Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i doubt they would be that far ahead on things, i'm pretty sure netflix mainly just bought the rights to early airing but everything else is roughly the same in that regard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

That and they have yet to announce dubcasting (BUCKLAAAAND)

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aBuqQbw2TI

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I haven't read Jorge myself, but from what I've heard you're in for a wild ride. But you also might want to keep in mind that it's not canon to the main series.

Yeah I'm not finished quite yet but Kars survives the end of the universe, and its rebeginning, and then just chills each time and meets up with himself until the universe ends and restarts exactly 36 times so they can build a giant space ship out of their bodies. lmbo

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Two extra pages for the end of Vol. 27

The wall eyes have returned

Edit: three

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Space Trucking looks very depressed it never got more than a single appearance

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I can't believe it's really only been a month since JoJolion ended. Feels so much longer than that, and I hope we get some sort of JOJOLANDS news sometime soon, like a release date or something.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1438761568477630464?s=20

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Nisio is a big Araki fanboy, right?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I'm the bearded man going :aaa:

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Grouchio posted:

I'm the bearded man going :aaa:

that's koichi!

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

May the Sacred Flame shine forth!

because araki liked him so much he used him twice, from what i gather of cool shock BT, and having read part 4.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Koichi almost got murdered by a hitler cosplayer

e: Also the last chapter which is just Koichi and his family suffering from an entire family of Tamamis who are all scamming and guilting their way into Koichi's house and eating all of their food and taking their stuff and forcing them out of their own house

Also also BT is just proto-Joseph, like damned near everything BT does is the same exact poo poo Joseph would get up to.

I still love the bit where Araki includes advice on how the readers can put a giant killer hornet to sleep so that the reader can put it into another person's pocket. Araki no. Don't tell kids how to do that.

BT is good. Super short but Battle Tendency is a good follow up to it. I wouldn't be surprised if I found out Battle Tendency was picked as a reference to BT what with how similar BT and Joseph are.

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Sep 19, 2021

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I wish more of Araki's pre-JoJo characters had appeared in the games. Baoh was in All Star Battle and he would have fit right into Eyes of Heaven along with the original Irene. I have no idea how you put BT into a fighting game but it's not impossible if Mugen's taught me anything

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

So I've heard that today is the 21st night of September

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M4pWKPvAG8

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

wait

Jojolion ended?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
It finally reached the halfway point

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Seven more years of Gappy picking out what cake to bring to Norisuke.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

JOJOLANDS: The Quest To Fix Joshu's Jerkin' Hand

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I actually had a dream about the next Jojo the other day.

It was called Jojo Land (no s) and the main character was a girl with this beehive hairdo that was mostly white but also blue and maybe black at the bottom and top? It kept changing. She was a paleobotanist, or maybe a farmer. I think it changed over the course of the dream but it was mostly paleobotanist. She was inspecting the soil in a vegetable field in the first scene.

Her stand had a weird name, like 2 names in one with a slash between them. There was a plus sign and the word light in there somewhere. DRIFTING SEA/ + Light the World or something like that. (That wasn’t the name though). I thought it was odd for a name but assumed it was a new song I hadn’t heard of.

I never found out exactly what its powers were, but people online were either saying it seemed too weak and abstract and wouldn’t make for interesting combat, or it was too overpowered and had a ridiculous range.

The logo looked like it said Jojolion: JojoLand and I was kinda disappointed that it was billed as a JJL spinoff, but then I noticed the name SBR over it and realized the logo just had the previous 2 parts written behind it. In my dream this didn’t make it an unreadable mess and I thought it was a subtle way to show it’s the end of a trilogy.

That’s it, that’s my Jojo dream.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I actually had a dream about the next Jojo the other day.

It was called Jojo Land (no s) and the main character was a girl with this beehive hairdo that was mostly white but also blue and maybe black at the bottom and top? It kept changing. She was a paleobotanist, or maybe a farmer. I think it changed over the course of the dream but it was mostly paleobotanist. She was inspecting the soil in a vegetable field in the first scene.

Her stand had a weird name, like 2 names in one with a slash between them. There was a plus sign and the word light in there somewhere. DRIFTING SEA/ + Light the World or something like that. (That wasn’t the name though). I thought it was odd for a name but assumed it was a new song I hadn’t heard of.

I never found out exactly what its powers were, but people online were either saying it seemed too weak and abstract and wouldn’t make for interesting combat, or it was too overpowered and had a ridiculous range.

The logo looked like it said Jojolion: JojoLand and I was kinda disappointed that it was billed as a JJL spinoff, but then I noticed the name SBR over it and realized the logo just had the previous 2 parts written behind it. In my dream this didn’t make it an unreadable mess and I thought it was a subtle way to show it’s the end of a trilogy.

That’s it, that’s my Jojo dream.

You dreamed walked into Araki's headspace and it sounds beautiful

DRIFTING SEA/ + Light the World would be a good stand name though

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

A girl's quest to find out what the gently caress her stand does

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ah, so after the part 4 pastiche, we get a part 5 pastiche.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

"Why did this guy just die after hitting this frog? What the gently caress?"

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
What if it's written like that because it is actually two stands. One is weak and abstract and the other is overpowered.

Except she can't actually control the strong one. It is seemingly running on instinct and she has to use her weak stand in clever ways to influence it.

It is later revealed that she was one of those cases where one twin absorbs the other in the womb, and that is who the other stand belongs to.

rko
Jul 12, 2017
E: ^^^ that’s unironically a cool idea and very Elvis

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

This joke has actually gotten funnier imo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I had a jojo dream but it was just a bunch of speedwagon foundation members having to fight against a stand power they couldn't see. The stand was giant ants that used their mandibles to decapitate people at their nose. The problem was that they couldn't see the stand they were fighting against so they had to judge where it was by estimating their travel speed and numbers entirely off of the time of death of their victims.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

That sounds like an awesome OVA we'll never get.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/MistaHolmes_DX/status/1443079837321621504?s=20

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Finally we can read the greatest Jojo part in the flawless quality it deserves

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/kazumata_oguri/status/1445940023262539781?s=20

Look at Araki's first comment portrait, it's charming.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It's wild to think that Jojo shared the mag with Red Ribbon-era Dragon Ball, Fist of the North Star, Knights of the Zodiac, that series where dogs fight bears, and (the end of) Kinnikuman.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

And Captain Tsubasa

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
part 6 ed confirmed
https://twitter.com/JamiroquaiHQ/status/1448664896816644105

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
That’s perfect if true

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
that would be so loving sick

Longer version here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYCk2udVFvo

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

So a son of a netflix employee leaked the ED song and twelve episode descriptions for stone Ocean.

Can I post the song?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I hope so