Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Admins give me head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I know everyone is sick and tired of hearing about Vtubers, so I apologise in advance about opening another topic related to them, but would a promotion thread for goon Vtubers be tolerated? Something like a place for SA Vtubers to post introductions/streams and maybe for some discussion about them, with no Hololive/Nijisanji/etc talk allowed. There were quite a few of them posting in old Vtuber threads, and I feel they were both blameless for the whole shitstorm and the ones most hosed over by it. Yeah, I know lol at trying to build a fanbase through a dead gay comedy forum, but even a few dozen goons who end up watching some of the streams and subscribing to the channel can be a pretty big boost for unknown, independent Vtubers who are just starting.

(If there is a thread for it somewhere, and I just suck at searching forums, please point me to it instead. :v: )

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It exists in games or LP

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

El Burbo posted:

Oh yeah mods do get those huh

Admins make me mod just long enough to get a custom icon and then demod me thanks in advance

Palpek over in games used to give them for doing game reviews and other content contribution. That's where I got mine.

He stopped that though because it went through an admin who has retired.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lt. Lizard posted:

I know everyone is sick and tired of hearing about Vtubers, so I apologise in advance about opening another topic related to them, but would a promotion thread for goon Vtubers be tolerated? Something like a place for SA Vtubers to post introductions/streams and maybe for some discussion about them, with no Hololive/Nijisanji/etc talk allowed. There were quite a few of them posting in old Vtuber threads, and I feel they were both blameless for the whole shitstorm and the ones most hosed over by it. Yeah, I know lol at trying to build a fanbase through a dead gay comedy forum, but even a few dozen goons who end up watching some of the streams and subscribing to the channel can be a pretty big boost for unknown, independent Vtubers who are just starting.

(If there is a thread for it somewhere, and I just suck at searching forums, please point me to it instead. :v: )
Theres a thread for it in lp yeah

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Lt. Lizard posted:

Yeah there's an LP thread dedicated to v-tubers:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3965483

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Namtab posted:

It exists in games or LP

I didn't find anything in LP and the general promo stream thread in Games was specifically where I got the idea because I browsed it for a bit and didn't find any of the SA Vtubers posting there. But I guess "just post in general streaming thread" can be a solution fot them. :shrug:

EDIT: Oh, ok Im just blind. Nevermind then. :bang:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Mokinokaro posted:

Palpek over in games used to give them for doing game reviews and other content contribution. That's where I got mine.

He stopped that though because it went through an admin who has retired.

In general admins have moved away from handing out custom icons to regular users yeah.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Discrimination imo

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I’m no regular user, I’m Namtab

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Namtab posted:

I’m no regular user, I’m Namtab

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o68ZFF5W3PM

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD
phew I'm not the only one

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

rip .jpg

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Julias posted:

In general admins have moved away from handing out custom icons to regular users yeah.

From my understanding it's actually a huge pain the rear end to do.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

That video just reminded me that my avas should be faster, wonder what happened

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
forums are locked to 30fps

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Julias posted:

Asking to be made a mod is like the number one way to never be made mod.

Oh poo poo make me mod.

I feel better having my name glassed off the face of the earth, thanks.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Mokinokaro posted:

From my understanding it's actually a huge pain the rear end to do.

Looks like it's a CSS rule :laffo:

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Namtab posted:

I remember there being a minor kerfuffle about people noticing that their animated avatars slowing down for some reason. It turned out that somebody was just buying a bunch of new avatars that were slowed down versions of the old ones.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Pollyanna posted:

Looks like it's a CSS rule :laffo:

Radium strikes again

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Namtab posted:

Athanatos edited it to a slower version after a user messaged them telling them that they identified it as a genuine seizure risk (their life partner has Epilepsy so they're hyper aware of that stuff)

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Julias posted:

Athanatos edited it to a slower version after a user messaged them telling them that they identified it as a genuine seizure risk (their life partner has Epilepsy so they're hyper aware of that stuff)

that's really cool but it's a little bizarre that namtab was never told this happened. but also that's kinda funny

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i assume it was decided midway through writing up a pm that it would be funnier not to, and who i am to disagree

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Is my avatar too flashy? I'm pretty fond of it but if there's risk of it inducing a seizure in people then I'm willing to sacrifice it.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I'm not an expert but I think it's fine?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

namtab is a health hazard

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

By the way, if anyone wants to request a thread name change or minor IK duties feel free to message me on top of Julias, I'm usually active when they're not. Just don't expect me to read reports because I can't lol

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Namtab posted:

Not asking, just extremely eager to volunteer and already plannign a custom star

Anyone who thinks I’d abuse mod powers has not payed a lick of attention to my recent post history. I barely have enough energy to type this post, much less lay waste to any forums enemies.

… not that you asked, but apparently it might be a medical thing.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I. M. Gei posted:

Anyone who thinks I’d abuse mod powers has not payed a lick of attention to my recent post history. I barely have enough energy to type this post, much less lay waste to any forums enemies.

I question why you think anyone pays attention to your post history

Lucavi
May 12, 2002

I. M. Gei posted:

Shut The gently caress Up

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Kild posted:

I question why you think anyone pays attention to your post history

In recent months I’ve actually had to shout down goons claiming I must be a troll because I’m too stupid/hosed up to be believable as a real human being and pointing to my post history as some sort of proof of that. It’s lovely as gently caress but it has happened.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Lucavi posted:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
thirsty for mod

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

remove the entire mod staff and let god sort us out

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Lucavi posted:

Lucavi posted:

Lucavi posted:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

I. M. Gei posted:

In recent months I’ve actually had to shout down goons claiming I must be a troll because I’m too stupid/hosed up to be believable as a real human being and pointing to my post history as some sort of proof of that. It’s lovely as gently caress but it has happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FYTc55nGEI

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
This all feels a little uncomfortable.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I nominate Julias to continue modding.

EDIT: Sorry in advance.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
Make everyone a mod and let chaos reign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

no mods, no kings, only vtubers