Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

pancake rabbit posted:

https://twitter.com/W7VOA/status/1431812363448094721

*flips number sign with label "days since delta hunted down a white republican boomer talk radio host" from 1 back to 0*

I was waiting 1.5 years for the chickens to come home and it finally happened thanks to Delta. Except it hasn’t gotten anyone high profile yet like at fox or in Congress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_612afa32e4b0f562f3deddb9

(slaps side of truck trailer) this bad boy can fit a dozen bodies

edit: I’m genuinely surprised they hold so few bodies

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Aug 29, 2021

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

fatalities generate a lot of droplets

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Glumwheels posted:

I was waiting 1.5 years for the chickens to come home and it finally happened thanks to Delta. Except it hasn’t gotten anyone high profile yet like at fox or in Congress.

the fox people aren't true believers, they just lie about. the low to mid tier chuds are stupid enough to believe them though lmao

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/KAMRLocal4News/status/1431778653227077633

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

crepeface posted:

how is that take exclusive to c-spam

or even a joke

because i made it rhyme :3:

:yooge: they're killing em all bad and you hate to see it, tv killed the radio for good believe me the pattern's right there folks! :yooge:

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Atrocious Joe posted:

I loving love the people who think they are opposing the neoliberal deep state by posting their opposition to vaccine passports and lockdowns in the US.

There are no real vaccine passports or lockdowns. Some expensive social events have had vaccine checks, but those already exclude people by being expensive. It's literally just a policy to reassure people with the time and money to keep up with pandemic news, but are dumb enough to keep partying.

You know when there were lockdowns? Last year after the George Floyd protests happened. They were implemented in hours and had no public debate around it. The state already has all the power. They deploy it to crush social movements for justice.

The capitalist class is loving glad you think COVID is no big deal. They don't want to deal with it. They don't want to subsidize more public health care. They don't care if workers die, they just complain about how those deaths gently caress up hiring and consumer confidence.
lol yup all the curfews and lockdowns only happened during the George Floyd / BLM protests. I remember the Seattle mayor releasing this bullshit,

"The curfew will be in effect from 5:00 pm – 5:00 am, and during those hours residents and visitors should remain in their residence to the extent possible and should refrain from traveling in and through Seattle. The curfew is intended to prevent violence and widespread property damage, and to prevent the further community spread of COVID-19 through continued gathering. "

love how they tagged on the covid bit at the end when that had nothing to do with anything, and that poo poo was in late May.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Lovelyn posted:

everyone is dying

4 yesterday
2 last night
3 today
2 on their way out

How are you and the other staff doing?
that’s a rough situation, I hope you’re all able to take care of yourselves and each other and have good support networks
you can always vent to us too here in the thread

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Consummate Professional posted:

the fox people aren't true believers, they just lie about. the low to mid tier chuds are stupid enough to believe them though lmao

Tucker is loving stupid, money doesn’t make one smart

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Steve Yun posted:

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_612afa32e4b0f562f3deddb9

(slaps side of truck trailer) this bad boy can fit a dozen bodies

Suuuurrrreee that they only had 11 deaths yesterday in all of Florida.... :jerkbag:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Lovelyn posted:

everyone is dying

4 yesterday
2 last night
3 today
2 on their way out

is there a candy bowl in the break room? is there ice cream in the break room fridge?

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

https://twitter.com/jerilynn_johns/status/1431640879102582798?s=19

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

oh no a veteran died this changes everything

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

"when we were still dealing with wild-type (or Alpha), some people who were being put on ventilators would survive, but nowadays all of them (based on this reddit thread) are dying"

The obvious answer to this that doesn't accuse the healthcare workers of negligence or malice would be that the Delta variant is that much more virulent

But the problem is that if you look closely into what these people believe, they don't think that the Delta variant is a real thing anyway. They just think it's been a "rebranding" of the "original" COVID pandemic to up the stakes, up the ante, to get people to take the vaccines on the basis that it's deadlier, more infectious, whatever, and in this case in order to "explain away" the lower survival rates from patients being put on ventilators.

PerniciousKnid posted:

Can anybody recommend a good introduction to Maoism?

I would recommend Elliott Liu's "Maoism and the Chinese Revolution" for a broad overall history of communism in China. From there you can hone-in on specifics that you might be interested in.

