Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
This is gonna be an improvement, or a hilarious disaster, or both

:munch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WampaLord posted:

which i'm sure will lead to quick and competent government action

If there's money involved, you betcha

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ok, but where's the carrot for those of us who did get vaccinated? Where's my loving $2000, old man?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
what constitutional right is a vaccine mandate violating? are there troops being quartered in your house? does the jab make your guns evaporate?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

DO NOT CONGRATULATE

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

I think most large companies self insure, meaning they actually pay the costs of healthcare.

the last thing these CEOs want is to watch profits go towards health care for COVID people in the ICU for months because they won’t get a shot. they also don’t want to be liable for claims that the workspace caused covid. they also don’t want to implement NPI because then they can’t crank out product

so the next time someone bitches and moans, let them know that actually strong America capitalism did this and Biden is doing the rich a favor by letting them shrug and go “the bad government did it”

addendum, healthcare providers also definitely don’t want it because it takes away high profit procedures and replaces it with slow death and employee burnout (not that they care about mental health but they can’t profit if they don’t have people)

Crazyweasel fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Sep 9, 2021

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Occupational Sex & Horny Administration

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Lol shut the gently caress up, Biden finally doing something.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

super sweet best pal posted:

Ok, but where's the carrot for those of us who did get vaccinated? Where's my loving $2000, old man?

all we get is continued existence, which... eh

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

A friend of mine in a fed agency says a couple of her coworkers are melting down right now and comparing the vaccine to agent orange

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Crazyweasel posted:

I think most large companies self insure, meaning they actually pay the costs of healthcare.

the last thing these CEOs want is to watch profits go towards health care for COVID people in the ICU for months because they won’t get a shot. they also don’t want to be liable for claims that the workspace caused covid. they also don’t want to implement NPI because then they can’t crank out product

so the next time someone bitches and moans, let them know that actually strong America capitalism did this and Biden is doing the rich a favor by letting them shrug and go “the bad government did it”

Most big companies self-insure though admin services only contracts with insurance companies but those policies are usually backstopped by stop loss insurance for catastrophic claims fwiw.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Louisgod posted:

all we get is continued existence, which... eh

I wish I had more of a bargaining chip than that to go full Trumpian brinksmanship with.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Atrocious Joe posted:

The US returning land to indigenous groups after areas become too burdensome for the federal government to care about seems like something that might actually happen.

"Here's you're land back! Be careful though, it is now a polluted plague land being swallowed by the sea. Good luck with it."

The previous owners were England though. Then Spain before them.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Last Chance posted:

A friend of mine in a fed agency says a couple of her coworkers are melting down right now and comparing the vaccine to agent orange

god the meltdowns in the next few days are going to own

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

super sweet best pal posted:

We're employable by any place that isn't a local pizzeria

Chuds will be kept out of the job market or relegated to working for the terrible small business tyrants they won't shut the gently caress up about

This is very funny

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Animal-Mother posted:

what constitutional right is a vaccine mandate violating? are there troops being quartered in your house? does the jab make your guns evaporate?

Jacobson v. Massachusetts posted:

The Court held that "in every well ordered society charged with the duty of conserving the safety of its members the rights of the individual in respect of his liberty may at times, under the pressure of great dangers, be subjected to such restraint, to be enforced by reasonable regulations, as the safety of the general public may demand" and that "[r]eal liberty for all could not exist under the operation of a principle which recognizes the right of each individual person to use his own [liberty], whether in respect of his person or his property, regardless of the injury that may be done to others."[2]

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Louisgod posted:

god the meltdowns in the next few days are going to own

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

McNugget Buddy posted:

Chuds will be kept out of the job market or relegated to working for the terrible small business tyrants they won't shut the gently caress up about

This is very funny

I don't want to work, I want government handouts because my body's worn out from long covid and sciatica.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Me: hello doctor, I am unvaccinated and I need to make an informed decision about the vaccine

Doctor: gently caress YOU JUST TAKE IT

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Last Chance posted:

these meltdowns gonna own

the other hand
Dec 14, 2003

43rd Heavy Artillery Brigade
"Ultima Ratio Liberalium"

Animal-Mother posted:

The ‘unconstitutional’ idea is probably that the President only has powers explicitly granted by the constitution and that this exceeds those powers. Going through OSHA is smart because its authority in setting workplace safety rules is well established.

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

Tzen posted:

now do more you ghoul gently caress

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

gay biden

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

hopefully this kicks off some really weird poo poo, can't even imagine all the possibilities

but i'm already definitely ruling out "everything goes awesome and we beat covid" as one of them

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

McNugget Buddy posted:

This is very funny

Over here doing the Sickos Guy bit over this OSHA thing. I'm having a real good day

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

the other hand posted:

The ‘unconstitutional’ idea is probably that the President only has powers explicitly granted by the constitution and that this exceeds those powers. Going through OSHA is smart because its authority in setting workplace safety rules is well established.

at some point it might of but nowadays it just means 'thing I don't like'

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Now one thing not to get lost here is they can opt out with weekly covid testing. Now is this the uncomfortable swab to the brain or is there something else now?

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

ok like it is tough for me to really be positive about government to things but just a big lol that this 78 year old man is just like “gently caress it were leaving Afghanistan” while everyone cries and is now mandating vaccines. amazing

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

skewetoo posted:

Laser focused demographic lmfao

infographic :colbert:

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

sullat posted:

Ah yes, the Infinite Jest strategy

the documentary?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Because I'm all for them getting swabbed in the brain weekly

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Honestly thought anti-vaccination sentiment wouldn't become too widespread or persist very long in the US, if only because it ultimately decreases the overall rate of return and the interests of a multinational corporation are aligned with people getting vaccinated. Usually explaining whether something happens in America only requires asking if anyone can make money off it. This analysis is clearly wrong given current events.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

WampaLord posted:

hopefully this kicks off some really weird poo poo, can't even imagine all the possibilities

but i'm already definitely ruling out "everything goes awesome and we beat covid" as one of them

what odds will you give me for "biden locks up hillary clinton for the crimes of EMAILS and BENGHAZI"

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
how are these doofuses so learned in the constitution, they act like it's infallible but also act like the second amendment was always there

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shyduck posted:

Now one thing not to get lost here is they can opt out with weekly covid testing. Now is this the uncomfortable swab to the brain or is there something else now?

Make em take the anal swab test

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

rabble rabble posted:

between this and telling everyone to eat poo poo in afghanistan i am dangerously close to considering the idea that joe biden might not be the worst president, this is distressing in many ways

god drat this is just pathetic

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

FAA my dude have you seen the price of cars? lol maybe half a truck with that fine

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

what odds will you give me for "biden locks up hillary clinton for the crimes of EMAILS and BENGHAZI"

35/1

120/1 if he locks up bill too

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

ShutteredIn posted:

Texas is going to secede over this

what if texas and greg abbot just come out and say, "we hear you joe biden and we are not agreeing. no texas company will abide by the federal rule to vaccinate employees. in fact we are making it illegal in texas to make vaccine mandates. what are you going to do, invade us?"

blue lib media will have a month tying themselves in knots about how texas isn't playing ball and nothing will be done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Crazyweasel posted:

they also don’t want to be liable for claims that the workspace caused covid.
good news the precedent here is that "oh god, we can't hold companies liable there would be too many lawsuits", denied

that's the law of this worthless country lol