Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Steve Yun posted:

the official 3M exhale filters are like $4 and easy to breathe with

it’s not difficult or expensive to protect others

edit: besides, in the long run it benefits you to limit the possibility of infecting others in case you’re asymptomatically infected. every infection prevented is a smaller chance of viable mutations

Wait does every 3M model have a compatible exhalation filter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

tangy yet delightful posted:

I don't think they recommend getting the covid vaccine within X number of days after infection, don't remember the # off the top of my head. Also there is a study showing great titers post even a single shot after getting an infection. All that to say your wife may be right on this one and you could push your 3rd dose back 2-3 months from now for maximum coverage it would seem.

just gonna say that my wife probably has insane titers because she got infected less than a week after getting her third shot lmao

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

silicone thrills posted:

but you also have to square yourself with working for the MIC and the biggest drain on WA state and theyll probably require you to come in at 6am

boeing is obviously part of the MIC but you can definitely stick to the commercial air stuff which is not as evil and guess what being an IE at boeing is the dumbest, easiest thing you can do for 75-100k a year no joke

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Ruggan posted:

can you guys post your favorite comics to cheer me up thanks

bill bailey is really funny and will definitely cheer you up

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

BraveUlysses posted:

boeing is obviously part of the MIC but you can definitely stick to the commercial air stuff which is not as evil and guess what being an IE at boeing is the dumbest, easiest thing you can do for 75-100k a year no joke

grats on contributing to climate change idiot

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Kunabomber posted:

just gonna say that my wife probably has insane titers because she got infected less than a week after getting her third shot lmao

wow the vaccine gave her covid !

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kunabomber posted:

Data just came out a couple days ago showing it takes ~2 weeks for the third shot to demonstrate increased protection - that gels with Pfizer's data showing people a month out from the third shot had large titers against Delta

You're both hosed, hth

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Ruggan posted:

can you guys post your favorite comics to cheer me up thanks

Transmetropolitan. Oh wait you said “cheer up” hm...

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
Big Titer Wife coughing uncontrollably

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

goddammit why did you have to say this fauci

rip 2022

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Kunabomber posted:

There is no ethical way to make a living under capitalism.
Nice virtue signaling tho bro

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

How long until they just recommend everybody get the virus openly, instead of just making sure it's likely

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stereotype posted:

One week before:

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1431062585328156682?s=20

so that's +50% deaths in a week. so next week we will have 4500 deaths in a day. 15k deaths a day by the end of the month. 50k deaths a day by halloween. we can replace jack-o-lanterns with real skulls

this seems bad. before this gets any worse we should get almost all the children in the country to gather in small rooms where they alternate every hour or so which other kids they are in classes with, all day 5 days a week.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Kunabomber posted:

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BeefThief posted:

How long until they just recommend everybody get the virus openly, instead of just making sure it's likely

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

BeefThief posted:

have they not been doing this

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I got my buttons!

empty whippet box you're the best

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

fosborb posted:

South is still the hardest hit per capita, but

Been a while since I compared these...

Naturally. Sigh, loving Alberta.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I also got my buttons and am wearing that one on my backpack with my respirator and it rules.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

kalensc posted:

no

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
getting closer to a parent shooting up a school over the need to quarantine their kids

https://kvoa.com/news/top-stories/2...=undefined_KVOA

quote:

TUCSON (KVOA) - A conflict over the COVID-19 quarantine policy at a Vail Unified School District elementary school has been resolved shortly after protesters threatened to make a citizen's arrest on the principal Thursday morning.

According to VUSD officials, a student at Mesquite Elementary School was asked to quarantine after he reportedly was in close contact with an individual who tested positive for COVID-19.

VUSD said this decision was made per state policy, citing that when a school in Arizona experiences a positive case of COVID-19, it is required to report the case to its county health department - in Vail's case, Pima County Health Department. Then, the county decides which individuals need to quarantine in order to prevent a potential outbreak in the community.

