Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Orange vs Hardy 67 50.00%
Bros vs Blonds 37 27.61%
Velvet vs Hayter 22 16.42%
Black vs Brock 8 5.97%
Total: 134 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Pylons posted:

Something I've been wondering, is there any chance Punk does the Pepsi Plunge to put Darby away at All Out? It's hell on his knees but he could do it as something special he needs to dig deep and beat Darby and then retire the move afterwards.

I've been thinking about this for a while too, Darby is an ideal person to take it and it would be a great beat to end his return match on. Bonus points if you can set it up with Darby going to the top for a coffin drop before Punk outmaneuvers him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.

Alaois posted:

taz would never let someone from new jersey in his group

Beat me to it! It's the ONE rule of Team Taz. What they should do is absorb Jade ... imagine the interactions between her and Ricky? Or, more realistically, Smart Mark and Taz?

I could see Brandi as a good manager. I'm willing to chalk up her in-ring stuff as "omg it's COVID and most of our female roster is gone."

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

why the absolute gently caress didn't they put leyla in team taz

Anything to get more Leyla on my tv.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

:siren:

https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/1431365710933118979

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Excalibur: That's the Legally Distinct Cola Crusher!!!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

oh no no no

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Britt's signaling that she's distressed because her boyfriend re-signed with WWE and will appear on Smackdown tonight. Another blow for no. 2 wrestling promotion AEW

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

xbilkis posted:

no. 2 wrestling promotion AEW

oh did impact go out of business???

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Brittany much happer to watch a CM Punk match than an Adam Cole match

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
So along with rumors that Punk shirt sales are over 50k currently, friend of mine who works at pwtees said that one Mr. Punk bought them all pizza today.

I think he may have, in fact, been rewarded handsomely by AEW. Ice cream and pizza, this dude is bringing it all.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

It's truly the all ages pleaser. Who wouldn't mark out for pizza and ice cream?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Adam Cole canceled his stream for today which means he definitely resigned|re-signed|resign-ed|resig-ned

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Lanky_Nibz posted:

It's truly the all ages pleaser. Who wouldn't mark out for pizza and ice cream?

I learned today from Tony Schiavone that everyone likes pizza and Tony Schiavone is goddamn correct. My understanding that everyone loves ice cream comes from Roy Kent but that's a different show and sport.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

xbilkis posted:

I've been thinking about this for a while too, Darby is an ideal person to take it and it would be a great beat to end his return match on. Bonus points if you can set it up with Darby going to the top for a coffin drop before Punk outmaneuvers him

It would also work nicely with his story of this being his return to pro wrestling

After being unable to use the Pepsi Plunge for 16 years (for numerous reasons), he's finally free to bust it out on special occasions

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

why the absolute gently caress didn't they put leyla in team taz

My problem with that idea is: is there any reason she fits besides just being swole? At this point Jade is a way better fit in both look and character.

I guess you could just turn her heel but AEW feels way too Heel-heavy these days for me.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Daztek posted:

Adam Cole canceled his stream for today which means he definitely resigned|re-signed|resign-ed|resig-ned

Or his extension runs through today and they need to bring him up to the main roster so they can bury him real quick.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Drakkel posted:

My problem with that idea is: is there any reason she fits besides just being swole? At this point Jade is a way better fit in both look and character.

Leyla is also a human suplex machine.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

Drakkel posted:

I guess you could just turn her heel but AEW feels way too Heel-heavy these days for me.

I mean the first time she stepped down the AEW ramp she flipped Austin Gunn off; that was the moment that made me 100% her fan.

Besides that she has the FTW attitude. She's know to be down to wrestle anyone. "Big or small, I'll fight them all," right? Too bad she's from Jersey...

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Yeah her style is incredibly simpatico with Taz.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
When she first came in her gimmick was very much a mean-mugging tough son of a bitch who'll tip you over and make you tap out, which is pretty Taz. She's since learned how to loosen up and have some fun, but that was on Dark w/ Mizunami, and can be quickly forgotten if it needs to be to get her more TV time.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

OK, so Brandi's tweet about being away from her baby is because she's a guest on the TBS "Friday Night Vibes." movie slot.

https://twitter.com/TheBrandiRhodes/status/1431371140081991682

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1431372197784965120

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Only surprise for me in these rankings is Will Hobbs in the number 4 spot. Wonder if this heralds him having some more high profile matches.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

GIVE ME HOBBS VS MIRO

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lamuella posted:

Only surprise for me in these rankings is Will Hobbs in the number 4 spot. Wonder if this heralds him having some more high profile matches.

He's been #4 for like 2 months!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

smarxist posted:

GIVE ME HOBBS VS MIRO

:hai:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I want Danielson as either Mito's mystery opponent/open challenge or Archer's mystery partner

I love mystery competitors when done well

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Lamuella posted:

Next in line for Punk, imo (along with Ricky)

I guess Cage is probably going to beat Hobbs first, though. I wonder if face Cage is the last filler feud for Kenny before Hangman gets his shot

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

xbilkis posted:

Next in line for Punk, imo (along with Ricky)

I guess Cage is probably going to beat Hobbs first, though. I wonder if face Cage is the last filler feud for Kenny before Hangman gets his shot

I think that's gonna be Mox.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Nick Jr. Face posted:

I'd rather take a one-month probation lol

It's booked. If All Elite Wrestling, or an interpretation of such organization (for example Tony Khan directly buying impact) does not purchase Impact Wrestling by the end of the year, you will be probated for the month of January.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Rarity posted:

There's nothing inherently wrong with botches. Like, if this was real then the stuff they were trying to do wouldn't always land and that's fine. They only suck when they noticeably break the illusion. For example:

Good botch: Velvet missing the moonsault and Jamie immediately pouncing on her

Bad botch: Penta stumbling on the rollup into the DDT and Griff standing there for 10 seconds like a goober while Penta finds his footing

This is it for me as well. I love VB and LB and that match was hard for me to watch. Red Velvet needs more time, but it was still my MOTN.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

smarxist posted:

GIVE ME HOBBS VS MIRO

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

smarxist posted:

GIVE ME HOBBS VS MIRO

:hmmyes:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

smarxist posted:

GIVE ME HOBBS VS MIRO

The truth comes out! Hobbs and Miro, why not done?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

smarxist posted:

GIVE ME HOBBS VS MIRO

meat slapping meat you say...

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

"You are here on Town Bidness. I am here on God's Business. Who do you think will win?"

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

Where are the 87-5 Gunn Club?!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Daztek posted:

TK flying in to meet with him in person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

Saul Goode posted:

Where are the 87-5 Gunn Club?!

All their wins are against dweebs so they count for less.