Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Helith posted:

you curly haired guys should check out cgm (curly girl/guy method) for getting the best from your curls
curly hair can be a pain to look after but there are tricks to tame the frizz and keep your hair in good condition

What's that? Where do I find it?
I already noticed that my hair looks better when it's very humid and looks like absolute GARBAGE when it's dry out.

Edit Fur/Hair Tax:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Paradoxish posted:

yeah, basically

we could easily do 4-5k dead per day (at least for a while) without having bodies in the street, and that's pretty much what it would take for anyone to notice

nobody gives a poo poo or even notices when a new truck shows up at their nearest hospital

I think you’re right

constant stream of cheese lung in our Ed and the hospital is full but unless you’re a healthcare worker you wouldn’t know

people around town without masks like nothing is happening

between that and reading this thread….fuckin hell

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Delta should add Michael Savage to its list next, dude was huge in the 2000s. Someones gotta do that reaper shop but just with chuds.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

he's gonna miss bike week.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

etalian posted:

The US bible belt is something else...
lol jesus christ indeed

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

These are clearly targeted assassinations.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
People wont care if the death toll keeps climbing even in their own backyard. It means less rush hour traffic to deal with or public transit thats not as crowded. We generally don't care much about one another anymore.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I gotta get out of Texas. looks like I’m moving to… *throws dart at map*
Upstate New York?????

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

My sis is off to the covid mines (uni) tomorrow so that's a thing. I think there's an orientation week and classes probably start after labor day.

She studied abroad first semester (an odd decision but worked out in her favor), spent a year at her old university hating it, transfered (to the same uni I went to ironically enough) and did like half a semester by commuting for 1.5h+ one way (another decision I found baffling but worked out in her favor since March 2020 poo poo shut down anyway so she saved on dorming costs lol). Then she spent the next I guess year and a quarter doing remote schooling and now she'll finally be back in person for her senior year. She's a bio major who's done like, no lab work or anything so that's great. I wonder who got shafted the most out of college students. Maybe people in their junior year who had to do senior year remote?

We don't communicate so I guess I'll find out she's sick in a week via our parents.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

silicone thrills posted:

It's a very weird way that I have been marking time. It's like COVID has gone on long enough that im a whole different person.

I thought I’d use quarantine to get a jump start on growing out my roots and transitioning to fully gray. The gray is now down to my chin and I’m just about ready to cut off my last brown dye job and rock a 100% gray bob. Gotta admit it has been nice to be able to do this in private without getting loads of judgy comments from other women.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

El Mero Mero posted:

lol a distant family member posted this video to facebook tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgXmO3MiZ_8

RIP but also it’s kinda crazy how good phone cameras are

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Florida and talk show radio host don't mix well

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

death

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

VomitOnLino posted:

What's that? Where do I find it?
I already noticed that my hair looks better when it's very humid and looks like absolute GARBAGE when it's dry out.

Edit Fur/Hair Tax:

its basically this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curly_Girl_Method
A lot of people will say no to using shampoo and using conditioner to both wash and condition but I use shampoo and conditioner as my hair prefers that but make sure that neither have silicones or sulfates in them, that's the important part.

I know it's reddit but https://www.reddit.com/r/curlyhair/ has a load of very useful info

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Clocks posted:

My sis is off to the covid mines (uni) tomorrow so that's a thing. I think there's an orientation week and classes probably start after labor day.

She studied abroad first semester (an odd decision but worked out in her favor), spent a year at her old university hating it, transfered (to the same uni I went to ironically enough) and did like half a semester by commuting for 1.5h+ one way (another decision I found baffling but worked out in her favor since March 2020 poo poo shut down anyway so she saved on dorming costs lol). Then she spent the next I guess year and a quarter doing remote schooling and now she'll finally be back in person for her senior year. She's a bio major who's done like, no lab work or anything so that's great. I wonder who got shafted the most out of college students. Maybe people in their junior year who had to do senior year remote?

We don't communicate so I guess I'll find out she's sick in a week via our parents.

why don’t you communicate

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lmao that illustration is solid av material

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-020-74084-y

huffing nebulized ivermectin cures brain worms!

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Demon Of The Fall posted:

trying real hard not to crack ping here

:crackping:

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Der Meister posted:

why don’t you communicate

idk, e/n

her choice, if I had to guess it stems from our dysfunctional af family featuring an npd mom and a dad who was never part of the childcare equation. we literally live in the same house because I'm a faildaughter. last time we "talked" I said hey to her in the kitchen and she pretended like I didn't exist so I just gave up. one time she didn't talk to me for a whole year+. getting the silent treatment from your own family is kind of hilarious in how petty it is

Truniht
Jan 10, 2019

Shear Modulus posted:

if trump were president he would invoke "P" to manufacture enough horse paste for every man woman and child

knowing how his brain works he would’ve thought horse paste was actually horse paste and would’ve had all the antivaxxers here in Colorado and Wyoming shooting down herds for supply surplus

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Thoguh posted:

That we're neither giving emergency EUA (or hell, just make the Phase 3 trial open to literally anyone that wants to sign up) nor keeping kids remote for the fall is actual murder and it blows my mind how many people are okay with it.

