Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

is this legit Dan Quinn. I can't tell.

it's him, you can tell by the stevia cold fusion nonsense and the fact that he's calling out long-retired UFC fighters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Shifty Pony posted:

titer me up dammit.

congrats, uh... Schiff T. Pony?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

well i guess both the morgues AND the hospitals are full now?? oh man i guess we gotta start burying people *listens to earpiece* i'm getting word all the graveyards are full too

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Helith posted:

*coughs at you from the south*

Feeling a little tickle, no time to worry about that, standing room is back at the pub time to smash some schooners of gold

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Have to do some airline travel in a few days. Have two shots of Moderna and a 3M N95 Aura. Was looking into the N100 3M half-mask respirators. Anyone have any trouble flying with those?

I couldn't find the HF-800's recommended in the OP locally (don't have time to order them online) so which of the ones available at Home Depot are recommended?

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

jetz0r posted:

still the same shot, just smaller.

gently caress yeah that owns

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Mr Biden I have an idea: Buy some advertisements that say "Heaven is full, get your vaccine"

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Stereotype posted:

Mr Biden I have an idea: Buy some advertisements that say "Heaven is full, get your vaccine"

ooh seems a little proactive

maybe tone that down to just a tweet

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

"if you tell me to wear a mask i am going to shoot you"

"help please i want to live a bloo bloo bloo" gently caress that guy

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Lenin Stimpy posted:

Ending the eviction ban is going to make this pandemic so much worse, my god.
I was assuming they'd have to extend the eviction ban given how bad the pandemic is in many parts of the US right now. This is a loving disaster and I'm certain the landlords are already mobilizing. I feel sick

Just pushing that accelerator all the way to the floor and through it

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

I'm sure this is nothing to worry about

https://twitter.com/ProfPCDoherty/status/1431039478135619584

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

-Blackadder- posted:

Have to do some airline travel in a few days. Have two shots of Moderna and a 3M N95 Aura. Was looking into the N100 3M half-mask respirators. Anyone have any trouble flying with those?

I couldn't find the HF-800's recommended in the OP locally (don't have time to order them online) so which of the ones available at Home Depot are recommended?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-Pro-Medium-Multi-Purpose-Respirator-with-Quick-Latch-65023QLHA1-C/206408988

This one, because the face mask portion is made of silicone. It's way more comfortable than the cheaper ones. Stick with a name brand ppe company like 3m, don't buy the home depot house brand stuff.

Any of the p100 filters made for it will work for covid. Extras like acid gas or organic vapors cost more, and aren't useful for covid, but won't hurt anything if you want a cartridge instead of the pancake filter p100s.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
So I am looking at that Georgia hospital interface and Dekalb county is getting slammed, any reason in particular? Heavy chud area?

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

:classiclol: me if lambda hits the big-time

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
eh it's a preprint

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Lacrosse posted:

Just pushing that accelerator all the way to the floor and through it

joe biden taking over from trumb, who already has the accelerator pedal wedged down as far as it goes with a rifle, climbs onto the hood of the car and starts spitting nitrous into the engine air intake like in mad max

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Death By The Blues posted:

So I am looking at that Georgia hospital interface and Dekalb county is getting slammed, any reason in particular? Heavy chud area?

Nope definitely not Chud county.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
if a variant of the novel coronavirus can infect people who are vaccinated it will spread everywhere immediately because we aren't doing poo poo to stop it. we're doing the opposite of that. we're doing as much as we can to spread it around.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

yeah, and it's only 'may'
what they're seeing are indications that it could evolve in that direction, not that it definitely will
plus I think delta outcompetes lambda right now

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Millions are facing destitution from lost unemployment benefits and/or eviction right as the pandemic is getting the worst it's ever been and is continuing to rapidly spiral out of control. There's supply chain shortages everywhere and is now starting to affect the food supply in places (ex: the Centralia, WA closure). This country is going to burn. :stare:

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Better buy some beans and spaghettios!

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
I mean on one hand I am finally moving out of my parents house again but still not employed haven't since March 2020. On the other hand, they have a home theatre and a pool and is it worth it to leave just to shutdown again. Not great imo.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Koirhor posted:

do you want to come over and drink on saturday?

i thought my last post came off a little harsh, btw

send me a dm if you're a central ohio goon and want to hang out. i'd absolutely like to get to know you first before you invite me to drink strange tinctures under a bridge

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Lacrosse posted:

Millions are facing destitution from lost unemployment benefits and/or eviction right as the pandemic is getting the worst it's ever been and is continuing to rapidly spiral out of control. There's supply chain shortages everywhere and is now starting to affect the food supply in places (ex: the Centralia, WA closure). This country is going to burn. :stare:

dont worry, it's not that bad

yet

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

My n95 doesn't feel sealed at the top around the nose, is that normal or am I doing something wrong?

