Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Sirotan posted:

I'll readily admit I have only seen the sequels the one time in the theater and never again and will definitely revisit all 3 before 4 comes out since I have largely forgotten them. The trailer really just did not hype me up though. :/

As someone who has seen all 3 Matrix films numerous times, the Resurrections trailer got me mad loving hype. Everything about it just hit all the right notes for me. Once I heard the cue kick in, I was like "ok, that's perfect actually lmao" and yeah, the music complimented all the visuals amazingly. All of it gave me goosebumps. I'm particularly found of every shot including Jessica Henwick—she looks so badass :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Song was too on the nose shoulda used Clubbed to Death.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
They should’ve used another question word for the tag line.

“How is the Matrix?”

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

MacheteZombie posted:

Despite having "died" during the course of the third film, Trinity made a return to the series in the official continuation, The Matrix Online. Taking on a major role in the game's final chapters it is revealed both she and Neo are actually the culmination of decades of Machine research into translating human DNA perfectly into Machine code, allowing them to interface directly with technology without the need for simulated interfaces. Originally developed by The Oracle, this program is called The Biological Interface Program and is strongly sought after by the Oligarchy as a means to transfer their digital minds to physical bodies instead of the mechanical androids they had developed.

Without a physical form, Trinity takes the appearance of a floating figure made of golden code when within The Matrix. Initially distraught with her condition, she eventually finds solace in the fact her existence is the key to finally rebooting the Matrix and erasing Oligarch override control once and for all.

She ultimately meets her end in the Source of The Matrix, merging with a human inside the core of the Machine code base itself, combining the three core groups; Man, Machine and Program. This initializes the final reboot sequence, removing the Oligarch control and allowing the Machines to finally exist without fear of cruel masters.

So I guess they're going to have to cover all this ground in the so everyone knows what's going on? Will be interesting to see how it's approached for sure. Appreciate the infos!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Lol

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

So I guess they're going to have to cover all this ground in the so everyone knows what's going on? Will be interesting to see how it's approached for sure. Appreciate the infos!

They need to film this scene for the pre-Matrix short they're going to have to show to catch us all up:

https://twitter.com/TristanACooper/status/1435300754043154439

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

EL BROMANCE posted:

As a veteran of the Star Wars "It's all canon, I swear!" EU, trust me, none of that poo poo is going to make it into the movie in any way.

I know that's snarky, but there was no other way to put it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

AngryBooch posted:

They need to film this scene for the pre-Matrix short they're going to have to show to catch us all up:

https://twitter.com/TristanACooper/status/1435300754043154439

If I've learned anything, modern audience outside of pedants like us won't complain about shockingly bad CG so why shoot the scene, just put it in as-is.

thrawn527 posted:

As a veteran of the Star Wars "It's all canon, I swear!" EU, trust me, none of that poo poo is going to make it into the movie in any way.

I know that's snarky, but there was no other way to put it.

Ha, they'll add in a disposable line of dialog that everyone will be like 'that's for us! they catered for us!'

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

A little disappointed that the Matrix trailer seems to still be swimming in the whole lone savior narrative that hobbled the Matrix sequels. And leaves the only option of reality the dour cave people existence that is just boring as gently caress to watch.

I guess I'm just here to see some cool poo poo happen

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

MacheteZombie posted:

Despite having "died" during the course of the third film, Trinity made a return to the series in the official continuation, The Matrix Online. Taking on a major role in the game's final chapters it is revealed both she and Neo are actually the culmination of decades of Machine research into translating human DNA perfectly into Machine code, allowing them to interface directly with technology without the need for simulated interfaces. Originally developed by The Oracle, this program is called The Biological Interface Program and is strongly sought after by the Oligarchy as a means to transfer their digital minds to physical bodies instead of the mechanical androids they had developed.

Without a physical form, Trinity takes the appearance of a floating figure made of golden code when within The Matrix. Initially distraught with her condition, she eventually finds solace in the fact her existence is the key to finally rebooting the Matrix and erasing Oligarch override control once and for all.

She ultimately meets her end in the Source of The Matrix, merging with a human inside the core of the Machine code base itself, combining the three core groups; Man, Machine and Program. This initializes the final reboot sequence, removing the Oligarch control and allowing the Machines to finally exist without fear of cruel masters.

I'm gonna need a huge-rear end youtube video going in-depth into the story of The Matrix Online.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm gonna need a huge-rear end youtube video going in-depth into the story of The Matrix Online.
The first hour and a half of Resurrections should just be a YouTuber summing up the entire expanded universe to catch everyone up. Then 15 minutes of the new footage, cut to credits.