For example, this year I also read through Xiaoming Zhang's "Deng Xiaoping's Long War", about the conflict between China and Vietnam from 1979 to 1991. And now I'm currently reading through Alexander V. Pantsov's "Deng Xiaoping: A Revolutionary Life", which is a very well-researched biography of the man.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Helith posted:

you can always vent us too here in the thread

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Helith posted:

lol

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Internet Janitor posted:

In the early days of the pandemic I let my hair grow out until it started bothering me. Late one night, after two weeks without setting foot outside my apartment, I was seized by an overwhelming urge to shave my head, having only a few disposable blade razors and a pair of scissors at my disposal. Once the process begins, you can't really back out. A month earlier the light switch in my bathroom had failed, and maintenance refused to do anything about it, so for three hours I sat naked in the dark in my tub, scraping my scalp smooth by feel. I nearly passed out halfway through, from the combination of holding my arms overhead and concentrating so intensely on the task that I found myself holding my breath. Nicked my scalp a few times, and by the end I was covered in loose hair and sheets of my own blood. Touching the bare scalp offered a strange sensation of discovering a previously unknown part of my body.

Better tools and a little practice go a long way. Ordered a razor with a set of guards, and I've been doing my hair with it ever since. I don't think I'll ever go to a barber again. My needs are simple, and I can do the job quickly by myself. The ritual reminds me of that first session every time, though. I'm living in a changed world, and I am changed, too.

hell yes, this is the best way to do it. preferably with an edible. like a space monkey :twisted:

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

With Covid related causes, not OF covid.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

lmao
I missed out a word
it should be vent to us

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Lovelyn posted:

everyone is dying

4 yesterday
2 last night
3 today
2 on their way out

thats only 11 people doomer. nearly eight billion didn't die.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

shackleford posted:

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1431655467894419456

the CDC was so blown away by delta infections occurring more than 3 feet away in classrooms that they wrote it up in MMWR "early release", uhh, looks like three months after it actually happened

U-DO Burger posted:

lol im sorry but i refuse to believe that classroom had 25 kids all sitting 6 ft from each other as the chart suggests
lol yeah
also wondering why those few in the back row got it while others closer to the teacher didn't
then again maybe the kids closer got it and then spread it to their friends who happen to sit further away
maybe the kids that didn't get it had better masks
who loving knows too many variables
loving school during a pandemic, what a shitshow

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Atrocious Joe posted:

I loving love the people who think they are opposing the neoliberal deep state by posting their opposition to vaccine passports and lockdowns in the US.

There are no real vaccine passports or lockdowns. Some expensive social events have had vaccine checks, but those already exclude people by being expensive. It's literally just a policy to reassure people with the time and money to keep up with pandemic news, but are dumb enough to keep partying.

You know when there were lockdowns? Last year after the George Floyd protests happened. They were implemented in hours and had no public debate around it. The state already has all the power. They deploy it to crush social movements for justice.

The capitalist class is loving glad you think COVID is no big deal. They don't want to deal with it. They don't want to subsidize more public health care. They don't care if workers die, they just complain about how those deaths gently caress up hiring and consumer confidence.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

VomitOnLino posted:

I still don't fully believe that a lot of the anti-mask, anti-vax thing is organic. I mean it sprang up world-wide and spread quickly across language barriers.
I mean it may have gone the way of "The magicians apprentice" and could have evolved into its own thing, free from its former progenitors and masters.

Personally I feel it just provides too convenient a countervailing force to people demanding their lives and livelihood be protected for me to believe it's organic.

No lockdowns?
Just point at the chuds.

No mask mandate?
Just point at the chuds.

Hospitals full?
Just point at the chuds.

Cases high?
Just point at the chuds.

You're 100% correct It's astroturfed af, the surviving Koch ghoul is literally hiring out of work actors to protest masks 7 days a week lmao. This isn't a conspiracy theory It's documented.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Pingui posted:

CNN continues to be wildly irresponsible:

Everything is safe or low risk. Go spend.
lol
got take-out japanese food for dinner tonight
the entire international district/chinatown in Seattle was jam packed with Seahawk pre-season game fans
i step into the restaurant to get food with my half mask respirator
quickly get food pay and leave, in and out within a minute
but my god
at least 50+ customers, no masks on anyone, no ventilation, jam-packed
i noticed all the staff had good kf94s or n95s on, so at least that's something, but still holy gently caress

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Blackhawk posted:

With Covid related causes, not OF covid.

:yooge: fake news

See they have an answer for everything

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

it's extremely funny that pharma companies have been saying for months that they plan to profit from "endemic" COVID
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pfizer-covid-vaccine-price-hike-post-pandemic/

quote:

The possibility was raised by Carter Lewis Gould, a senior analyst for Biopharma Equity Research at Barclays, during a virtual global healthcare conference hosted by the bank. Gould, referencing comments made by Pfizer executives over the summer, asked how the pharmaceutical company still envisioned pursuing "higher pricing" as "we move from a pandemic to an endemic phase," according to an edited transcript of the conversation.

