Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

skewetoo posted:

Someone at work sought me out because hey you like and know about covid anyways instead of a vax I was thinking of going the therapeutic route have you heard about ivermectin?

If you hate this co-workers just tell them it's a good idea and they should try it themselves.

Also say you heard online that the dosing requirement should be increase by 3x/4x since that's the amount needed to work on humans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

Beat it for long enough, and it becomes a horse paste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTpXh33Mbeg
@00:30-00:32

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
OPEN BIDEN!

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I'm not sure anyone in this thread is talking about the same thing vis a vis advanced directives and living wills and medical poa.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

pancake rabbit posted:

my pet conspiracy theory right now is that the elites actually do recognize the existential threat of climate change and they have decided that the only way to preserve their power & wealth while keeping the planet at least somewhat inhabitable is to simply remove XX% of the population, hence the unrelenting push to open biden

although i am probably giving the rich too much credit and it's just a serendipitous coincidence for them

Justification aside, they're absolutely deliberately trying to kill people

My theory is that they just believe that culling the weak is somehow beneficial to society.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Asproigerosis posted:

I'm not sure anyone in this thread is talking about the same thing vis a vis advanced directives and living wills and medical poa.

in context we were mostly discussing advanced health care directives.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Yeah, what the hell is a living will?

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

they kicked me out of the pool because the sign said no horseplay

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Asproigerosis posted:

Not much, what the hell is a living will with you?

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Asproigerosis posted:

you ever see videodrome?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lmao at CNN whining over China's success:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/27/china/2-billion-covid-vaccines-mic-intl-hnk/index.html

quote:

China's coronavirus vaccination drive has surpassed 2 billion doses, authorities announced Friday, but heavy-handed tactics intended to boost inoculation rates are triggering backlash in some areas.

As of Thursday, more than 889 million people had been fully vaccinated, with more than two billion shots of domestically-produced Covid-19 vaccine administered in total, an official at the National Health Commission said at a press conference Friday. That puts China on par with the United Kingdom and ahead of the United States in terms of the percentage of its population that are now fully vaccinated.
The 2 billion milestone came just 10 weeks after the country passed its first billion mark in June, with China now accounting for around 40% of the approximately 5 billion shots given globally.
China's push to boost vaccination rates has accelerated since July, when the highly contagious Delta variant sent infections rising across the country.

On Friday, health officials announced that the outbreak had been "effectively brought under control," with case numbers decreasing for 11 straight days since August 16, but the inoculation drive has continued to gather pace.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
a living will is similar to the constitution which is a living document

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

euphronius posted:

what is a fed ceo

A head of a region bank for the Federal reserve. There are 12.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

900 million fully vaccinated lmao

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/janellefiona/status/1431103573094543360?s=20

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

it's a sentient will

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

lol see ya kids, gently caress off

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Thats the only hope they have. SCOTUS will come through in the end I suppose

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

euphronius posted:

Thats the only hope they have. SCOTUS will come through in the end I suppose

lol WASPs acting like victims

quote:

“The Bible says we’re made in the image of God and Satan tries to cover that up. A mask is a sign of oppression,” Nelson said Thursday. “If it was Muslim, Jewish or something of a more high-profile minority religion in this country, yes, they would have accommodated ... just to say they weren’t discriminating based on that religion. But they feel safe because it’s Christianity.”

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Feige doesnt have the guts to put The Living Will on screen in a MCU role, only as Easter eggs

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

thank god we're not using heavy handed tactics here in the US, wouldn't want a backlash against vaccines to lead to mass death and people doing stupid poo poo like blinding themselves with horse dewormer

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

thank god we're not using heavy handed tactics here in the US, wouldn't want a backlash against vaccines to lead to mass death and people doing stupid poo poo like blinding themselves with horse dewormer

Or the massive surge in US hospital from unvaxxed Trumpers / conspiracy theory fan such that people that need actual medical care get turned away.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Zurtilik posted:

Well I sent e-mail to HR with all sorts of numbers and that is about all I can do. Hope I don't face any retaliation. EHEHEHE.

Be careful. HR is there to protect the company's interests, not yours. If you raise too much of a ruckus your manager is going to get an email that says "You need to take care of this."

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

etalian posted:

If you hate this co-workers just tell them it's a good idea and they should try it themselves.

Also say you heard online that the dosing requirement should be increase by 3x/4x since that's the amount needed to work on humans.

She's cool but misguided. I keep telling her to look into this fringe medicine called moderna but this morning she's into SSRIs :sigh:

If there's a run on ssri meds it might seriously harm or kill me lol lmfao

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

covid is over

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

smoobles posted:

covid is over

Many are saying this

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

McCracAttack posted:

Be careful. HR is there to protect the company's interests, not yours. If you raise too much of a ruckus your manager is going to get an email that says "You need to take care of this."

Yeah HR never actually looks out for employees it's all about protecting the company from legal liability.

AKA gathering black book on employees so they can say the person was fired for good reasons

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Yeah! It's pretty exciting =)

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

My religious beliefs include
-being dumb as hell
-killing myself
-killing other people
-getting easily avoidable brain damage

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

etalian posted:

lol WASPs acting like victims

quote:

“The Bible says we’re made in the image of God and Satan tries to cover that up. A mask is a sign of oppression,” Nelson said Thursday. “If it was Muslim, Jewish or something of a more high-profile minority religion in this country, yes, they would have accommodated ... just to say they weren’t discriminating based on that religion. But they feel safe because it’s Christianity.”

All these stupid fuckers still wearing pants.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

hell even if you live in a right to work state they don't even need a real reason to fire you. It's part of the reason why I haven't told my employer I have ADHD

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Hatebag posted:

My religious beliefs include
-being dumb as hell
-killing myself
-killing other people
-getting easily avoidable brain damage

I like mask and vaxx mandates since it's a good way to remove such people from a workplace or university environment.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

etalian posted:

Or the massive surge in US hospital from unvaxxed Trumpers / conspiracy theory fan such that people that need actual medical care get turned away.

Thankfully we told all the vaccinated people who need medical care in the future its absolutely fine for them to spread covid as much as they can and that only the people they spread it to are to blame

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

I'm already on my way to the poor house anyway. Might as well get fired and drop the illusion!

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

etalian posted:

I like mask and vaxx mandates since it's a good way to remove such people from a workplace or university environment.

Yeah, but it's hosed people need a mandate to tell them to look out for their own interests lol

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

TIL that true christians don’t wear clothes

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Eve was the only true Christian. Every Christian since this is mad they can't just frolic naked in a garden. I know I was!

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Helith posted:

TIL that true christians don’t wear clothes

Deuteronomy 22:5 ESV / 422 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful
“A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Don't sign your posts, god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

peekaboo is an offense to god