Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 361 days!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

remember when de joy turbo hosed the USPS almost costing biden the election and in turn biden did nothing about it to the point that De Joy is still leading the USPS today September the 2nd 2021 lmao
The dems can't do anything about it, they've been spooked into inaction since... (checks notes) Reagan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

selec posted:

shouting “go home, you’re obviously sick and not all of us are YET.” has proven surprisingly effective. stay in your cube, don’t bother making a scene, just holler from your workstation. make it uncomfortable.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Idiot Kicker posted:

Somebody in this office is coughing non-stop and they need to loving go home

but, I'm not a manager

lol just say you're the manager who loving cares anymore

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

every time I see this guy's tweets I think "Smashing Blumpkins".

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Lol idgaf about work anymore and it's going better than ever. It's true. poo poo has changed so much and no one cares anymore.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

I guess they're the only one who do an essential job that people don't automatically consider to be subhuman

gee whiz we can't find any school bus drivers. good thing the job is not only hazardous and pays poorly, we've also created a culture where anybody who does this job is considered a pathetic burnout loser!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Good.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

I look back and think about the accusations of bloodthirstiness, doomerism, nihilism, violent fantasies, etc. that were directed towards the people who were advising caution and that we try to really defeat COVID-19. It was all projection, wasn't it? I never could connect why wanting people to be free from COVID translated to being a baby eater, but the connection is that there is no connection and just projection.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 361 days!

Casey Finnigan posted:

Is there an essential job that actually gets respect in America? People hate and disdain teachers, nurses, bus drivers, janitors, line cooks, fast food workers, mailpeople, basically everyone that isn't a manager.
People always respect firemen, if it's warranted or not

also any doctors that give you the scrips you want

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Sunny Side Up posted:

i am being told the data is showing delta has peaked and the curve is flattening. my only response is that the data is hosed. testing is way different than previous. many many vaxxed asymptomatic superspreaders + schools reopening. let alone to discuss how the way things are reported it will always look like we're "turning a corner"

it's so reassuring to look at a graph the slope of which is rounding out.

It's rounding out by reporting incomplete totals and manipulating reporting standards using Florida's model of fuckery.

Of course, all this just buys brief news soundbites because covid doesn't give a poo poo. It just keeps rolling. ICU numbers are the last reasonable metric left to watch the collapse in real time.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Puerto Rico’s USPS is like months backlogged on sorting and their main facility in San Juan had to be temporarily closed a month ago because structural damage from Maria got bad enough to make the floor literally unstable.

also there’s no one working because the pay is poo poo and everyone is hosed from covid

the pay didn’t used to be poo poo, they hosed it all up in the 2008 or 2012 contract (thanks obama) so all the different jobs have an extra lower level title that does the same work and gets paid less with worse benefits. if that isn’t enough once they get converted to the regular full time position their pay scale goes up slower and takes way longer. the bonus effect is that this makes the newer employees less inclined to stay in the union.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

bedpan posted:

I look back and think about the accusations of bloodthirstiness, doomerism, nihilism, violent fantasies, etc. that were directed towards the people who were advising caution and that we try to really defeat COVID-19. It was all projection, wasn't it? I never could connect why wanting people to be free from COVID translated to being a baby eater, but the connection is that there is no connection and just projection.

projection coupled with an intense sense of denial that people’s comfy lives were being disturbed, which they’ve never experienced, yeah

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Whoolighams posted:

It rules getting forced into overtime every day and ordered in on my off days

Rules even more that some carriers have been on leave for most of this year due to refusing to mask our get vaccinated

Rules the most that like ten people in the whole station wear masks even though it's re-mandated

Respirator guide and protect me

yeah that sucks. i have a clerk job where they luckily haven't been able to force me in for anything, but I'm probably bidding out to a plant job soon because i hate myself

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

We watched in real time while people jumped right into reprogramming their brains into believing that children are islands of immunity and that an airborne virus respects 3ft squares laid out on the ground with tape. How does any absurd nihilism top this?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Hail Satan?