Maybe they could get Mega64 to do it, it worked well with Kingdom Hearts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YVTBQCbezQ

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

MonsieurChoc posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbJ5Gzh8TsA

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Groovelord Neato posted:

Song was too on the nose shoulda used Clubbed to Death.

trailer got me hype but yeah also this

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Rabelais D posted:

Big disappointment that Laurence Fishburne isn't in this one

Yeah why the gently caress are we getting young hipster Morpheus instead of Fishburne?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'm guessing it's because it's not actually Morpheus, but a program which is meant to lead Neo in circles so he doesn't wake up.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

But will Cornel West be back in this one?

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

MLSM posted:

Yeah why the gently caress are we getting young hipster Morpheus instead of Fishburne?

How is he a hipster lol

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
e: i should read the loving thread before posting

clean ayers act fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Sep 9, 2021

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Spider-Man trailer drops - This thread loses its mind that they're showing all the cameos in the trailer instead of saving the surprise for the theater.

The Matrix trailer drops - WTF where are all the cameos?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

trailer got me hype but yeah also this

I woulda been like all the twitter people going nuts over the Spider-Man trailer if right after Neil Patrick Harris said "We don't use that word in here" the strings started up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwGuSPXPyX4

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Sirotan posted:

That trailer is just so visually bland, that disappoints me more than all the obvious call backs to the original.

Siri tell me how you have no understanding of good visuals and bad taste without saying you don't understand good visuals or bad taste.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

MLSM posted:

Because Larry Fishburne is pushing 250. He's a fine actor to be sure, but he's been fat as far back as Predators. His character had been surviving for 10 years on an alien world while being hunted by vicious aliens, but was hiding in a crashed ship that must have contained a planet's supply of Moon Pies.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Does this shot here look like a WIP to anyone else? Like the stuff outside the frame in the middle is just the VFX overlay without footage behind it.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Dillbag posted:

Because Larry Fishburne is pushing 250. He's a fine actor to be sure, but he's been fat as far back as Predators. His character had been surviving for 10 years on an alien world while being hunted by vicious aliens, but was hiding in a crashed ship that must have contained a planet's supply of Moon Pies.

Hell, he pretty much says "mate, I'm a proper fat gently caress!" in Mission: Impossible III.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

tbf a lot of the effects looked 'early', doesn't really bother me. i was a bit surpised at the number of different effects shots they showed, pretty good variety for a teaser

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Dillbag posted:

edit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vwHATDeJhU

Fishbourne had def put on weight by the time he was finishing Hannibal and it didn't impede the gravity of his performance, though yeah it's a very different type of character compared to Morpheus' physical peak discipline dealio.

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Sep 10, 2021

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Yeah I was thinking of his season 2 fight in Hannibal, sure he aint svelte but he can at least project strength and it's not like Morpheus fighting ever happened that often

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Yeah I was thinking of his season 2 fight in Hannibal, sure he aint svelte but he can at least project strength and it's not like Morpheus fighting ever happened that often

oops yeah, I posted the wrong one

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Hannibal was like 7 years ago though? Lol.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He could definitely have gotten back in shape for Matrix money.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

tbf a lot of the effects looked 'early', doesn't really bother me. i was a bit surpised at the number of different effects shots they showed, pretty good variety for a teaser

I feel like that mirror shot with the aged face or whatever is definitely a work in progress, but I agree that it's cool they showed us like a sampling of poo poo they're doing.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

teagone posted:

Hannibal was like 7 years ago though? Lol.

Yeah, I do concede that

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

LesterGroans posted:

I feel like that mirror shot with the aged face or whatever is definitely a work in progress, but I agree that it's cool they showed us like a sampling of poo poo they're doing.

Yeah, def the biggest offender for sure

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

muscles like this! posted:

He could definitely have gotten back in shape for Matrix money.

With the right studio funded training, diet, and growth hormone regimen, any actor can get super ripped (see Bob Odenkirk).

It also may lead to a having an on-set heart attack in the middle of production on your next project (see Bob Odenkirk).

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

The movie comes out in two months though

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Jewmanji posted:

It's not uncommon for films to not have their VFX work complete until a couple weeks before it hits theaters. Most recent one I read about was Endgame, which wasn't VFX complete until 2.5 weeks before it premiered.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Jewmanji posted:

i feel like we go over this a lot in here, effects are like the last thing to finish up on these types of projects

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
Oh, well, I learned something. Thanks :)

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Dillbag posted:

With the right studio funded training, diet, and growth hormone regimen, any actor can get super ripped (see Bob Odenkirk).

It also may lead to a having an on-set heart attack in the middle of production on your next project (see Bob Odenkirk).

This is wild speculation that’s kinda gross when there’s probably just story reasons that Fishbourne isn’t in the movie and we can just watch the film in two months and find out why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The story can be whatever the writer wants it to be, though. If they wanted him in it badly enough, there'd be a scene where he's sitting on a stool talking to them for a few minutes and then at the end he shows up flying the Millennium Falcon to help defeat the super-emperor.