Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

i do my part and report every blue checkmark post for covid misinformation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhHR1xmRtno

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
hi

drat IT I DIDNT REFRESH

anyway i got my third jab

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
My doctor says I'm immunocompromised now. I'm gonna get a respirator so I can be cool like all of you.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

tenderjerk posted:

The dems can't do anything about it, they've been spooked into inaction since... (checks notes) Reagan

this misses that all of the Dems involved in usps support dejoy. they all want the post office running slower.

this article is from the perspective of the leeches on further streamlining. https://www.rstreet.org/2020/04/23/the-postal-services-untapped-real-estate-fortune/

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

skewetoo posted:

Hail Kissinger

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

coastal elites look down on people taking ivermectin but in new york i hear lots of people are taking drench

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo
85k people are here for a sold out opener (up) football game. I took the day off from the COVID mines. Told my boss I was making GBS threads a lot. He said his kid is super sick and they're all making GBS threads a lot since they're mainlining IVM. Another person has COVID in the office. They're in but it's cool, they have their door closed.

gently caress all these people.
I'm picking up tacos, sleeping in and getting high.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Has anyone gotten a booster (3rd shot) at Walgreens by claiming to be immunocompromised? I got my first two there and would really love to add the dose to my card. Do they require any documentation?

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

*Maderna

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Has anyone gotten a booster (3rd shot) at Walgreens by claiming to be immunocompromised? I got my first two there and would really love to add the dose to my card. Do they require any documentation?

They require no documentation whatsoever. They don't even ask why you are immunocompromised.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

If you're in Western PA / Eastern OH / West Virginia, Giant Eagle doesn't give a gently caress either. My wife got her third shot there and they didn't ask for any sort of documentation.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Also people completely ignore asymptomatic spread despite asymptomatic spread causing the majority of cases.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2774707

There is zero evolutionary pressure on covid-19 to become less lethal because the disease does it's transmission before you ever get sick.

Yeah "endemic acute AND chronic disease that fucks with a governmentally-paralyzed humanity in perpetuity unchecked " was never a victory condition in Plague, Inc., but from the viral perspective, yeah, it won.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
I'm 20 pages behind but there's quite a few posters who have showed up recently asking about respirators

I have two 3M models, one with and one without speech diaphragm (HF-802 and 7502 respectively). If it would help I could take a short video of me putting them on and talking, for contrast and comparison.

Maybe that mask review guy has done similar things already. I've only come across mask reviews myself but didn't dig too deep.

Quote this I guess, or PM me, if you'd find that sort of thing useful in making a decision.

Up front I'll say both are very comfortable (medium size), with the Secure-Click being slightly bulkier due to the longer/wider filters. I intend to use both since the "simpler model) has a cloth mask wrapped around the exhalation filter (just in case it becomes a point of contention at a pharmacy etc).

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

bedpan posted:

They require no documentation whatsoever. They don't even ask why you are immunocompromised.

Great, I'm getting a loving booster.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

inferis posted:

start wearing it on grocery trips then, you’ll get used to it pretty quickly

This is my exact plan. I know I'm exhibiting an outdated mindset but I'm still scared of sticking out at work. Hopefully I'll just get the telework agreement approved and it'll be moot, but otherwise I'm going to need to develop some fortitude on this. I already talked to my husband and I have his blessing if my insistence on wearing a respirator turns into an ultimatum at work. He will not condemn me if I stand my ground until they fire me. That really helps a lot.

Last night was not good. After my in-thread freakout, I had the plan of going home and relaxing but instead I had a nervous breakdown to the point where my husband actually called a friend to hold an impromptu intervention. I wasn't going to kill myself but I guess I was sending the vibes and I have to admit I was thinking about it. Talking to my husband and my friend helped though, they reminded me of the spite option. So I'm gonna try to work up the nerve to be a pain in the rear end about surviving, if only to make this drat system actually work to kill me.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

If you're in Western PA / Eastern OH / West Virginia, Giant Eagle doesn't give a gently caress either. My wife got her third shot there and they didn't ask for any sort of documentation.

Would a average size eagle care?

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

Fitzy Fitz posted:

The Walgreens I went to in NJ wouldn't give me my 3rd dose, they required proof.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Cabbages and Kings posted:

Hopium until I see real data otherwise; we'll know in 3 weeks. Note that this proclamation was made a day after schools opened.

yeah, this is just the DOH presenting the numbers to make the governor's policy look good. the rate of growth in cases is declining, but the cases themselves are not. same nonsense as the governor backdating the data to Jan 1 to claim that breakthrough cases aren't an issue.

to be fair, the start of school seems to be going relatively well here, especially compared to other states, but like you said, we need to wait a few weeks before popping the champagne.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

lmao

European regulator sees ‘no urgent need’ for COVID-19 boosters, aligning with WHO view and not the U.S.

quote:

The EMA’s statement aligns with the World Health Organization’s view on boosters: namely, that none should be offered by developed countries while the rest of the world is still hampered by a shortage of supply after wealthier countries laid claim to most of the earliest available shots.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Weaponized Autism posted:

The Walgreens I went to in NJ wouldn't give me my 3rd dose, they required proof.

lmao I am pretty sure they are not supposed to do this

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Did you schedule online with the booster/immunocompromised option? There are so many open appointments on their site it would be crazy if they turned me away. I wonder how much of it comes down to the individual pharmacy tech.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
NY here. The Walgreens I went to for mine just asked, I mumbled a bit and said 'I dunno, maybe? I have an off platelet count.' which is true but irrelevant, and they were like 'sure.'

