studies to say that they're compatible, and there aren't any major risks, beyond the normal vaccine side effects.

Appreciate this thanks

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
You'll have to make some hard choices op about what matters most and what you think you need to do. If you have children, then yes, your wife's refusal to get a vaccine is placing them directly at risk.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Lifestyle BDSM seems like the most exhausting bullshit.

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

Demon Of The Fall posted:

lol my wife refuses to get the vaccine and we literally fight about it every other day. I send her articles and videos and screenshots of people dying on facebook and she just ignores everything and thinks her immune system is great and will fight off anything. she's basically blocked my phone# at this point. not sure what else to do. I'm worried for my kids and feeling kinda helpless. soooo uhhh yeah lol?

In addition to vaxxing your kids ASAP, take out a large policy for short term disability insurance and life insurance for your spouse for a term of... oh say the next 3-4 years?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

definitely getting them vaccinated when I can. divorce is probably a foregone conclusion if we live long enough.

lmao that will be a 6 month law proceeding

sorry

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Tzen posted:

in lighthearted news

:btroll:

NWO wants people to be obese as part of their plan to cull the population. the COVID Scamdemic isn't real, it's a plot to microchip the population.
https://twitter.com/Emperor_vee/status/1429964857189847042?s=20

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Pillowpants posted:

I got the third shot.

This is the single worst feeling I've ever had in my life. I felt like I was driving home while having a bad trip. I got lost! I almost got in two accidents!

was this right after the shot, like during the period they make you sit around?

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Schnorkles posted:

You'll have to make some hard choices op about what matters most and what you think you need to do. If you have children, then yes, your wife's refusal to get a vaccine is placing them directly at risk.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Atrocious Joe posted:

NWO wants people to be obese as part of their plan to cull the population. the COVID Scamdemic isn't real, it's a plot to microchip the population.

bon video

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Joey Steel posted:

In addition to vaxxing your kids ASAP, take out a large policy for short term disability insurance and life insurance for your spouse for a term of... oh say the next 3-4 years?

she’d have to consent to an exam for the life insurance iirc

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Biden could have leaned into the xenophobia and said something like "It is your patriotic duty as an American to get vaccinated - these vaccines are American made. Anyone refusing the vaccine is making China stronger and doesn't believe in freedom - we need America to be strong" and that might have helped vaccine uptake

Instead it's just Jon Stewart "lol look at these idiots!" pundit commentary while the country sinks further and further into despair

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

euphronius posted:

lmao that will be a 6 month law proceeding

sorry

Can't you just like stop living together, maybe sign something when it's all open Biden again

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Why isn't the goon divorce spreadsheet in the first post?

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Tzen posted:

in lighthearted news

:btroll:

thank you joe biden for making these things possible

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

euphronius posted:

going to drive around to find a third shot

should I try cvs first ?

Well from my own experience they seemed pretty lax after a booked appointment by filling out info saying "Yes I'm 45!" back in early march.

They didn't seem to care and only seemed interested in how I was actually showing up for my appointment / confirmed the auto SMS they send out 15 minutes prior to appointment.

Shageletic posted:

Appreciate this thanks

Also the studies (basically done out desperation due to big supply chain issues) found mix+match vaccines had great results in terms of antibody production and similar side effects to take doses from the same type.

etalian fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Aug 26, 2021

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Lacrosse posted:

Something my therapist pointed out was very very few people are capable of 'big picture' (aka critical) thinking. For some reason a large percentage of the posters in C-Spam are critical thinkers who are able to figure out things like how there's no loving way lollapalooza only had 200 cases, meanwhile your average person just laps that poo poo up without another thought.

Scene: prepping my kid for school

Me: just keep your mask on and you'll be fine. Oh, and don't be a stickler for social distancing, they changed it from six feet to three feet. They decided they're the same.
Kid: oh, ok.
Me: ...
Kid: ...
Me: ...
Kid: ... but that makes me think that six feet wasn't enough and it should be 12?
Me: gently caress WHY ARE YOU SO SMART

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Joey Steel posted:

and then buy her a lot of cruises and trips to disney lol

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo

could you imagine if we had to carry some form of identification to enjoy certain privileges???? tyranny!!!

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
what is even the point of complaining about microchipping and rights when 99% of these idiots have the facebook app installed with all permissions granted

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

i don't necessarily buy in to the same logic itt that you should just sever all meaningful relationships because of a difference in the pandemic, and getting a divorce will not change how your wife approaches the vaccine or her interactions with your children.

i hope everything works out well for you.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mod sassinator posted:

and then buy her a lot of cruises and trips to disney lol

Related video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSOZ4wqgDdk

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
thanks. i'm sorry to poo poo the thread up with my problems, everyone can go back to your regularly scheduled lols

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

covid/obesity discourse is loving wild
https://twitter.com/ImBrentJames/status/1430513324848996352?s=20
https://twitter.com/RanIsraeli/status/1429097532559400962?s=20
https://twitter.com/FitFounder/status/1428318902090706952?s=20

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
Double Indemnity but the plot is now to take someone to Disney instead of push them off a train.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

lol my wife refuses to get the vaccine and we literally fight about it every other day. I send her articles and videos and screenshots of people dying on facebook and she just ignores everything and thinks her immune system is great and will fight off anything. she's basically blocked my phone# at this point. not sure what else to do. I'm worried for my kids and feeling kinda helpless. soooo uhhh yeah lol?

:piss:

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Biowarfare posted:

what is even the point of complaining about microchipping and rights when 99% of these idiots have the facebook app installed with all permissions granted

Because one is done by the spooky government and one is done by a wholesome private company. Don't look for logic with the vaccine microchip people

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mod sassinator posted:

Double Indemnity but the plot is now to take someone to Disney instead of push them off a train.

Convince unwanted wife to do as many ladies night out in Florida each week.

Consider that a divorce!

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Lol

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

thanks. i'm sorry to poo poo the thread up with my problems, everyone can go back to your regularly scheduled lols

I do not get a ton of lols from this thread, it's mostly nail biting anxiety and swinging between feeling paranoid and feeling unprepared (being paranoid)

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

:justpost:

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

I'm still old enough to remember new york banning big gulps and the reaction to that

or michelle obama adding some fuckin carrots to school lunches

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

You’re fine. This is the thread for sharing insane stories and melting down (safely).

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

what do those dipshits think ~the government~ should be doing to fight obesity

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

just be careful don't end up like that one good who had to read his post history in court during his divorce

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
refusing the vaccine owns the libs. that's pretty much it for the chuds. yes they're dying, yes they're running out of oxygen, yes their children are getting sick. but the libs are howling in pain and the longer they go unvaxxed the louder the libs howl

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

FOOTBALL IS BACK BABY!

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Loucks posted:

You’re fine. This is the thread for sharing insane stories and melting down (safely).

Just learned I’m so loving triggered by “safely” in parentheticals gently caress

gregday
May 23, 2003

Atrocious Joe posted:

today you basically have no rights if you dont have a smartphone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
mama bear's immune response will kick in when she sees her child in distress from her viral load

she will use bear strength to lift covid from under her kid's pulmonary system