Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Joementum posted:

i have no idea what the people in this are supposed to be doing

hearts are important! they allow you to stretch arbitrarily, shrink your head and even be inflated like Violet Beauregarde with a friend. don't allow hearts to crush you, however, or the vile covid wizard will cast a spell on you with his weird stringlike misshapen genitalia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Joementum posted:

The guy in the house appears to be doing some sort of covid spirit bomb?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Joementum posted:

did they hire the woke artist from the app store

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Joementum posted:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

goth smoking cloves posted:

The guy in the house appears to be doing some sort of covid spirit bomb?

he does appear to be throwing covid at people outside the house, which would seem to contradict the message the department of health wants to send here

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

For real though, people who bitch about Pittsburgh being a deathtrap in the winter are people who can't comprehend walking anywhere. Anything besides getting in their car and moving portal to portal is incomprehensible to them.

When it snows I walk down to the T stop and ride the tram to where I need to go. It's fine.

Yea but do you winter bike? Dont think I could do that.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Nonsense posted:

did they hire the woke artist from the app store

it’s the same art on Facebook groups

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Riding the bus in Pitts is, at times, an act of faith.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

SirPablo posted:

Yea but do you winter bike? Dont think I could do that.

I don't winter bike but that's because the bike lanes / paths aren't plowed and i'm not going to risk my life riding on streets.

Apr 7, 2003

nomad2020 posted:

Riding the bus in Pitts is, at times, an act of faith.

Prior to the pandemic I travelled almost exclusively via Pittsburgh public transit. It's fine.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Lastgirl posted:

mother covid, thank you for destroying the patriarchy :worship:

https://twitter.com/oni_blackstock/status/1431957396704870404

Whenever I do gi bleed scans on males there is always a lot of cock activity and it seems disproportionate. Like, it's got more blood than the aorta. Gi bleed scans use red blood cells tagged with a radioisotope, so it's a lot of rbc pooling in the peen.

Covid is a vascular disease.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

brilliant

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Lastgirl posted:

mother covid, thank you for destroying the patriarchy :worship:

https://twitter.com/oni_blackstock/status/1431957396704870404

Is that a rubber on a banana?

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

lol

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

gradenko_2000 posted:

Here's some more ocular protection information:

thanks for these

genericnick posted:

If you're not up to go full face, I find cycling glasses are a good compromise. They should block ballistic droplets just fine and as far as I know aerosols aren't really a concern here.

yeah i mean i guess i'm wondering — if i'm wearing a half-face p100, but no eye protection, how much upgrade is it "really" over a fit-tested N95? i looked into buying a full face shield but it was not in the budget and felt like wouldn't be necessary unless i was doing something insanely high risk, like flying, which i could also just not do

i wear contacts, not glasses, but almost always wear oversized aviators and could move them inside and look very cool, i suppose. i do have glasses but they're very narrow anyway. on the other hand, i'm not in a health care setting, and everyplace i go indoors (in my state now and at my office indefinitely) is universal masking, so i don't think there's big hocking coughing droplets anywhere, it's whatever the aerosolized risk that escapes a mask and finds its way to my eyes, i guess?

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
disproportionate cock activity

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CoV19 raining on the Suck and gently caress "return to the new" normal

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Petey posted:

thanks for these

yeah i mean i guess i'm wondering — if i'm wearing a half-face p100, but no eye protection, how much upgrade is it "really" over a fit-tested N95? i looked into buying a full face shield but it was not in the budget and felt like wouldn't be necessary unless i was doing something insanely high risk, like flying, which i could also just not do

i wear contacts, not glasses, but almost always wear oversized aviators and could move them inside and look very cool, i suppose. i do have glasses but they're very narrow anyway. on the other hand, i'm not in a health care setting, and everyplace i go indoors (in my state now and at my office indefinitely) is universal masking, so i don't think there's big hocking coughing droplets anywhere, it's whatever the aerosolized risk that escapes a mask and finds its way to my eyes, i guess?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089DBY8KS/
I had that since the start of the pandemic. I assume that's safe? I had goggles I wore with KN95s but it wont fit over any of my respirators.

I'd love a full-face, but goddamn they're much more expensive than the half-face respirators.

EDIT: Assuming I and/or my friends and family are not dead by then, kind of planning to ask some friends to pool their planned gifts and get me a full face, though, come my birthday in October or the Holidays.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/googleymoogley/status/1431794575845339137

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

kalensc posted:

I'm gonna follow-up on someone else who suggested a good clean-up, especially if there's any way to do the cleaning itself without them being immediately aware.