"Clearly got a lot of focus on the street. And in particular, some of your comments around the potential for higher pricing," Gould said of Pfizer's summer suggestion. "I think one of the things that people point to is both the optics of that as well as some of their experience with the flu market. Now this is absolutely different. But I was hoping you could maybe give us a little bit more depth on your thoughts here and around the potential to pursue higher pricing down the road?"

In response, Frank A. D'Amelio, CFO & executive VP of global supply for Pfizer, said the company anticipates a "significant opportunity" for its vaccine "from a pricing perspective" as we move "from a pandemic situation to an endemic situation."

"So if you look at how current demand and current pricing is being driven, it's clearly not being driven by what I'll call normal market conditions, normal market forces. It's really been driven by kind of the pandemic state that we've been in and the needs of governments to really secure doses from the various vaccine suppliers," D'Amelio explained. "So what we believe, what I believe is as we move from a pandemic state, from a pandemic situation to an endemic situation, normal market forces, normal market conditions will start to kick in. And factors like efficacy, booster ability, clinical utility will basically become very important, and we view that as, quite frankly, a significant opportunity for our vaccine from a demand perspective, from a pricing perspective, given the clinical profile of our vaccine," he said. "So clearly, more to come here. But we think as this shifts from pandemic to endemic, we think there's an opportunity here for us."

that's from march

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

VomitOnLino posted:

Since we're exchanging CRACK/PINGS and other helpful ideas here anyway:

How do you goons deal with your hair?
Mine is so long now I can tie it up into a pony tail which is annoying as gently caress and probably accelerates my male pattern baldness lol.

I'd just use my buzzer to cut it but there's two problems with that:
1) My buzzer is kinda poo poo and gives up half way through - that was fun finding that out in the early days of the pandemic...
2) Even as I eventually managed to complete it manually, I realized that I had a skull shape that makes me look like a cross breed between KZ escapee and potato

just let it flow dude. nobody cares. let your freak flag fly.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

fosborb posted:

lol I forgot the CDC is still recommending gaitors

lmao still

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
like just let it go man

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

lol a distant family member posted this video to facebook tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgXmO3MiZ_8

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lmao

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

like just let it go man

gently caress you look loving uncannily like me. Glasses, beard and frizzy-rear end annoying hair.
You even got the same weird rear end dome like bumps on the forehead I do as well.

Are you.. my clone?

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

Helith posted:

How are you and the other staff doing?
that’s a rough situation, I hope you’re all able to take care of yourselves and each other and have good support networks

Honestly, not holding it together well. One of our most senior nurses just started crying in the hallway after her patient died. We didn't have rounds today because the attending was going room to room intubating and coding, and the hospitalists canceled rounds to do the same. Everyone checked in with each other and we did our best but it's wearing us down.

We're short staffed for nights so bosses posted incentive bonus - regular pay + $75/hr if you pick up the shift. No takers. Raised to regular pay + $1,000 for the shift. No takers. I gave report to an ICU nurse taking a 3:1 ICU run with a PCU nurse assisting her.

Oh, and we ran out of isolation gowns today

fits my needs posted:

is there a candy bowl in the break room? is there ice cream in the break room fridge?

Management bought us Jersey Mike's subs - is that a step up from the Reese's?

The pharmacists have a candy bowl that's almost always well stocked

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

VomitOnLino posted:

gently caress you look loving uncannily like me. Glasses, beard and frizzy-rear end annoying hair.
You even got the same weird rear end dome like bumps on the forehead I do as well.

Are you.. my clone?

yeah probably

I'm every woman. it's all in me.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

VomitOnLino posted:

Are you.. my clone?

You 2 do not look alike.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Google Butt posted:

when i get ready to walk past antimaskers in the office

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1Vc8UvhdRM
gently caress yeah this guy rules

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

you curly haired guys should check out cgm (curly girl/guy method) for getting the best from your curls
curly hair can be a pain to look after but there are tricks to tame the frizz and keep your hair in good condition

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Helith posted:

you curly haired guys should check out cgm (curly girl/guy method) for getting the best from your curls
curly hair can be a pain to look after but there are tricks to tame the frizz and keep your hair in good condition

I just do what my wife tells me to do and then chuckle when she gets mad that my curls are bigger than hers. lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1431808102224048128