Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

stardust crusaders is so sick. jojo ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I finished Diamond is Unbreakable and was kind of underwhelmed after Stardust. How is Golden Wind?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I finished Diamond is Unbreakable and was kind of underwhelmed after Stardust. How is Golden Wind?

golden wind is ftw.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Smirking_Serpent posted:

its pretty ftw. also yeah i like the manga of diu a lot but the anime kind of left me cold. still real good though, kira's a great villain

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

scary ghost dog posted:

golden wind is ftw.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Fungah! posted:

its pretty ftw. also yeah i like the manga of diu a lot but the anime kind of left me cold. still real good though, kira's a great villain

Yeah Kira was exceptional. I was just less into the main cast, and the ending wasn’t that great compared to SC.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I thought the cast was better though I hated chichi more than polnareff. I think 4 also has the better stand fights. SDC is still my favourite though because that's when the series clicked for me. Steel Ball Run ftmfw tho

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
watched 2012 tonight for the first time since it came out, still one of the greatest movies ever made

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
radical edward ftw

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
watching the Eva rebuild movies with my friends. feels good

Happy labor day imps

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Yeah Kira was exceptional. I was just less into the main cast, and the ending wasn’t that great compared to SC.

dio is such a strong finish but imo everything from bites the dust to the end is absolutely some of the best stuff in jojo's. Something that the anime captured perfectly. Also the highway star fight ftw

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
Check out the show Ricky morty

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

Check out the show Ricky morty

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I am Pickle Rick.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

watched the first few episodes of the Big O tonight and idk how i haven't heard more about it, mixing noir with mecha is a combination that outright owns

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

symbolic posted:

watched the first few episodes of the Big O tonight and idk how i haven't heard more about it, mixing noir with mecha is a combination that outright owns

Big O is cool

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ix7TUGVYIo

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I’m excited the sequels are bangers haters btfo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

I don't really care for the sequels but tentatively excited for the new one even though the used the most on the nose song possible for the trailer

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

yep

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The sequels have some really cool ideas and visuals but overcomplicate things imo

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The sequels have some really cool ideas and visuals but overcomplicate things imo

neo is badass

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Can't argue with that. Hell, Keanu ftw

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
reloaded is fun enough but revolutions is boring as poo poo

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I rewatched the first 2 recently and the first is just great and the second is also quite good imo definitely unfairly maligned. I think the third is where the wheels might come off but I need to rewatch it soon.

Clubbed to death ftmfw

Aslo the motorway chase in 2 is really loving good

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

2 has some real fuckin cool setpieces but the plits a mess and 3 is just super boring and not what i like from these movies. pumped for this one tho, keanu ftw

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I am Pickle Rick.

Lol! Love that memory.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

symbolic posted:

Big O ftw. Its' animated by the studio that did animated batman im pretty sure.

also the police chief dragging Dorothy away and she makes a nose like a dragged filling cabinet is a top shelf joke

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Morpheas is a bad rear end. Take the red pill. (google "Red pill" if you don't know what I mean)

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the wachowskis have had a long time to grow and I'm excited to see what they do revisiting the matrix.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Good things I remember about the sequels:

Neo
Morpheus
Trinity
Agent Smith
Monica Bellucci's boobs
Badass freeway setpiece
The scene where they launch the ship above the clouds
The guy who plays Bane does a really good Smith impersonation after he's taken over by one of the Smith clones

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Good things I remember about the sequels:

Neo
Morpheus
Trinity
Agent Smith
Monica Bellucci's boobs
Badass freeway setpiece
The scene where they launch the ship above the clouds
The guy who plays Bane does a really good Smith impersonation after he's taken over by one of the Smith clones

I think they planned to use weaving until they saw how good is impersonation is or somethin

The cake that makes you cum really hard is good also

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

the wachowskis have had a long time to grow and I'm excited to see what they do revisiting the matrix.

Only Lana is directing this one, Lilly had other stuff going on so she declined to participate apparently

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
teh trailer looks pretty cool

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Old Neo and young Morepheus... it bottles the mind

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Also I dunno if he's confirmed not to be in it or whatever but next trailer I feel has a 90% chance of a "Mr. ANDerson"

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

will be taping a big roll of this poo poo to my tv to experience the new matrix properly

Only registered members can see post attachments!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
wachowskis dont have a perfect track record but speed racer is my favorite movie

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

scary ghost dog posted:

wachowskis dont have a perfect track record but speed racer is my favorite movie

Speed Racer kicks rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

this week i watched
The Quick and the Dead
Kindergarten Cop
Aniara
all of em epic in their own way. but only one of em has sharon stone looking insanely hot and sam raimi snap zooms. quick and the dead ftw