I know lockdowns in other parts of the world can be quite literal and so maybe she can't venture to a park or something, so if that's the case then maybe something like:

- thorough cleaning of the washroom, especially the tub, shower liner (if applicable), walls, etc;

- some pleasant but not overpowering scented candles, and some bath oils or other stuff she could choose to add to the water;

- some accessories for stimulation, say a book if she's a reader, or a soothing playlist if she's into mindfulness and meditation, or a stable surface she could rest some treats on (chocolate, sliced fruits, glass of bubbly)

- once that's all prepped and she begins the mini-spa-cation, you can tackle the kitchen or whichever room would benefit the most from some elbow grease to make it sparkle and shine

It ends up giving some relaxation and distraction, while also providing a tangible improvement in your quality of life (for a little bit at least).

Yo cleaning the entire bathroom(s) including the floors, walls, the caulking, washing the shower curtain etc are all good to do, regularly but definitely for her birthday. Make sure all the dishes are clean and stuff too. (She might not be into "acts of service" but I don't know anyone who wouldn't appreciate that stuff.) Also seconding the goon who said to give her a backrub. Like, a longass one without any ulterior expectations.

On top of the purse she wants, plus get her a nice cake from somewhere if she's into sweets. Or whatever dessert she likes. (We also do champagne, balloons, and a card, so if she's into birthdays then go for those as well.) You can order a nice dinner or something as well. Alternatively I've literally gotten McDonalds on my birthday before and that was dope, too, whatever floats your boats.

Also, not that this is a good thing to spring a surprise on someone, so this is something to talk about, but are either of you interested in any pets but don't have any? (Man I would've killed for a cat for or around my birthday this month, but it's not practical at the moment. :( )

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Karenus devouring her son

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Apparently cleaning companies aren't allowed to work in the Melbourne lockdown and someone's rear end exploded in the women's bathroom at my "essential" work and now my female coworkers are all going to a toilet several floors down in the stairwell instead.

We're a month in to our sixth lockdown with no end in sight.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Apparently cleaning companies aren't allowed to work in the Melbourne lockdown and someone's rear end exploded in the women's bathroom at my "essential" work and now my female coworkers are all going to a toilet several floors down in the stairwell instead.

so ry about that

Apr 7, 2003

Sounds untenable. Open biden

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Oh and thanks for all the birthday ideas. Did not expect so many replies. Her friend is now helping me, but apparently the bag she wanted is four figures and also out of stock. gently caress.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
https://twitter.com/GetGianni/status/1432111963870486539

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

https://twitter.com/travisakers/status/1431742397965275136

Freddie Mercury got some of the most incredible partying the world has ever seen done before his death, and his death would have been easily prevented by a government that gave a poo poo about gay people.

This guy died because he was mad at being told what to do, and the government gave him everything he needed to get through it.

lol

loving owned.

its amazing how many of these prominent anti-mask/vaxx freedom fighters are dying of covid. First he radio host from Florida cant remember his name, then Phil Valentine, and now this chud. Are there anymore?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Delta is doing the heavy lifting cleansing the chuds, sucks the innocent people caught in the maelstrom

Apr 7, 2003

Gresh posted:

loving owned.

its amazing how many of these prominent anti-mask/vaxx freedom fighters are dying of covid. First he radio host from Florida cant remember his name, then Phil Valentine, and now this chud. Are there anymore?

Marc Bernier croaked today lmaoooo

gregday
May 23, 2003

Gresh posted:

loving owned.

yeah like 20

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Marc Bernier croaked today lmaoooo

https://twitter.com/RoscoAmerican/status/1431873315493191682?s=20

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Oh and thanks for all the birthday ideas. Did not expect so many replies. Her friend is now helping me, but apparently the bag she wanted is four figures and also out of stock. gently caress.

Wait, what

Partway through a pandemic, living in a country with proper lockdowns, and she desires a $1000+ purse or satchel?

Gotta admit, I'm perplexed!

Apr 7, 2003

They want to die. Give them what they want. Throw a party celebrating their passing from this world.

Apr 7, 2003

A small price to pay to see this bitch die. goodbye.

Apr 7, 2003

Squizzle gave me a month's probe in April 2020 for making fun of a covid-huffing dead chud and now they're lining up and stuffing their heads into the oven while we scream "MORE, MORE, MORE"

What a difference a little time makes.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Squizzle gave me a month's probe in April 2020 for making fun of a covid-huffing dead chud and now they're lining up and stuffing their heads into the oven while we scream "MORE, MORE, MORE"

What a difference a little time makes.

[who must go? assad must go?]

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

AWWNAW posted:

My mom got vaccinated in late may and died last Monday after about 5 days of what sounded like mostly fever and fatigue. She had a negative rapid test and was waiting on results of a better test

I'm very sorry.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

It's also hard to feel bad when a ancient conservative radio hosts kicks the bucket since they help people to justify the "toddler like" rebellion people on that spectrum seem to enjoy.

I will take horse paste which has no effectiveness against COV19 instead of "Experiment vaccines"!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/GenWmTSherman/status/1432112374555807745?s=20