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

I wish the US did more sequencing, there's got to be some exciting new variants evolving in Florida right now

coke
Jul 12, 2009

-Blackadder- posted:

Went through 2 airports in the US and 2 airports in NZ about a month ago and no one gave me any trouble with the 3M 7520 half face with 2097 p100 filter and 3m sealed goggles. Just tie a surgical mask to cover the exhaust port. The TSA people looked at me but didn't say much. Wore the mask for almost 24 hours straight and it was pretty comfortable even while sleeping.

Had to hold my breathe and take off the whole setup for a few seconds when they were checking my passport though.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

stump collector posted:

rip lake charles, we barely knew him

i lived there for 8 years

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Death By The Blues posted:

Dekalb is a majority black county and has some pretty poor areas. This is probably leading their horrific coronavirus totals because people around here never seem to understand that it isn't a big joke about horse paste nazis getting owned when these states have millions of poor or minorities in them getting put through a meatgrinder.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Mr Hootington posted:

So Australian economy numbers are coming in and their economy is starting to buckle. This is why their covid response has shifted to suicidal.

lmaoing that this is happening the same day that florida's restaurant lobby is like "NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE ARE SPENDING MONEY WE NEED MORE BAILOUTS PLS" when the morgues are full

like open biden didn't even work in florida. they killed thousands of their own citizens for what, two and half months of suck and gently caress before the rest of the country was like "uhhh no thanks"

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Stereotype posted:

if a variant of the novel coronavirus can infect people who are vaccinated it will spread everywhere immediately because we aren't doing poo poo to stop it. we're doing the opposite of that. we're doing as much as we can to spread it around.

Yeah like Delta variant

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Dekalb is a majority black county and has some pretty poor areas. This is probably leading their horrific coronavirus totals because people around here never seem to understand that it isn't a big joke about horse paste nazis getting owned when these states have millions of poor or minorities in them getting put through a meatgrinder.

we joke about horse paste nazis because it's the only way to find any levity in this poo poo

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Again while this sucks and Black Americans understandably should be wary of the larger medical apparatus, my grandmothers whose knees are shot had to beg and walk around to get two doses of the poo poo sinopharm in Iran and a ton of relatives having difficulty getting vaccines, as embargos choke the country. While this happens in Georgia:

https://twitter.com/JustinGrayWSB/status/1428119465166770187

loving Americans.

Death By The Blues fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Aug 27, 2021

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

lmao 3,110 new cases for Washington State today :newlol:

quote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CoronavirusWA/comments/pcalhm/washington_state_3110_new_cases_491869_cases/
The 3,110 new cases on 8/25 are higher than the 2,185 new cases on 8/24 on a lower volume of tests (18,570 total tests on 8/25 vs 19,304 total tests on 8/24.

The 23 new deaths on 8/25 are lower than the 31 new deaths on 8/24.

The 245 new hospitalizations on 8/25 are higher than the 63 new hospitalizations on 8/24.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Lacrosse posted:

local arcade just decided on their own that it’s okay to not wear a mask as long as you’re playing a dancing video game that will make you breathe way harder and blast droplets everywhere

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

etalian posted:

I like all the sob stories "Couple die / tragic story!" then buried inside the story it always has a single line about how neither person was vaccinated.

I know most of the police story of tragic officer deaths also never tell about their vaccination status.

The Canadian news is full of the evacuation efforts in Afghanistan. There was a clip on radio news of a Canadian citizen who travelled there for a wedding and was now trapped at the airport after the last Canadian flight left.

So, you got onto an international flight to travel to a wedding during a pandemic in a troubled country full of warlords and militias jockeying for position as the occupiers leave. At any point did you hear a small, still voice questioning your life choices?

I hope she's fully vaccinated and can lay her hands on a burqa.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Casey Finnigan posted:

get these lazy soon-to-be-evicted bums out onto the streets so that they can ??? and ???

gently caress, suck

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Mr Hootington posted:

So Australian economy numbers are coming in and their economy is starting to buckle. This is why their covid response has shifted to suicidal.

what's happening?
the news here is just wall to wall Afghanistan and covid news and paralympics coverage right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Lacrosse posted:

4x jump in new hospitalizations from one day to the next. sounds bad