Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Sometimes I think about some of the cool nuc med stuff they do in Europe that the FDA refuses to approve for *reasons*. Also how the USP has been loving up nuc med demanding all the immediate use bedside compounding we do be treated as real compounding in a clean room.

NRC never loving cared about how we prepared our drugs you loving nerds :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Man it's insane the self-harm these people are inflicting on themselves, meanwhile 600,000+ vaccine doses expired in Georgia this month.

Irredeemable death-cultists

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
oh apparently tennessee forgot to report 5000 hospitalizations: https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/health/2021/08/31/tennessee-underreported-covid-19-hospitalizations-5100/5670622001/

quote:

The coronavirus hospitalized about 5,100 more Tennesseans than previously reported over the past 14 months — an increase of more than 20% over prior totals — according to newly backfilled data from the state department of health.

Hospitalizations were underreported by anywhere from one patient to dozens on nearly every day since the start of last summer, according to the new data. The largest share of the unreported hospitalizations occurred during the winter surge.

it's fine though, i'm sure they fixed everything and there is no reason to believe hospitalizations are currently being underreported

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

*alice in chains voice*
I’mmmm the horse on the box
Please don’t take
My paste

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Asproigerosis posted:

Sometimes I think about some of the cool nuc med stuff they do in Europe that the FDA refuses to approve for *reasons*. Also how the USP has been loving up nuc med demanding all the immediate use bedside compounding we do be treated as real compounding in a clean room.

NRC never loving cared about how we prepared our drugs you loving nerds :colbert:

had a client get shut down because the FDA mysteriously decided to change I131 halflife from NRC 8.0192 to 8.025 for "reasons" and so all of your calculations are unacceptably off sorry

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Massive dumps of absentee covid, stolen hospitalization! Stop the vent!

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans
For a second time this month, there's an anti-vax rally outside my hospital

this is great for morale and we all feel very safe

:(

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
hawaii considering a stay at home order over labor day weekend: https://www.khon2.com/wake-up-2day/lt-gov-green-proposes-72-hour-stay-at-home-order-over-labor-day-weekend/

quote:

HONOLULU (KHON2) – Hospitals continue to be overwhelmed while the State continues to deal with elevated COVID cases.

Lieutenant Gov. Josh joined Wake Up 2day to discuss a 72-hour stay-at-home order over Labor Day weekend that he’ll propose to Governor Ige.

the whole drat nation needs one lol

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

goth smoking cloves posted:

Reminder: The FDA can be pretty loving stupid sometimes, like banning all non-canola varieties of rapeseed oil because they ran a study on mice and found that they developed heart problems when they got 70% of their daily calories from said oil.

they were worried about goon diets, and correctly so

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
before the pandemic, i bought tickets to see alanis. then whoopsie doodle, pandemic, and the show was rescheduled to a few days from now. im not going so i transferred my ticket to my friend who is still going.

she’s a nurse. lmao.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

mod sassinator posted:

i think we'd hear rumors and such about any major side effects that haven't been seen in adults. they've already gone through phase 1 and 2 trials with kids and the current phase 3 trials are pretty big and have been going on for some months. it's not like folks in them are sworn to some kind of secrecy. if there is a problem it's probably something like folks have mentioned with a higher than expected incidence of myocarditas for example (no idea if this is a real thing for the kids vaccines, just an example)

yeah I get the feeling this is more governmental agency leaders being all :qq: "this is my turf how dare you!" :qq: than any meaningful issue with the vaccine.

basically they were taking their sweet rear end time to collect data and study whether boosters were needed and were just aghast that they got bypassed when the evidence from Israel unequivocally says that 3rd doses are required.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

the FDA is horrendously susceptible to regulatory capture

it does bad things to make people money

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Schnorkles posted:

had a client get shut down because the FDA mysteriously decided to change I131 halflife from NRC 8.0192 to 8.025 for "reasons" and so all of your calculations are unacceptably off sorry

Lol what? Like in what capacity? The only reason I can think of the half life mattering for regs is for storage, of which it's entirely under the NRC and FDA has nothing to do with it.

Is it for dosing? It's been a while since I've really had to do any thinking with nuc med, but I just flat out do not remember the FDA being involved in any capacity.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Asproigerosis posted:

Lol what? Like in what capacity? The only reason I can think of the half life mattering for regs is for storage, of which it's entirely under the NRC and FDA has nothing to do with it.

Is it for dosing? It's been a while since I've really had to do any thinking with nuc med, but I just flat out do not remember the FDA being involved in any capacity.

yeah, it was on capsule dosing.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

durrneez posted:

before the pandemic, i bought tickets to see alanis. then whoopsie doodle, pandemic, and the show was rescheduled to a few days from now. im not going so i transferred my ticket to my friend who is still going.

she’s a nurse. lmao.

isn't that ironic?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

I131 preferentially seeks thyroidal cancers, so you can get a ~75mCi capsule dose that slowly murders you in a wonderful fruity gel form

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

durrneez posted:

she’s a nurse. lmao.

isn't it ironic?

