Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Pulcinella posted:

Sooooooo what’s the status of vaccine approval for the under 12 kids? Otherwise me and the relatives will have to try a “3 kids in a trenchcoat” approach for ours.

The former FDA guy from the Pfizer board says no application submitted until late October for 5-11 y/o so maybe end of year or early next year, but it has been continually sliding.

Petey can chime in cuz he brought it up before, or someone else who listens to TWIV, but it sounds like maybe some doctors are giving Pfizer to kids near 12 years old because it is fully approved and they can do that.

I think in this thread we assume that there is probably some risk of heightened myocarditis for other side effect that is causing a delay. It could as just be neoliberal scientists needing a fuckton of data. Who knows, talk to ur doc.

E: beaten, but first post snype. Check out the last one for a few other complimentary posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

mod sassinator posted:

talk to your pediatrician or doctor first to see if they will off label prescribe

but yeah, the heads of the FDA in charge of making that approval were just unceremoniously ousted yesterday: https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/31/health/fda-vaccine-officials-step-down/index.html

there is a lot of chaos and drama going on behind the scenes between the CDC and FDA. as far as we know they're still saying early winter likely availability for them. let's hope that date gets pushed up a lot sooner!

our kids’ pediatricians refused following AAP guidelines

I called several pharmacies myself and pharmacists refused to honor my rx

I dropped it and enveloped myself in weed and alcohol

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Schmeichy posted:

Nobody in the pubic school system is getting paid enough to put up with any of this poo poo. Everyone there is working because they foolishly think it will make a difference or they have no other options

"Why should school bus drivers be getting $20/hr when EMTs only make $15??"

Shifty Pony posted:

education is one of the fields in which capitalists have weaponized benevolence to keep wages artificially low.

nursing is another.

Any job that you 'do what you love' is like this. See also: the video game industry. You don't deserve to get paid for your 'labor of love' because the enjoyment you get out of the job should be payment enough.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
My work officially said 'no work from home' today.

:tif:

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Mewtwo going to kill us all.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Zurtilik posted:

work from home anyways

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Zurtilik posted:

:rip:

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Lastgirl posted:

work from home anyways

They can fire you, but they won’t be able to literally kill you.

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

Covid only has to be lucky once.

you are my sunshine

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

We deserve covid lol. It's showing how useless we as a people are in our ability to address ANY of our fundamental problems.

KO'ed by a near invisible ball covered in spiky dongs

:rip:

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

They can fire you, but they won’t be able to literally kill you.

:hmmyes:

Dying from work is my least favorite

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Zurtilik posted:

If you don't go back to the office how can you get infected with Covid? The faster you succumb the faster this will be over. Do it for the greater good!

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

kalensc posted:

My avatar sucks, gently caress you unknown person who bought it for me like 8 years ago

I need to learn photo edits so I can have a rad moogle or a stylized cat wearing an elastomeric

KUPO!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Lastgirl posted:

work from home anyways

:hmmyes:

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Thanks for the responses y’all.

mod sassinator posted:

talk to your pediatrician or doctor first to see if they will off label prescribe

but yeah, the heads of the FDA in charge of making that approval were just unceremoniously ousted yesterday: https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/31/health/fda-vaccine-officials-step-down/index.html

there is a lot of chaos and drama going on behind the scenes between the CDC and FDA. as far as we know they're still saying early winter likely availability for them. let's hope that date gets pushed up a lot sooner!

Absolutely incredibly! Wow! lmao!

Also, lol that the press release about the “retirements” is basically just “:pseudo: Wow we didn’t realize so many people would be interested in their retirements. You must really want to congratulate them on their years of service!:pseudo:

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

We are having a nationwide Covid pox party, if you don't :getin: right this instant you are an un-American freedom hating piece of trash that needs therapy

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

synapse posted:

https://twitter.com/MartinKulldorff/status/1430660291579105284
good news for those of us who were interested in getting covid to protect ourselves against getting covid

No covid deaths in either group

Except for all the people in the "natural immunity" group who ate poo poo and died ugly on round 1 with the virus, ofc. But they don't count.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/VincentRK/status/1432690732830269441

Seems like putting 12% of your population be unable to work would be a problem

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

gradenko_2000 posted:

No you see it's the lazy people who got too much assistance that are ruining the labor market

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

https://twitter.com/jason_koebler/status/1433127055047241732

The dearth of leadership or any real response to covid has led to everyone just choosing their own adventure around the virus based on their own personal pet peeves.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Pryor on Fire posted:

The dearth of leadership or any real response to covid has led to everyone just choosing their own adventure around the virus based on their own personal pet peeves.

Participating in this country and economy loving sucks

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
It's a big crack ping day for me today as I increasingly accept that my best hope is that the adults close to me will be allowed to get a booster before we all inevitably get COVID no matter what we try to do and for the kids just gotta hope for the best as far as them not getting permeant damage because there is no way to protect them long term without totally withdrawing from the world.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

The depression is probably not helped by the fact you've gone through as hellish an ordeal a human can somewhat recover from then watch your society expose everyone to that danger willingly while saying it's good actually

Oh wait this is Chinese data. :crackping: There is no hope for us lmfao

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Floor is lava posted:

my county is completely hosed

31% positivity rate jfc

I'm stupid, what reporting site is this?

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

I'm stupid, what reporting site is this?

Indiana's own COVID dashboard, counties get updated on Wednesdays so all the broke brains here gravitate to it to put a number on how hosed they are

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Pryor on Fire posted:

Greaser salad ceo, the dumbest reality

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

wow CracklPing really needs to be removed from Twitter for damaging people's mentalhealth

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Nocturtle posted:

fosborb posted:

lol we've thrown out 10 million doses

Is this true?! I've been on the wall on doing the 3rd shot cheat run but if they're just getting flushed anyway I'll do it. What a criminal waste.

hey Nocturtle, it took me a month to find the source but yeah its true

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Thoguh posted:

It's a big crack ping day for me today as I increasingly accept that my best hope is that the adults close to me will be allowed to get a booster before we all inevitably get COVID no matter what we try to do and for the kids just gotta hope for the best as far as them not getting permeant damage because there is no way to protect them long term without totally withdrawing from the world.

People keep trying to conflate "it's going to become endemic" with "modify your hazard-avoidance strategies right now when it is not anywhere close to being endemic." When COVID is a nasty seasonal virus that you get a booster vaccine for every fall, if it ever actually subsides to that level, then yeah you will need to take some risks. Right now? In the middle of the Delta wave? gently caress that noise. People are looking at a year or two years down the line that the virus is not going to go away and then trying to use that to rationalize taking insane risks in the short term.

Like yeah, car crashes exist and yet you still drive a car, right? But do you drive a car into an active pileup?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1433121421329379333

covid or a bullet, your choice

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

The Oldest Man posted:

Like yeah, car crashes exist and yet you still drive a car, right? But do you drive a car into an active pileup?

depends on my mood

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

fosborb posted:

hey Nocturtle, it took me a month to find the source but yeah its true

NOO YOU CANT JUST GET A BOOSTER DOSE, DESERVING SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS IN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES NEED THOSE NOOOOOOOO

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

goth smoking cloves posted:

Greaser salad ceo, the dumbest reality

what till you see the kind of chopper he rides around on. it'll dice garlic like nothing else!

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

The Oldest Man posted:

No covid deaths in either group

Except for all the people in the "natural immunity" group who ate poo poo and died ugly on round 1 with the virus, ofc. But they don't count.

yeah that's exactly how these numbers are juiced lol

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

(virus laden) plumes o plomo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Hey open those schools up!

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1433121421329379333?s=20

whoops