Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Mick Foley to join the Pencil Army as Dude Pencil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
its 2021 mick foley can be in AEW without even having to show up

this thing could take worse bumps than he ever could and then you could do a gimmick where after a heel destroys it another one just rolls out and he's very upset

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

its 2021 mick foley can be in AEW without even having to show up

this thing could take worse bumps than he ever could and then you could do a gimmick where after a heel destroys it another one just rolls out and he's very upset

That would unironically be amazing which is why it will never ever happen.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

The mickster was the anonymous raw general manager all along

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Ivelisse is in the news again so here's something demented I came across:
https://twitter.com/Russ38366154/status/1435153813262913545

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

You don't have to BOOK this. What part of that do y'all defending this not understand? This match didn't have to be made. Penelope Ford is right there. Pin her. Penelope Ford is not getting no main event push no time soon. People clearly see Jamie Hayer as a main event talent.

Why the flying gently caress would you have her re-debut as a goon, then take a loss in a squash match to put Kris over, then, have her lose, regardless of the fuckin quality of the match, against someone who's basically as new as her?

The only match that fit what I would think of a Jamie Hayter match was her beatdown of Red Velvet. That's it. Everything else is out of character. That shows what y'all think of women's wrestling if you think it's ok for Jamie Hayter to be in this position like this. And it doesn't even stop at women because like I said before men like PAC, Fenix, and Pentagon are main eventers that were roaming around in the midcard due to aimless-rear end booking.

Jamie Hayter a second? gently caress outta here. The match is gonna be good as a floor, at the base jt'll be "good", but with two people of their caliber, a match-up with these two in it should be great.

Imagine if they had randomly dumped Rosa and Baker in a match with no build-up like this.........we never would have gotten that classic hardcore match they did, which is still Britt Baker's far and away best match of her life.

Strong fantasy booking opinions.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Well poo poo, I mean I guess that's Jamie Hayter's career done and dusted. It's not like they could be building up to a story or anything? Like maybe she gets tired of Britt or maybe Britt starts trying to push her around because she's intended to be her muscle and she's losing to people she was supposed to beat up for Britt? And maybe that could lead to a program between the current champion and Jamie Hayter?

poo poo, something like that could be cool but sadly we don't live in a world where that is possible.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
How is it still so hard for so many people to grasp that everyone has to work their way up in AEW no matter who they are?

I know the obvious answer is that WWE booking broke a lot of people, but it's been 2+ years now.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
No, no you see, Jamie's career will obviously never recover from being associated with the most over act in the women's division and arguably in the entire promotion.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
i'm confused when did jamie hayter lose or get squashed in a singles match

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

i'm confused when did jamie hayter lose or get squashed in a singles match

She lost a handicap match against Kris Stat with her partner being the dead weight of Rebel and straight up walking out. She waa not made to look a goof at all in the match but the match was entirely a Stat showcase so shes buried and will never ever recover. Rest in peace Hayter.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Lid posted:

She lost a handicap match against Kris Stat with her partner being the dead weight of Rebel and straight up walking out. She waa not made to look a goof at all in the match but the match was entirely a Stat showcase so shes buried and will never ever recover. Rest in peace Hayter.

But on the flipside Bianca Belair eating a loss at Summerslam in literally two moves was actually bold storytelling and is definitely building up to something amazing and furthermo

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

"Imagine if they had randomly dumped Rosa and Baker in a match with no build-up like this"

Like they did a month before the lights out match?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I get someone being bummed out Hayter is being used to eat losses but that's kind of her job as Britt's heavy - she's the final step before getting to the champ.

And, of course, losing a match doesn't mean you're a nerd in AEW and I'm sure Ruby/Hayter will be good and competitive. There really is a WWE Brain problem out there.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Lamuella posted:

"Imagine if they had randomly dumped Rosa and Baker in a match with no build-up like this"

*randomly fantasy books Ruby and Penelope in a match with no build-up like this*

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
No, you see, Penelope is only getting pushed as part of a tag act with the Bunny, and not as a real main eventer so she can be allowed to get killed and buried six feet under.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Can’t believe they would book their debuting number one contender against the most in-ring competent heel they have like this.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Her job is to beat up and tire out whoever is coming after Britt. If she's not getting squashed, she's achieving that, win or lose. Her win-loss record literally doesn't matter for the purpose of her character

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

It's here. The worst wrestling fan take. I can't comprehend how anybody could believe this enough to actually transform it into words.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

quote:

7. How many 85 pound anime cosplay women do we actually need?

All of them.

