Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Horikoshi made a character that is a combination of things everyone loves by doing that so it worked out.
Yeah. Mirko whips rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
She truly does

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

oh i thought this was nagant

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

She's also good. As is Weasel Lady.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I don’t think Horikoshi has drawn any girl as particularly paunchy in a long while.

Also Mirko is the best, bring her back

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Spinoff with Mirko, Mt. Lady, Ryukyu, and Burnin as a team.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Spinoff with Mirko, Mt. Lady, Ryukyu, and Burnin as a team.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Waffleman_ posted:

Spinoff with Mirko, Mt. Lady, Ryukyu, Burnin, and Inko as a team.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Shinjobi posted:

He could drop the series and just do weekly sketches of Miruko

Once again following in Murata's footsteps.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

I just assume Aizawa was lying because he wanted to scare the poo poo out of Izuku specifically

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
If Hagakure dyed her hair and put makeup on and colored contact lenses wouldn't she be mostly visible? Especially with a body suit or something like Midnight wore.

Drawing on her face during a sleepover would be a neat gag. Surprised the closest thing to getting covered in paint (Or bleeding) to reveal her was just covered in mushrooms

It's also a little unsettling that she just runs around almost everywhere naked but she's just a gag character that has the least screen time in the show already

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

FAT BATMAN posted:

I remain hopeful that he will eventually develop into a well-rounded mature adult, wincing whenever he remembers how he used to behave in his teens.

Not that I'm defending anything about Mineta in any way, but he has gotten slightly less awful over the series. I can't think of anything perverted he's done since the school festival, although that might also just be due to a lack of screentime.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I can't wait for the final page of the series where Mineta and Izuku finally kiss.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Horikoshi always says Mineta is the character most like him but the final panel will reveal that Mineta actually drew this entire series.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Tampa Bae posted:

It's also a little unsettling that she just runs around almost everywhere naked but she's just a gag character that has the least screen time in the show already

Joke’s on you; she’s in every scene in the series

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

fractalairduct posted:

Not that I'm defending anything about Mineta in any way, but he has gotten slightly less awful over the series. I can't think of anything perverted he's done since the school festival, although that might also just be due to a lack of screentime.

There was that one time he talked to Eri.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Hogama posted:

Horikoshi always says Mineta is the character most like him but the final panel will reveal that Mineta actually drew this entire series.

I mean Mineta is clearly a paper-thin veil for Horikoshi to do things he wants to do while getting narrative cover for them.

Do not hate Mineta, pity him, for he exists to die for Horikoshi's sins

Also he actually gets to be funny sometimes and he's had a few good scenes (the fight against Midnight, where he had his whole gimmick turned right back on him). I think a scene that really stood out for his character was in the first movie where he scales a building with his quirk and gets a genuine thanks and a compliment from Melissa. Does he horn it up? Nope, his eyes well up with tears of happiness and he rallies everyone to keep pushing through.

If Horikoshi leaned less on Mineta's relentless horniness and more on that side of things he'd be better and he generally has been better, although that's also partially because along with a lot of class A he just hasn't shown up as much lately.

E: And if Mineta does have to do horny poo poo just make it like the setup and punchline of A Clockwork Grape because that was actually funny

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Mineta also wears a diaper as a hero outfit, so, like, it's pretty clear what he's there for

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

TheKingofSprings posted:

I mean Mineta is clearly a paper-thin veil for Horikoshi to do things he wants to do while getting narrative cover for them.

Do not hate Mineta, pity him, for he exists to die for Horikoshi's sins

Also he actually gets to be funny sometimes and he's had a few good scenes (the fight against Midnight, where he had his whole gimmick turned right back on him). I think a scene that really stood out for his character was in the first movie where he scales a building with his quirk and gets a genuine thanks and a compliment from Melissa. Does he horn it up? Nope, his eyes well up with tears of happiness and he rallies everyone to keep pushing through.

If Horikoshi leaned less on Mineta's relentless horniness and more on that side of things he'd be better and he generally has been better, although that's also partially because along with a lot of class A he just hasn't shown up as much lately.

E: And if Mineta does have to do horny poo poo just make it like the setup and punchline of A Clockwork Grape because that was actually funny

That's the other big reason he doesn't show up much anymore. Horikoshi realizes he no longer needs to be horny through Mineta when he can just openly draw Mirko whenever he wants.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
My hot Mineta take is that he’s kinda poo poo but him getting dunked on for being a piece of poo poo is a good gag. Him trying to use the peephole and getting jabbed by Jiro’s ear jack was one of the best bits in the series, for instance, and the hot spring bit of him just falling to his death at the top was funny too.

It probably helps that nothing he does is treated as fine, most of the cast are usually “dude, not cool” or I’d feel grosser about his antics.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Mildly uncomfortable seeing the word paunch being used to describe characters who don't have 10% body fat ratio typical of anime girls

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I thought it was sweet when Mineta brought Deku a melon in the hospital. Really the start of their budding romance

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Eej posted:

Mildly uncomfortable seeing the word paunch being used to describe characters who don't have 10% body fat ratio typical of anime girls

It’s simple really, the paunch on Momo is her chest being the size of her head

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
If you think about it, the ideal body shape for Momo to optimize her quirk usage would be "as fat as possible". :thunk:

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Lt. Lizard posted:

If you think about it, the ideal body shape for Momo to optimize her quirk usage would be "as fat as possible". :thunk:

Her hero suit should have a beer hat but filled with gravy instead.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Dig up, thread.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Where do we submit ideas for stupid newbie avatars and why doesn't it then cycle through them on a weekly basis to remind you to buy an avatar

Anshu
Jan 9, 2019

Lt. Lizard posted:

Clearly she needs to join Kirishima interning for Fatgum.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Aw the shadow bird is just neat as hell.

I like the rocket girl. Her design looks kind of high effort compared to the other B-Team people so I suspect that this is not a one-shot character.

Iceman gets some story so that's nice.

A little tired of exploady-boi.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Feliday Melody posted:

Aw the shadow bird is just neat as hell.

I like the rocket girl. Her design looks kind of high effort compared to the other B-Team people so I suspect that this is not a one-shot character.

Iceman gets some story so that's nice.

A little tired of exploady-boi.

I am all in for this new to BNHA reader experience :allears:

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Me too. Keep posting your thoughts as you go through it

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
MHA managed to make a tournament arc both interesting and well-paced. It's kind of amazing.

Agreed that you should keep posting your thoughts!

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
And then it did another tournament arc that was the low point of the entire series so in conclusion, Horikoshi is a land of contrasts

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Eej posted:

And then it did another tournament arc that was the low point of the entire series so in conclusion, Horikoshi is a land of contrasts
I'd say the low point of the series was the messy middle of the Overhaul arc. The anime tightened it up and made it pretty good, so it's easy to forget how much of an unfocused disaster it was at the time.

Edit: Unless you specifically mean the anime, in which case, yeah.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

I love that Tokoyami’s stand is for some reason a sentient entity that is pretty close to the opposite of his edgelord persona. Dark Shadow doesn’t get enough love.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

girl dick energy posted:

MHA managed to make a tournament arc both interesting and well-paced. It's kind of amazing.

Agreed that you should keep posting your thoughts!

Chainsaw Man still has the best tournament arc in modern Jump, but yeah. It's good.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

tournament arcs are often good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

going up to people on the street and asking them to name one bad tournament arc