However, after hearing the quarantine request, three individuals and the child involved drove over to the school in order to protest the decision. The three individuals were later identified as one of the child's parents, another community member and a local business owner, who live-streamed the confrontation over his business' Instagram account.

Over the Instagram live, the business owner reportedly shared his discontent over the situation and threatened to use zip ties to arrest the principal of Mesquite Elementary School. The zip ties could also be seen in the video.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

honestly feel awful for all teaching professionals atm

just terrible

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

kalensc posted:

I only know of one, and I think it's the 7000-series. The Secure Click (HF-800) doesn't have one from what I've seen.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Der Meister posted:

just terrible
A teacher acquaintance (not English) whom I met (outdoors in a safe manner) recently had bags under his eyes and looked like he had resumed drinking. He had been dry for 3 years.
However much it sucks, I can't fault the man. I really really can't find it in me.

He told me how he snapped at a kid for dick-nosing, digging for boogers in class which caused the parents then the principal to come down on him like a ton of bricks, all the while he's constantly stressed out about getting infected or worse, he says, one of the kids getting infected.

The systems we have set-up are loving inhuman, and the virus really casts a spotlight on it.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Der Meister posted:

just terrible

Yeah, no winning.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

The market will provide a solution to us physically and emotionally destroying teachers and health care workers

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Twerk from Home posted:

Big Titer Wife coughing uncontrollably

tfw no big titer goth waifu

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

VomitOnLino posted:

A teacher acquaintance (not English) whom I met (outdoors in a safe manner) recently had bags under his eyes and looked like he had resumed drinking. He had been dry for 3 years.
However much it sucks, I can't fault the man. I really really can't find it in me.

He told me how he snapped at a kid for dick-nosing, digging for boogers in class which caused the parents then the principal to come down on him like a ton of bricks, all the while he's constantly stressed out about getting infected or worse, he says, one of the kids getting infected.

The systems we have set-up are loving inhuman, and the virus really casts a spotlight on it.

:(

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Was in the ER for 9 hours today and was kind of shocked at the dude who proceeded to fully pull his mask down and then started clipping his nails next to us in the waiting room. The thought process of thinking its right to cut your nails in a hospital waiting room baffles me.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

kalensc posted:

I’m only aware of there being an official exhale filter for the 6 series

Everyonr who wears a 7 or 8 is concerned about comfort and is therefore a pussy

Exhale filters are only for people who are tough enough

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
a bunch of americans are getting booster shots for no reason, without proper evidence, just because biden's trying to look good...

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/31/biden-booster-plan-fda-508149

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Well gently caress.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

exmarx posted:

a bunch of americans are getting booster shots for no reason, without proper evidence, just because biden's trying to look good...

:qq: but the proper paperwork needs to be filed :qq:

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

exmarx posted:

shut the gently caress up bean counters I’m boosted and ready to
go

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

quote:

The concerns over CDC's pace could color the coming decisions about vaccinating young children against Covid-19. As the agency that collects data on infections and hospitalization in kids, CDC is positioned to give FDA the clearest picture of how quickly it should move to make vaccines available to children under 12.

lol they're going to hold your kids hostage to get better bargaining position on 3rd shots

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

Der Meister posted:

just terrible

i got out of teaching days before covid hit. i feel like i dodged a bullet

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Death By The Blues posted:

Was in the ER for 9 hours today and was kind of shocked at the dude who proceeded to fully pull his mask down and then started clipping his nails next to us in the waiting room. The thought process of thinking its right to cut your nails in a hospital waiting room baffles me.

dudes rock

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

“This variant has a constellation of mutations that suggests that it would evade certain antibodies, not only monoclonal antibodies, but vaccine- and convalescent serum-induced antibodies,” Fauci said. “But there isn’t a lot of clinical data to suggest that, it is mostly laboratory in-vitro data.”

Either it's a big old nothingburger...or we all die

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

McNugget Buddy posted:

Either it's a big old nothingburger...or we all die

And there's not poo poo he can do about lol, it's simply down to dumb luck it fucken owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

New variant. Who dis?