Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

It's been 2 weeks, how is this rear end in a top hat still mad about it? Did other people keep making fun of him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Stereotype posted:

The only thing that is going to convince anti-vax people that covid is actually real and dangerous, unlike their stupid fears of the vaccine, is actually getting covid

i can't get covid, i'm vegan!

And that sounds like a relatively mild case

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

fosborb posted:

lol Grundy Center, pop. 2,700

cases are still a quarter of the winter peak. I'm sure that when we're storing people in Grundy loving center, current case volume really reflects any bit of reality...

That's what confused me. Waterloo is like 10 minutes further down the road and Cedar Rapids is about the same distance and both of those towns have full service hospitals. Why the hell would you instead stop in a tiny town that's hospital is a glorified urgent care that likely sends anyone serious to Waterloo anyway once they are stabilized?

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

I mean, being a month out from Phase 3 starting on a variant trial does seem like a quick turnaround

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Zurtilik posted:

Money is fake
Living is dumb
Drag me to Hell

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

mod sassinator posted:

when CDC was full masks off I loving loved all the chuds that came out of the woodwork to say they love the CDC and have always assiduously followed their guidance from day one. i'm sure they'll follow this too:
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1430969610845753348

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

isnt the falcon Martin Random

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

please riot

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

cr0y posted:

1) lmao

2) if the slighest thing changes or starts bothering you get to a doctor asap, or maybe do something telemedicine for antibiotic eye drops

thanks, i might do a telehealth visit just to feel better about it

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

one weird trick for legal redstate abortions

selec
Sep 6, 2003

the original can’t stop making GBS threads post is a troll from an Iowa leftist podcaster lol

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

it’s safe and legal, just like throwing used car batteries into the ocean

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

text editor posted:

I mean, being a month out from Phase 3 starting on a variant trial does seem like a quick turnaround

Quick compared to a lot of trials, sure. But Delta has been the dominant strain in the US for several months already and had appeared elsewhere around the world months before that. Even if they manage to complete the trial and get approval by the end of the year then it's still basically worthless and isn't anywhere close to meeting the hope of a plug and play change to the vaccines in response to variants.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

McNugget Buddy posted:

lol what medication are they giving to outpatients

please tell me it's not hydroxy

When I had Covid I ended up taking a shitload of ibuprofen for headaches, bodyaches, and fever, so probably that.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Remember to Vote Blue!1!!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/createcraig/status/1430595241350926342?s=20

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1430972087859040260?s=20

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

tie getting issued a bulletproof vest to showing proof of vaccination

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

https://twitter.com/jakebackpack/status/1430855744052768769?s=20

This person is correct.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Tyson managers had a betting pool on line worker deaths

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

text editor posted:

one weird trick for legal redstate abortions

Unless the Georgia GOP gets its way.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Question: I have a bunch of those stupid pouch N95s. Would I compromise the filtering efficiency if I drew on them to make them look like I was a duck

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

matty would never turn on cops because community resource allocation boggles his libshit mind

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

https://twitter.com/MiamiHerald/status/1430973241246498826

901 :eyepop:

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

zegermans posted:

Question: I have a bunch of those stupid pouch N95s. Would I compromise the filtering efficiency if I drew on them to make them look like I was a duck

You don't need to draw on them for that, the illusion is incredible

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

i am harry posted:

gently caress you you piece of poo poo. As a parent, I know yours are incredibly ashamed.

I wasn't going to reply but then I felt bad that he didn't like his lovely shirt so I feel like I need to make amends.

https://twitter.com/waddl3dee/status/1430974543225622529?s=20

Does anybody know where I can get a Scr33n Pr1int run shirts of an Amer1can App4rel or similar quality suitable for hunting birds of prey?

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
can I just go to CVS and get an MMR as an adult? their vax form allows you to choose up to four shots to schedule at once, but doesn't select MMR for adults by default

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

My ex talked like this exactly up to the moment someone in her family got hospitalized due to covid

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

holy poo poo 901 just in florida

e: I did not read this very well at first

Good Citizen fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Aug 26, 2021

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

:thunk:

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

seat belts, flame retardants, and fluoride all promise and deliver direct relief from mass deaths :confused:

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Stereotype posted:

The only thing that is going to convince anti-vax people that covid is actually real and dangerous, unlike their stupid fears of the vaccine, is actually getting covid

i can't get covid, i'm vegan!

TBH it's a bitter pill for someone that takes pride in their health to learn they have an inferior garbage immune system compared to your basic bat. Just wet toilet paper against a highly optimized bat virus, and esp fun to consider SARS-COV-2 is still powering up and adapting to its new human hosts.

On that subject should probably learn how to follow the spread of the SARS-COV-1 interferon interfering mutations. We're all having fun now, but it would be good to know if and when it's time to steal a car and drive as deep into the woods as possible.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Rubby posted:

I wasn't going to reply but then I felt bad that he didn't like his lovely shirt so I feel like I need to make amends.

https://twitter.com/waddl3dee/status/1430974543225622529?s=20

Does anybody know where I can get a Scr33n Pr1int run shirts of an Amer1can App4rel or similar quality suitable for hunting birds of prey?

I have a bunch of threadless shirts the fabric quality is fine if he's bitching that just means he bought the absolute cheapest option they had. You can pay like $5 more and get american apparel quality fabric. My only complaint with threadless is that their screenprint quality has gone downhill in the last few years and start to come off after only a few washes.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

they'll keep to their "we need to give the police more money for training" position

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zurtilik posted:

The thing is that it's not like other deaths have stopped. What the gently caress is society supposed to do with an extra 1,000+ bodies a day? This is what we want to be endemic? Do we just assume it'll stop after its killed enough?

"it will just disappear, like a dream" - President Joseph Robinette Biden

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Remember when Jill Biden gave a speech about how great it is to not wear a mask?

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

only 901 in a month unreported? bullshit, they're hitting 300 per day easy instead of the single digit numbers they're officially reporting.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

i am harry posted:

gently caress you you piece of poo poo. As a parent, I know yours are incredibly ashamed.

This reminded me of my favorite falcon guy post:

https://twitter.com/falconryfinance/status/1426607072498503683

Not proof positive that he’s a skinnyfat nerd who lives in his mom’s basement endlessly scrolling Twitter and the forums, but close enough that I got a good laugh out of it.

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

Thoguh posted:

I have a bunch of threadless shirts the fabric quality is fine if he's bitching that just means he bought the absolute cheapest option they had. You can pay like $5 more and get american apparel quality fabric. My only complaint with threadless is that their screenprint quality has gone downhill in the last few years and start to come off after only a few washes.

lol when he was melting down of the last times he posted a screenshot of his order receipt which, if it is to be believed (big if), he actually sprung for their Premium shirt which is sourced from AS Colour and "made of ethically sourced material & manufacturing. The premium t-shirt is 100% combed cotton at a mid weight 5.3 oz/yd², 28-singles, for a durable, structured fit with a buttery smooth feel."

If he wanted to have a moan about the print quality I would be right there with him, 100% DTG prints can be super hit or miss in print quality but.. uh.. I'm not sure what else one can expect in terms of material quality for a mass produced t-shirt unless he was expecting silk spun from god's own arsehole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Iron Crowned posted:

Remember when Jill Biden gave a speech about how great it is to not wear a mask?

i can't find a clear video of it anywhere anymore lol. they are scrubbing it furiously from the internet