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Premature posticilation

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Stevie Lee posted:

i can tell you from the inside that this winter will be a fuckin disaster while management is pretending everything is fine lmao

almost every office in our district is shortstaffed. they had like 6 job fairs last month and hired a total of one (1) carrier hahahaha

my new job is at a student record management software company, and they’re about to send me a t-shirt with their internal marketing slogan “best fall ever” on it

i’m halfway stuck between saying “you better not send me one of those” and just outright quitting, because fuuuuuuuuuck the entire education industry right now

but i need the paycheck :smith:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

bedpan posted:

It's always projection

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Yes

drat

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

skewetoo posted:

Premature posticilation

:flaccid:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Hail Satan!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
:firstpost:

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

they played the MN state fair a few days ago and the local paper hailed them for overcoming the adversity of one brother having covid.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

I mean part of the kids thing is also just avoidance. Like I’m not saying it’s good, but I remember back in March of last year having conversations with people with fear in their eyes and them saying “well at least the data from China says it isn’t killing the babies”

And basically clung to that since for either mental or straight survival (having to put kids on care to work) reasons

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

dxt posted:

they played the MN state fair a few days ago and the local paper hailed them for overcoming the adversity of one brother having covid.

why is Michael McDonald trying to kill himself

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Dewgy posted:

my new job is at a student record management software company, and they’re about to send me a t-shirt with their internal marketing slogan “best fall ever” on it

i’m halfway stuck between saying “you better not send me one of those” and just outright quitting, because fuuuuuuuuuck the entire education industry right now

post office is hiring if you want to sacrifice yourself to deliver amazon basics dildos 65 hours per week

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Crazyweasel posted:

I mean part of the kids thing is also just avoidance. Like I’m not saying it’s good, but I remember back in March of last year having conversations with people with fear in their eyes and saying “well at least the data from China says it isn’t killing the babies”

And basically clung to that since for either mental or straight survival (having to put kids on care to work) reasons

This entire country is operating on several extremely false premises:
A> Kids can't get or spread covid, and aren't affected by it
B> The vaccine makes you immune to covid
C> Covid respects mealtime and takes a time-out while you're eating

If we acknowledge that any of these things are untrue, the entire pantomime falls apart.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I received the respirators I ordered a couple weeks ago. The medium fits my husband's face and the large fits mine. I'm super self-conscious about how ostentatious it is. I pussied out and went to work today with a cloth mask with a disposable n95 insert.

My work is really cracking down on telework requests, but two of my colleagues got their full-time telework approved so I'm making my shot at doing the same. If it gets denied, I guess I'll feel more justified in coming in wearing a sign of the end times on my face.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist
no one at my office wears masks anymore even though at least 30% are unvaccinated by self reported numbers and the policy is unvaccinated = masked. the thing that most incenses me is being patronized as though i'm a child or a fool. really eats me up.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

100 degrees Calcium posted:

I received the respirators I ordered a couple weeks ago. The medium fits my husband's face and the large fits mine. I'm super self-conscious about how ostentatious it is. I pussied out and went to work today with a cloth mask with a disposable n95 insert.

My work is really cracking down on telework requests, but two of my colleagues got their full-time telework approved so I'm making my shot at doing the same. If it gets denied, I guess I'll feel more justified in coming in wearing a sign of the end times on my face.

start wearing it on grocery trips then, you’ll get used to it pretty quickly

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

ram dass in hell fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Sep 5, 2021

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Stevie Lee posted:

post office is hiring if you want to sacrifice yourself to deliver amazon basics dildos 65 hours per week

my post lady just crams "CAN'T DELIVER, COME GET IT AT THE POST OFFICE" pink slips in my box because she's too lovely to come chuck a box at my sidewalk. she does it to everybody. the lady who runs the inside of the post office always asks me how many dingdongs I've got to pick up today.

maskless.

because they all are these days.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

my post lady just crams "CAN'T DELIVER, COME GET IT AT THE POST OFFICE" pink slips in my box because she's too lovely to come chuck a box at my sidewalk. she does it to everybody. the lady who runs the inside of the post office always asks me how many dingdongs I've got to pick up today.

maskless.

because they all are these days.

The post office has a master key for my apartment, so they just open the front door and chuck it at the stairwell :shrug:

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Saw my cardiologist today for a routine check-up and asked if he had COVID advice.

"Don't get COVID. Oh, and get a booster."

Given the administration still seems stuck on their 8 months timeline, I guess I'll be max titersing when my 6 months is up in October.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Stevie Lee posted:

it’s slightly tempting, not gonna lie

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Dewgy posted:

I’m in higher ed and our software vendors are constantly pummeling us with emails and merch that say “better together!” and “together again!” Like why do they even care, we have to use their software regardless of if we Open Biden or lock down.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

covid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

meet girls at the store posted:

I’m in higher ed and our software vendors are constantly pummeling us with emails and merch that say “better together!” and “together again!” Like why do they even care, we have to use their software regardless of if we Open Biden or lock down.

Business has been marketing with "the economy is opening" for 14 months now and they don't know anything else anymore