For fucks sake at the very least the government should make it so people that want to protect themselves are able to do so but we don't even get that.
it's one giant death cult
that and the other half is just looking away from the problem and wanting to go back to normal

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

VomitOnLino posted:

Since we're exchanging CRACK/PINGS and other helpful ideas here anyway:

How do you goons deal with your hair?
Mine is so long now I can tie it up into a pony tail which is annoying as gently caress and probably accelerates my male pattern baldness lol.

I'd just use my buzzer to cut it but there's two problems with that:
1) My buzzer is kinda poo poo and gives up half way through - that was fun finding that out in the early days of the pandemic...
2) Even as I eventually managed to complete it manually, I realized that I had a skull shape that makes me look like a cross breed between KZ escapee and potato

let me recommend the bald ponytail

https://twitter.com/stavvybaby/status/1425553408518393860?s=20

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

anime was right posted:

so basically it rips through the entire united states by end of january. OPENERUP
lol we've all said this before but just god drat lol Biden's plan is Trump's original "let it wash over us" plan that got shot down lmaoooooo

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Atrocious Joe posted:

restrictions to prevent the spread of a virus that has killed a million people in the country is tyranny

but shutting down a whole city for days because a few high end stores got looted is cool and something we forget about a year later
if Covid was visible - or better yet, human sized - and had a face of some kind that cops/military/freedom-loving citizens could be authorized shoot, i think the pandemic would have been over by last summer at latest

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

like just let it go man

lmao you are just like the most boeing lookin guy ever in your badge photo.

I kind of wish I still had my badge photo

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

fosborb posted:

wtf we ran that simulation in this thread like a month ago

pay me, cdc, you fucks
yeah this too
if this thread was in charge poo poo would be over by thanksgiving lmao

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I think it's cool that covid has killed more americans than anything else in history and it's also just considered no big deal by anybody in america

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Clocks posted:

idk, e/n

her choice, if I had to guess it stems from our dysfunctional af family featuring an npd mom and a dad who was never part of the childcare equation. we literally live in the same house because I'm a faildaughter. last time we "talked" I said hey to her in the kitchen and she pretended like I didn't exist so I just gave up. one time she didn't talk to me for a whole year+. getting the silent treatment from your own family is kind of hilarious in how petty it is

hey that sucks. sorry

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

:hmmyes:

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Casey Finnigan posted:

I think it's cool that covid has killed more americans than anything else in history and it's also just considered no big deal by anybody in america

lmao get drunk and forget about it, open biden.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

he really is a disgusting pig

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

no, gently caress no dude

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

ben shapino posted:

weed

so much weed

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Pushkin, great Russian novelist, wrote a poem about plague, which unusually for him took place in the exotic locale of England. Somehow, in the 19th century Russian popular imagination, plague and disease were to be associated with the English-speaking world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Feast_in_Time_of_Plague

https://aleksandr-pushkin.su/poemy/pir-vo-vremya-chumy/?lang=en

e. lol that link's auto-translation...

Man Musk fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Aug 29, 2021

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Google Butt posted:

no, gently caress no dude

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

disco elysium aka cspam the game

goat

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Disco Elysium devs did a live stream with the jess scarane campaign crew (me nichael twoday 2dcat, etc) and they were really fuckin cool. Probably my favorite moment from the campaign.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://mobile.twitter.com/peterdaou/status/1431739898873139210

well, let's see:

* the 0 to 15 year age cohort in the US was 18.7% of the US population as of 2019

* that comes out to 62.317 million people

* if we only take 80% of that, to narrow the range to 0 to 12 years (bad napkin math, I know), we get 49.85 million people

* if we take 75% of that, we get 37.39 million infected people

* with a rough estimate of 1 in 12 people getting long COVID, that's 3.11 million people with long COVID

* and with a CFR of 1.70%, that's 635,630 dead

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I managed to make it impossible to proceed in my disco eysium game and then my PS5 deleted my game save with about 5% left. :( The true cspam goon experience.

https://twitter.com/juliette_io/status/1431797770860392448?s=19

She'll be right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

silicone thrills posted:

lmao you are just like the most boeing lookin guy ever in your badge photo.

I kind of wish I still had my badge photo

they made me give it back so I took a pic

then my manager gave me everything from my desk including the Lightspeed aviation comms headset I checked out from FTS.

I texted him and was like "hey I checked this out with my badge they're gonna want it back man"