Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

No poo poo? Good for you!

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

No poo poo? Good for you!

Lol

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Sure it would be interesting to learn what in Texan communities and culture drives ppl to actions like those of the deceased.

hoo boy I can't wait for more navel-gazing chud safaris but instead of Trump voters it's COVID dumbasses

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's because they're assholes.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I had to see this so now y'all have to as well.

https://twitter.com/MananaZoo/status/1432178957672189953

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i'm sorry to admit it but oklahoma is the closest state to texas culturally

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Who the gently caress is the Texas Navy?

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Sanguinia posted:

Who the gently caress is the Texas Navy?

Texas National Guard is the only national guard unit allowed to have it's own navy...and it's own air force. Don't ask why.

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Aug 30, 2021

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Back Hack posted:

Texas National Guard is the national guard unit allowed to have it's own navy...and it's own air force. Don't ask why.

Doesn't it have something to do with Texas's status as a "country" at the time of annexation?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Back Hack posted:

Texas National Guard is the national guard unit allowed to have it's own navy...and it's own air force. Don't ask why.

I thought it was about the people in little boats going around and rescuing people during Harvey

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Yeah, it's a reference to the "Cajun navy" that was a bunch of boat owners from Louisiana coming to Houston to help flood victims.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

i say swears online posted:

Oklahoma and DFW are more culturally similar than DFW and Houston (which is more culturally similar to Louisiana). The city with the most purely Texan culture is San Antonio.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

no lies detected

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Zil posted:

I had to see this so now y'all have to as well.

https://twitter.com/MananaZoo/status/1432178957672189953

I’m texas’ massive dump truck rear end with a 90* angle built in

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

i say swears online posted:

Eh depends on what part of Texas. The Piney Woods region of Texas is very much like north Louisiana. And the parts around Houston where they've allowed the oil refiners to turn it into a hellscape are extremely similar to parts of South Louisiana.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/JeremySWallace/status/1432389245507866626

Lemme go ahead and put to bed the "fueling questions about if he's going to run for president" that's the only thing he wants, he will run for president every cycle until he is dead or in prison.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

zoux posted:

Lemme go ahead and put to bed the "fueling questions about if he's going to run for president" that's the only thing he wants, he will run for president every cycle until he is dead or in prison.

God drat I really hate that man

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

zoux posted:

I can't wait to see him phone banking for Trump again.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/ByEdMcKinley/status/1432395410497277958

Feds are going after states for banning school mask mandates. Why not Texas? Because ours is a big ol fake campaign tactic for Abbott and Paxton

What's funny is that this is probably MORE likely to make OAG try to find a way to enforce mask bans just so they can get in a fight with the feds about it.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

zoux posted:

Ted knows he can't openly declare his '24 candidacy as long as Trump might run again, but you bet your rear end he's gonna be ready to go on the off chance Trump ups and dies after a Big Mac gets lodged in one of his arteries

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

zoux posted:

Bold of you to assume he wouldn't run from prison.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
The PSL did it, why not him?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Zil posted:

I can't wait to see him phone banking for Trump again.

BAHAHAHAHA, yeah, go ahead and run Ted, I'm sure it'll work out great for you.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum

zoux posted:

Can he run for Senate and Pres at the same time? Doesn't he have to pick one for 2024?

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

dalstrs posted:

Can he run for Senate and Pres at the same time? Doesn't he have to pick one for 2024?

No you can't run for both. Even if you might be able to by the rules, you can't possibly as a matter of practicality.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Little Marco did it - but he practically had no primary challengers for the senate seat.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/asherprice/status/1432450187096637454

Both of my parents were alive, though in diapers, when this letter was written, we are just not that far removed from Real Jim Crow poo poo.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Looks like we’re changing the name back to just Memorial Stadium

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Badger of Basra posted:

Looks like we’re changing the name back to just Memorial Stadium

also just disch field. looks like that page misspelled bibb falk's name

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh it's well known about DKR, he used to brag about having the last all-white team to win a natty

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

There's just something about having to type out your racism on a typewriter that I can't get over.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

George H.W. oval office posted:

There's just something about having to type out your racism on a typewriter that I can't get over.

I mean it was, unfortunately, considered normal for the time so it's not particularly noteworthy? Like, I'm pretty sure almost everything was being typed out on typewriters in 1959.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The drat N key keeps wearing out

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

zoux posted:

The drat N key keeps wearing out

The G key sees twice the use though.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I mean it was, unfortunately, considered normal for the time so it's not particularly noteworthy? Like, I'm pretty sure almost everything was being typed out on typewriters in 1959.

I get that. I suppose I'm just comparing it to typing an email in the same vein and it feels different. I'm blasting away my poo poo posts without a care in the world on a computer. If I had to physically type them out? That takes more effort and feels much more substantial.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

I get that. I suppose I'm just comparing it to typing an email in the same vein and it feels different. I'm blasting away my poo poo posts without a care in the world on a computer. If I had to physically type them out? That takes more effort and feels much more substantial.

Say what you will about the past, but they really had to commit to their racism.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

buddy, you should see stone mountain

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

It really isn't that different, the easiest way to make a document in 1959 was a typewriter, the easiest way today is a computer of some sort, in both cases people are simply taking the easiest and most convenient route, the pattern of behavior is the same in both cases.

Though hey, we got rid of a lot of the overt racism, so that's nice.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

imagining a "dear martha" civil war letter in immaculate penmanship but also extremely racist about sports

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

And then the boy had the utter gall to kneel upon the ground, in protestation, when faced with that sweet symbol of fair Dixie, that blood stained banner