Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean that’s probably why it was short

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Griffith isn't going "Yeah...Sorry" is he?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:shepface:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean that’s probably why it was short

I actually went back through it and I think there's at least one glaring example of where there is a page missing but it's not a big deal.

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
Holy poo poo…!

No way they can just leave it there come on!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Grouchio posted:

Griffith isn't going "Yeah...Sorry" is he?
It's absolutely some horseshit because he's a classic narcissist

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
I expect this will lead to quite a number of complaints that Griffith's hair didn't take up a four page spread.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Translations, please?!

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
The EG release should drop shortly (as in hour(s)) after the issue is legally obtainable in Japan.

What a way to end the story

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Translate says something about tears like dew or something

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Fuckin hell

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
Yeah, I cant say I want them to just leave it after that chapter...

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
please man let it continue. I dont care if I have to wait 10 more years for it to end. it wont devalue what's already happened no matter what. guts deserves closure

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I've never loving agreed that the story reached a point where it felt anything close to conclusive, gently caress that poo poo, this is just ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

just keep going I don't give a poo poo at this point, bring it to some sort of logical end

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

All these posts making me really anxious about the translation when it drops :ohdear:

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

OH MY loving GOD I CANT READ ANY OF IT BUT THEY CAN'T LEAVE IT THERE

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

they can, and they should :twisted:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

EDIT: TRANSLATIONS ARE OUT

CHAPTER 364: TEARS LIKE THE MORNING DEW

:livintrope:

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Sep 9, 2021

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Evil Genius release is also out; http://www.evil-genius.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=8381

Online reader upload coming in a few minutes it seems.

EDIT: online reader

LordMune fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Sep 9, 2021

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

of all the panels to (possibly) end it on :v:

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Hahh... what a way to go.

Berserk will always be a legendary series but this ending almost makes it more legendary.

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 21 minutes!
Bread Liar
This is the worst if this is how it ends

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Miura trolling us from beyond the grave.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
The whole thing is super ambiguous on whether this is the final chapter or not. The notes say they don't have any news about the future of Berserk, the golden kanji at the end say its the latest chapter publication(not the last/final), then at the final page it says END.

Whether this is just Japan's love of ambiguity and this is the end, or they're leaving things open for possible continuation... who knows.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I've decided I don't want it to continue. I would rather people argue for decades over how the conversation in the next chapter between the three protagonists would have gone. And we will never actually find out. I don't trust anybody but Miura to deliver the goods on that.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Pretty clear that this chapter was hacked together with the finished or mostly finished pages Miura left behind. Sucks we didn't actually get to see much of sane Casca's first real interactions with the child. :(

Sounds like we're on ice with regards to the future of Berserk until December when they release the next volume. That seems like the logical point to make an announcement about whether Gaga is going to carry on the series in Miura's stead or not.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Sydin posted:

Pretty clear that this chapter was hacked together with the finished or mostly finished pages Miura left behind. Sucks we didn't actually get to see much of sane Casca's first real interactions with the child. :(

That's not how manga production works, at least not in Miura's case. The script he left behind would have been fairly complete, including text and panel layouts for each page. Likely there was only some "final art," the remainder being taken from sketch to ink by Studio Gaga.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Maybe it'll get an ending the same way as Vagabond did: when Takarazuka Revue produces a stage show based off of it.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

There shouldn't be any continuation and it is okay it ended like this. This needs to be the end now.

Considering the death of the author, we couldn't hope for more, however bitter it is.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The true sequel of Berserk was all the Dark Souls games we got.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Brought To You By posted:

Miura trolling us from beyond the grave.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

This being the ending would be a bigger gently caress You than all the NGE endings combined.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

"That's pretty cringe" - Puck 2021

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

this is a heart breaking way to end the manga, if it ends here, but not in a bad way

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

griffith: im baby

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Sure, I'd like to know what comes next, but I'm actually ok if it ends here.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

multijoe posted:

*cue griffith's vision of the future of living together like at the end of Golden Age, except he's in a high chair this time*

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

multijoe posted:

Gotta love me!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

still want them to continue with it, tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Yeah worst case scenario is that a continuation sucks and you can just ignore it as a lovely fanfiction. Best case the folks at Studio Gaga know what they're doing and got enough sense of the series and what Miura's thoughts were about it from working with him that they can put together a compelling finale. Even if they do choose to continue I doubt it would be a very long continuation unless somebody opens up the floorboards and finds Miura's super secret detailed outline for another 100 chapters or whatever. It'd probably be a dozen chapters or so setting up and kicking off the final conflict and bringing some closer to the main cast.