Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

I choose to read this as 'Doctor of Human Letters'

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

that’s all I can see it saying

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Lenin Stimpy posted:

this is genuinely interesting and i'd like to understand why this is the case. maybe natural immunity was much more common pre-delta in NY as opposed to FL? how accurately can we measure natural immunity in communities?

(couldnt care less about the terminally online drama ITT)

You could ask an even more pointed question about Seattle, where Delta was growing with Rt>2 until about two weeks ago when it suddenly slammed into an Rt=1 ceiling and the outbreak plateaued. Why the sudden stop? Nothing changed in terms of vaccination rate, natural immunity, etc.

Chamale posted:

Even basic precautions make a huge difference in the spread of covid, and Floridians have abandoned basic precautions.

It's because in June and July people were told that covid was over and they could stop wearing their masks and stop caring about gathering sizes. Then they learned that's bullshit in August and everyone started taking basic precautions again, people are wearing masks and (most) people are being way more cautious about gatherings. Peoples' fear and willingness to take some basic precautions like universal masking (for vaccinated and unvaccinated, indoors and outdoors, etc.) is what is making the difference. The vaccine helps with that and it also helps the hospital system not collapse but the size of the outbreak is governed mostly by people being idiots or not idiots at this point in time.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

gently caress and that rear end in a top hat didnt even have to shell out a couple hundred bucks for the frame, they gave it to him framed already

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
this is going on the gold fridge

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

taking my diploma out of the frame so it can be put in its rightful place on the fridge with a magnet

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Lenin Stimpy posted:

this is genuinely interesting and i'd like to understand why this is the case.

it's not at all, lol sorry

check covid cases this time last year and you'll find exactly the same pattern

actual epidemiologists say the cyclical nature of covid is as understood as Aristotle understood the weather. we will live through it, but to pretend we understand everything in perfect clarity is woeful ignorance

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

The Oldest Man posted:

You could ask an even more pointed question about Seattle, where Delta was growing with Rt>2 until about two weeks ago when it suddenly slammed into an Rt=1 ceiling and the outbreak plateaued. Why the sudden stop? Nothing changed in terms of vaccination rate, natural immunity, etc.

It's because in June and July people were told that covid was over and they could stop wearing their masks and stop caring about gathering sizes. Then they learned that's bullshit in August and everyone started taking basic precautions again, people are wearing masks and (most) people are being way more cautious about gatherings. Peoples' fear and willingness to take some basic precautions like universal masking (for vaccinated and unvaccinated, indoors and outdoors, etc.) is what is making the difference. The vaccine helps with that and it also helps the hospital system not collapse but the size of the outbreak is governed mostly by people being idiots or not idiots at this point in time.

wuhan-400 is designed to burn out fairly quickly. each surge is a new attack

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

i am harry posted:

that’s all I can see it saying

Apparently it's this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_of_Humane_Letters

Rescinded as of this year. Too late to get any real comedy out of it.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Shear Modulus posted:

i dont mean to brag but i actually received the time magazine person of the year award

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

finally caught up

lol

lmao

MadNotADoctor

I think I must be the doctoriest doctor because I have a fridge with a lot of magnets on it
who knew?!

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

just like there's no rule saying a dog can't play basketball, there's also no rule saying a jackal can't manufacture fake credentials to con women into bed

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Less fake doctor shaming

More death

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Helith posted:

I think I must be the doctoriest doctor because I have a fridge with a lot of magnets on it
who knew?!

Stainless Stolen Valor

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i don't like how every fridge posted has been nicer than mine

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
the doom scrolling will still be here tomorrow, just enjoy this light-hearted interlude while it lasts

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

pillsburysoldier posted:

Less fake doctor shaming

More death

I dunno if you noticed but MadJackal’s soul left his body a few pages ago

Meat Miracle
Oct 24, 2010

blatman posted:

i don't like how every fridge posted has been nicer than mine

99.6% of households have a nicer refrigerator than you

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
What'd i miss lol

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
Walkin itt like the donald glover pizza on fire gif

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

McNugget Buddy posted:

He stole it from here and changed the font on "year completed":

https://img0cf.b8cdn.com/images/course/38/63944238_1580741725.pdf

NO NO NO IT's NOT TRUE LOL LMAO LLNOOOTOT NLOL

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

:five: I'm dying

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

we need a thread doctah ovah heah!

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The two biggest comedic moments in this thread:

COVID Tree Costume
MadJackal’s fridge

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
magna cum laude of poo poo

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

empty whippet box posted:

I'm glad I've never represented myself as being any less pathetic than I am in real life because it would have been sniffed out immediately

:same:

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
lol did i miss something huge, do i really have to read the past 1200 posts

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Kunabomber posted:

Yeah

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

empty whippet box posted:

I'm glad I've never represented myself as being any less pathetic than I am in real life because it would have been sniffed out immediately

:same:

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Kunabomber posted:

i'll summarize:

"MadJackal the fake/horse doctor posted:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/134787490526658561?lang=en

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kunabomber posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3976692&pagenumber=921&perpage=40#post517618650

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Kunabomber posted:

start here:

MadJackal posted:

Make a TOXX declaration you'll accept a ban if I post name-redacted photos of a NY residency and AAFP certification with whatever dumb thing you want written on a Post-it note next to it.

I invite every other harasser in the thread to join Serf in this dare.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Listen I didn't go through half a decade of medicine to NOT smash my credentials on the fridge with some magnets that fell off a few clips

zone
Dec 6, 2016

they let anyone become a doctor these days, all it takes is printing out a photoshop

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Kunabomber posted:

lol yes

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
take a day to cool down doc, i am taking you out of the game

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Free PFC he save my life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Kunabomber posted:

Would you like to have a stroke like everyone else?