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

durrneez posted:

im not going so i transferred my ticket to my friend who is still going.

she’s a nurse. lmao.

told my wife that I don’t judge anyone who works retail or in a hospital or whatever for not giving a gently caress. when you’re exposed all day every day who the gently caress cares if you go to a concert

I’m exceptionally blessed in that I make a lot of money computer janitoring from home and we can afford to not get covid

but not everyone is that lucky and they are right to do whatever they want

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

i have never heard a CSO swear so much on a conference call as that guy did on the phone when the FDA said "It's 8.025 sorry"

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I was trying to remember if I ever felt optimistic about covid in 2021 and then I remembered that they killed masks like 2 days before my second vax shot so, lol, nope. My most reckless period was like 1 week where I felt okay just wearing a surgical mask before I switched to n95s everywhere.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Vapin' Delta-8 to avoid Delta

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

That capsule may be 74.2 mCi instead of 75.03 and that's just outside the 1% tolerance sorry

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

mod sassinator posted:

hawaii considering a stay at home order over labor day weekend: https://www.khon2.com/wake-up-2day/lt-gov-green-proposes-72-hour-stay-at-home-order-over-labor-day-weekend/

the whole drat nation needs one lol

why? even if people stayed home covid would break out again a couple days after the order was lifted.

it really is for the best that covid runs rampant and cleanses huge portions of the population, especially non-vaxxers non-maskers and large group socializers

protect yourself. quit your job if they make you return to an unsafe workplace. avoid leaving your bedroom at all costs.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

god its all coming back to me

you have to validate DRC curves with nuc med ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
paywalled and can't read, but the headline is enough:

Seattle Children’s confirms its first patient death from COVID

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Schnorkles posted:

god its all coming back to me

you have to validate DRC curves with nuc med ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Democratic Republic of Congo?

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Ammanas posted:

why? even if people stayed home covid would break out again a couple days after the order was lifted.

it really is for the best that covid runs rampant and cleanses huge portions of the population, especially non-vaxxers non-maskers and large group socializers

protect yourself. quit your job if they make you return to an unsafe workplace. avoid leaving your bedroom at all costs.

lmao. i'm going to eat horse paste instead

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Spergin Morlock posted:

Democratic Republic of Congo?

dose response

typically they're around to measure activity in response to particular compounds

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Nonsense posted:

Vapin' Delta-8 to avoid Delta

vaping a ton of cbd might work

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

My vaxxed aunt died last week and my vaxxed Grandfather in law died today so, uh, thanks NDG. Glad for the minimization.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

king county today. posting because school started today. mask mandate and 70+% vaxxed was enough to level off delta.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Lovelyn posted:

For a second time this month, there's an anti-vax rally outside my hospital

this is great for morale and we all feel very safe

That really suck.

What would suck even more is when you'll be taking care of those in a week or so personally.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Schnorkles posted:

dose response

typically they're around to measure activity in response to particular compounds

i've got a dose of something you can respond to, plane man :grin:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

i am a plane you piece of poo poo

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

gently caress now the plane and gorilla are fighting in the horse paste thread

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

in the article

“As of Tuesday, the seven-day case rate for children between 4 and 10 years old hit 15.3 per 100,000, according to the state Department of Health’s coronavirus dashboard. For children ages 11 to 13, the seven-day case rate was 7.2.

Infections among Washingtonians between ages 4 and 19 — DOH identifies them as “K-12 schooling age groups” — steadily declined between May and July of this year, but the number of cases started increasing again near the end of July, reaching a peak in mid-August.”

15.3 per 100,000 is about half the king county general pop spread (that’s like 28 -29 per 100,000)

Bar Ran Dun fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Sep 1, 2021

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

HiHo ChiRho posted:

gently caress now the plane and gorilla are fighting in the horse paste thread

king kong versus boeing with mr. ed calling the play by play

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Bar Ran Dun posted:

king county today. posting because school started today. mask mandate and 70+% vaxxed was enough to level off delta.

the zen master replied "wait two weeks"

Pulvis Sumus
Jul 27, 2011
My uwavering forever war mentality with regard to COVID provides an impenetrable defense against the legion of plague cultists outside my window rhythmically chanting "APPLEBEE'S SUCK AND gently caress!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat

Schnorkles posted:

Looking at the table of nuclides, 8.025 looks correct and I couldn't find anywhere anyone claimed it was 8.019, so I think the reason is that that's the half life

e: I saw an old NRC reg guide from '96 that gave the half life as 8.04, so I think it's just that people have been narrowing in on the answer better

Istvun fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Sep 1, 2021