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Did you schedule online with the booster/immunocompromised? There are so many open appointments on their site it would be crazy if they turned me away. I wonder how much of it comes down to the individual pharmacy tech.

Boosters are walkup only.

None of this is ever explained clearly or well. Best medical system in the world.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Should have started hooting and hollering about "hippa violations" until they gave you all three jabs at once

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Did you schedule online with the booster/immunocompromised? There are so many open appointments on their site it would be crazy if they turned me away. I wonder how much of it comes down to the individual pharmacy tech.

I think you're totally correct. The tech at the CVS I went to just asked if I checked the immunocompromised box and I said yes. She didn't ask or say anything beyond that.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Football season starts this weekend.

Time to stock up on your gameday needs.

https://twitter.com/wsfa12news/status/1433128566426849281?s=20

https://twitter.com/wsfa12news/status/1433193185480691725?s=20

bonus: Montgomery County has 1700 kids in quarantine from just 5 schools

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Did you schedule online with the booster/immunocompromised option? There are so many open appointments on their site it would be crazy if they turned me away. I wonder how much of it comes down to the individual pharmacy tech.

Nah I just walked in and asked for it, I did talk back to him but he seemed apologetic so then I didn't want to push it any further.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Nah I just walked in and asked for it, I did talk back to him but he seemed apologetic so then I didn't want to push it any further.

Confidence seems to be the winning strategy based on anecdotes from this thread. They can't tell you that you don't qualify, and they can't ask for proof.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

100 degrees Calcium posted:

This is my exact plan. I know I'm exhibiting an outdated mindset but I'm still scared of sticking out at work. Hopefully I'll just get the telework agreement approved and it'll be moot, but otherwise I'm going to need to develop some fortitude on this. I already talked to my husband and I have his blessing if my insistence on wearing a respirator turns into an ultimatum at work. He will not condemn me if I stand my ground until they fire me. That really helps a lot.

Last night was not good. After my in-thread freakout, I had the plan of going home and relaxing but instead I had a nervous breakdown to the point where my husband actually called a friend to hold an impromptu intervention. I wasn't going to kill myself but I guess I was sending the vibes and I have to admit I was thinking about it. Talking to my husband and my friend helped though, they reminded me of the spite option. So I'm gonna try to work up the nerve to be a pain in the rear end about surviving, if only to make this drat system actually work to kill me.

Recite the respirator manifesto each time you don it

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

bedpan posted:

Boosters are walkup only.

None of this is ever explained clearly or well. Best medical system in the world.

I guess it doesn't call it a booster on the site, but you can check "additional dose," "two previous doses," and "immunocompromised" and then schedule an appointment. That's what I was thinking about doing.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 361 days!

Well I agree but we're just throwing millions of doses away and until we fix that they can gently caress right off gimme that slut juice

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
It's wild to think that like, 8 years ago i could have come home with the wrong strain of weed from the dispensary and wound up thinking joe rogan is really cool and smart and as a result could have died of horse tapeworm medicine overdose. the moral is tip yr budtender i guess

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

triple sulk posted:

i'm afraid to ship anything with them without explicitly handing it to a postal worker and having it scanned in because it seems like at least 10% of poo poo just ends up lost otherwise

My mom tried to send my wife a birthday card, which never arrived, so she sent another card and both of them arrived on the same day a month later.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Joe Covid

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Real smart turning pharmacists and their technicians into fiefdoms that can arbitrarily decide against granting you access to life saving medication during a runaway pandemic

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Nothus posted:

My mom tried to send my wife a birthday card, which never arrived, so she sent another card and both of them arrived on the same day a month later.

I’ve used this lie before. Apparently it works pretty well.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Rynn posted:

A guy from work just lost his wife to Covid today. She was in the hospital for weeks before she passed.

He was the only person in the house who was vaccinated and they all got some form of Covid (they have 2 sons). No idea if she was antivax but she was pretty overweight.

gently caress man, get the goddamn shot
loving hell

speaking of getting the shot, just heard my chud relatives in a red state got their jabs
it took their neighbors getting covid and one of them dying, and also their pastor convincing them that the jab is not the mark of Satan, for them to finally get the jab
loving :lol: i don't know how they lasted this long, they're all overweight, diabetic, you name it, and have taken zero precautions during this whole pandemic
but yeah good, hopefully they get the follow-up jab in 3 weeks

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Fitzy Fitz posted:

A friend of mine is a pharmacy tech at walgreens. There was a company wide email specifically telling everyone they are not allowed to ask for proof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
no boosters, we must save those doses for poor countries

are you going to ship those doses to poor countries?

no

:allears: