Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Pablo Nergigante posted:

RIP Sonny Chiba

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

RIP Sonny Chiba

drat, RIP

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

watching all the rebuild movies before I watch 3.0+1.0

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao

been watching Counterpart and enjoying it. it does feel like it wants to be a bigger budget thing, but it's fun to watch JK Simmons play two rules and say "get me pictures of spider man!!!" at the right time, like an mst3k person.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Saw The Green Knight, was pretty sick, dont go in expecting an action movie, but great story and mood.

Also check out Reservation Dogs, its nice seeing a comedy about native Americans, a perspective you don't really hear about or see at all, funny while being very earnest and relatable.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

my new place is down the street from one of my favorite local movie theaters, but until they have vaccines for kids or the delta variant dies down a little, i don't feel like it's safe. once it is, my plan is to go every friday, even i'm going by myself, and enjoy a movie, some popcorn, and a beer.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

who would be going into the green knight expecting and action film

finished the three body problem books, pretty good. read mother night too, pretty good.

gonna read the sailor who fell from grace with the sea next

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

its sounds like a superhero op

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

It sounds like a late 14th-century Middle English chivalric romance to me

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

gonna read the sailor who fell from grace with the sea next

Love the hell out of this book. Enjoy

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Free Bumhole Problem.

E: Mishima owns. I mean, mostly

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I still need to watch Mishima a life in four chapters

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDm1HBS9FCU

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

EmmyOk posted:

finished the three body problem books, pretty good.

That series is dope. Sophon been wilin'. Did u read Ball Lightning too?

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

lol, my himbo buddy who only watches movies about superheroes, dinosaurs, or robots really wanted to see it

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol, my himbo buddy who only watches movies about superheroes, dinosaurs, or robots really wanted to see it

never going to forget the guy who worked with my dad who watched HBO's Rome for all the blood and nudity and when Caesar got stabbed, he was absolutely loving shocked, like had to get to work to be like "did anybody see that poo poo coming? drat!!"

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

mkvltra posted:

That series is dope. Sophon been wilin'. Did u read Ball Lightning too?

It was quite good for sure. I didn't read that one but I think it's referenced as a weapon in book 1 and in book 2 I seen a thing that said it was mentioned in one part in the Chinese but they switched it to hydrogen bombs in English. Maybe at the time ball lightning wasn't translated?

HolePisser1982 posted:

lmfao, imagining him watching a ghost story assuming it must be a horror film

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bicyclops posted:

never going to forget the guy who worked with my dad who watched HBO's Rome for all the blood and nudity and when Caesar got stabbed, he was absolutely loving shocked, like had to get to work to be like "did anybody see that poo poo coming? drat!!"

hell yes

My ma and da were watching peaky blinders that show with Cillian Murphy (an Irish actor she knows well) and in season 2 he comes on screen and despite being in close to 100% of all scenes in that show asked my da "who's he now"

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

that Simpsons episode where nelson and the boys walk dumbfounded out of naked lunch

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol actually one time I went on a date on valentine's day to see the princess bride, but they were sold out, so we were like "hm, the diving bell and the butterfly sounds kind of romantic?"

it was not a good date.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

lmao

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

lmao awesome

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

that Simpsons episode where nelson and the boys walk dumbfounded out of naked lunch

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

lmao

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

Lmao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

We landed on the moon!

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Bicyclops posted:

lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

We landed on the moon!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

EmmyOk posted:

hell yes

My ma and da were watching peaky blinders that show with Cillian Murphy (an Irish actor she knows well) and in season 2 he comes on screen and despite being in close to 100% of all scenes in that show asked my da "who's he now"

Bicyclops posted:

Bicyclops posted:

lol actually one time I went on a date on valentine's day to see the princess bride, but they were sold out, so we were like "hm, the diving bell and the butterfly sounds kind of romantic?"

it was not a good date.

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I worked at a video store when Pan’s Labyrinth came out on DVD and we had to put a note on the shelf that it was only in Spanish with subtitles because so many people kept asking for their rental money back because it wasn’t in English.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i'm not going to post the i only watch slow burn thinking man's jump scare free horror cinema from a24 meme due to the presence of boomer beard faces from 4chan on it as well, but pretend i did.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

EmmyOk posted:

hell yes

peaky fuckin blinders

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I think she only watched it on my brothers recommendation because she thought Gabriel Byrne was in it

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

Lmfao.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lmao

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

Bicyclops posted:

spoilers... christ! I thought this forum was better than this

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

Bicyclops posted:

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

We landed on the moon!

lmfao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I worked at a video store when Pan’s Labyrinth came out on DVD and we had to put a note on the shelf that it was only in Spanish with subtitles because so many people kept asking for their rental money back because it wasn’t in English.

lmao I rented that thinking it was a quirky fantasy that was family-friendly and then that dude started getting his face smashed in by the wine bottle :stare: I gotta start reading up on movies before I watch

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

the hollywood video my buddy worked at ent out of business because they thought it ws going to be a massive hit and bought like thirty copies and then rented it out like twice ever :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

well maybe not just because of tht but also they had like crazy priorities. like they had ten copies of the first raidou kuzunoha sitting out but no copies of wind waker, whn they went bust i bought a couple of them for like a buck eac