I don't usually look at /r/scjerk because its a cesspool, but after All Out they can't even agree on what sucks about AEW. It's glorious watching something so toxic turn inward on itself.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Kosmo Gallion posted:

It's here. The worst wrestling fan take. I can't comprehend how anybody could believe this enough to actually transform it into words.

He is right that WWE is not interested in making a good show, at least.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

He is right that WWE is not interested in making a good show, at least.

That's true, but to somehow believe this is a massive own of AEW is all kinds of delusional.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's literally "Kurt Angle KNOWS he can't beat me, so he ain't even gon' try" but as a business strat.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It is a little weird to beat Jamie Hayter so quick, but, she's Britt's muscle, that's kinda her job.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Ruby wins via DQ, it's a bit of a cheap out, but Hayter doesn't really lose and you avoid booking Ruby to lose twice.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Kosmo Gallion posted:

That's true, but to somehow believe this is a massive own of AEW is all kinds of delusional.

When I first read that post I thought it was someone trolling WWE stans, because the first five points are basically saying WWE sucks

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Q_res posted:

Ruby wins via DQ, it's a bit of a cheap out, but Hayter doesn't really lose and you avoid booking Ruby to lose twice.

This isn't WWE, people can take pinfalls and still look strong

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It turns out that if you just have someone lose after a competitive 10-15 minute match instead of a 2-3 minute waste of time it doesn’t turn them into a never-was laughing stock forever-jobber. Who’d have thought it?

Q7kid
Jul 24, 2009

Rarity posted:

This isn't WWE, people can take pinfalls and still look strong

Frankly, Hayter will come out a bigger star than she went in if she loses a decent-length competitive match with the hot new acquisition.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Q_res posted:

I would rather see: Britt gets Rebel to interfere, despite Jamie not really needing it, the interference distracts Jamie more than it hurts Ruby, leading to Ruby winning but Jamie having an excuse that pushes the Britt v Jamie storyline forward.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I wouldn't expect Jamie to split from Britt any time soon

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rarity posted:

They've been doing the kind of stuff Generico suggested with MJF and Wardlow for over a year now, doesnt have to be any time soon but you can still plant seeds.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

She's gonna beat Britt up

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Rarity posted:

Probably not any time soon, but it seems like Hayter's character is that she's there to get paid and beat people up for Britt while Britt and Reba seem to try and want her to become a friend/mindless minion. For instance, not being on board doing the DMD hand sign thing. It kind of feels like on the past couple of shows, she's become less serious and is starting to gel more with them but I could still see them pulling the trigger of Hayter not wanting to deal with the bullshit anymore and breaking away. Again, not anytime soon but they're definitely planting little seeds here and there for possible future stuff if they want to go that way.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Q_res posted:

Hasn't there been like one DQ finish in all of AEW history? They're not going to cheap out on Ruby's first singles match.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

I'd guess that there will be some botched interference from Rebel/Reba that costs Jamie the match, thus planting the seed for Britt and Jamie to eventually beat her up and kick her out of their little group.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I do see the logic that having Ruby squashing a more undercard talent so she can hit her poo poo, show off any new finish she's gonna use, and doing a quick promo with Tony would maybe be more obvious and then you do the Hayter match in a week or two.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Rarity posted:

They turned MJF on Cody very quickly, and they’ve pushed some other stories pretty quick too. I think Hayter was brought as Britt’s muscle as a way to elevate her right away, but Britt really doesn’t need muscle. I think she’s away from Britt by the end of the year at the latest, and could be as soon as Full Gear.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

I do see the logic that having Ruby squashing a more undercard talent so she can hit her poo poo, show off any new finish she's gonna use, and doing a quick promo with Tony would maybe be more obvious and then you do the Hayter match in a week or two.

True, but I do think this is gonna be more of the "planting seeds" thing of the eventual Britt/Jamie split.

Jordan7hm posted:

They turned MJF on Cody very quickly, and they’ve pushed some other stories pretty quick too. I think Hayter was brought as Britt’s muscle as a way to elevate her right away, but Britt really doesn’t need muscle. I think she’s away from Britt by the end of the year at the latest, and could be as soon as Full Gear.

I think they also need to lean into Britt being a face more, not a "aw shucks" smiling babyface of course, but definitely have her do less heelish stuff. Having Jamie split up with her and beat her down is definitely a good way to cement that.

Of course we could all be wrong and Britt will cement herself as the top women's heel by becoming the first female member of the Elite :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jordan7hm posted:

They turned MJF on Cody very quickly, and they’ve pushed some other stories pretty quick too

Yeah but Hayter needs to win her breakaway feud with Britt and that's not happening while she's champ, which I expect to last a while. I don't see her being the one to beat her either, it's far more likely that she's there to give Britt something to do after her reign's finished.