Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
I know its the manga thread, but preview 2 is out. I hope its reflective of the art we will see in the movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buIGU86FYFU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo, Megumi Ogata as Yuta?! :stwoon:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'll be real sad if jjk's animation quality ever goes down, it's hands down the best looking anime adaption I've seen of a shonen jump series

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

if mappa doesn't chill tf out you might not see their animators at the studio anymore

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
So is Hakari's ability Subway trains and right now we're seeing a basic implementation of it with these sliding doors? Is he needed because he's a transporter or something?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I really enjoy the simplicity and cleverness of Hakari’s trap. You can kinda assume if Yuji didn’t immediately blow it by pretending he’s never heard of the most legendary sorcerer then eventually he’d slip up and reveal something about Gojo a regular sorcerer shouldn’t know. He got a ton of character in this chapter.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Both of boys are just beefing their diplomacy arent they.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
If you want to understand the Curse Technique easier just think of the Stars as numbers.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

loving lol at how awkward the official tl is just going KIRARA KIRARA KIRARA over and over instead of using any pronouns

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Aurora posted:

loving lol at how awkward the official tl is just going KIRARA KIRARA KIRARA over and over instead of using any pronouns

It’s all cause of that Panda line.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
New Chapter

Poor Itadori, I forgot that despite all his new friends and brothers he's still on track to just take in the rest of Sukuna's fingers and die.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Poor boy had to go through shibuya
This mindset is fully understandable.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Sep 6, 2021

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Some real HxH vibes between Kirara's complex powers and the way Hakari is drawn. The cursed energy outline looks like nen and he's even doing Phink's pose

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
That is not how you throw a punch Hakari. Jesus my wrist hurt just looking at that.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

yum posted:

Some real HxH vibes between Kirara's complex powers and the way Hakari is drawn. The cursed energy outline looks like nen and he's even doing Phink's pose

Yeah its giving me hopes for whats coming next.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Brought To You By posted:

That is not how you throw a punch Hakari. Jesus my wrist hurt just looking at that.

Man's been blessed with a cheese grater soul, all he's gotta do is fling himself at enemies.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I've been getting hxh vibes for a while now, it's good

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Very interesting new chapter https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-158/chapter/23207?action=read

There is no way the Angel will help them at least willingly. She’s an ancient sorcerer incarcerated by Kenjaku, no way would he would be unaware of the threat she poses to his plan as he is the one who brought her back.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
So the implication is that Yuji has another cursed object within him unrelated to Sukuna's fingers? Or is it that Kenjaku masterminded getting Yuji into a scenario where he'd swallow Sukuna's finger.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

TheHan posted:

So the implication is that Yuji has another cursed object within him unrelated to Sukuna's fingers? Or is it that Kenjaku masterminded getting Yuji into a scenario where he'd swallow Sukuna's finger.

The implication is that Kenjaku made a contract with Sukuna a long as time ago that, when he died, his body would become a bunch of cursed objects that Kenjaku could use. Yuji just happened to be the idiot who willingly ate one of these fingers, thus submitting himself to the game that Kenjaku had been planning for a long while.

To yes, the object that brought Itadori Yuji into the game is the finger, but there's no real indication yet that Kenjaku masterminded him being brought in.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

I Am Fowl posted:

The implication is that Kenjaku made a contract with Sukuna a long as time ago that, when he died, his body would become a bunch of cursed objects that Kenjaku could use. Yuji just happened to be the idiot who willingly ate one of these fingers, thus submitting himself to the game that Kenjaku had been planning for a long while.

To yes, the object that brought Itadori Yuji into the game is the finger, but there's no real indication yet that Kenjaku masterminded him being brought in.

But Kenjaku may have made it so that Yuji could host him, after all Kenjaku is probably Yuji's mom.

Also I am pretty sure that the Ancient Sorcerer Hajime from 400 years probably made his pact with Kenjaku in order to fight Sukuna. He was active 600 years after Sukuna died so being told that the King of Curses would be in the Culling game probably got him to participate

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Sep 12, 2021

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Kenjaku just gives me the impression he has dozens of projects (Cursed Womb Brothers, for example) and lets them run around. Unless we get explicit confirmation that he planned for Yuji to get involved, I think he was just one of his many experiments that happened to be more useful than the rest. It makes more sense, given the variables in play and doesn't make him into an Aizen.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

I Am Fowl posted:

Kenjaku just gives me the impression he has dozens of projects (Cursed Womb Brothers, for example) and lets them run around. Unless we get explicit confirmation that he planned for Yuji to get involved, I think he was just one of his many experiments that happened to be more useful than the rest. It makes more sense, given the variables in play and doesn't make him into an Aizen.

Well we already know he is not Aizen like in his plotting. He already admitted that the only reason he has been able to start his plot over the last year is due to some good luck in events he had nothing to do with, namely Toji’s killing of the star plasma vessel that allowed Tongan to mutate, and Geto’s death which granted him the body he needed.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Love how Hakari immediately goes into suck up mode once he hears about the Zen'in, and then the narration just casually goes "The next day the Zen'in clan is annihilated"

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
https://onepiecechapters.com/chapter/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-159/

speedscan chapters out early

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Gege once again being very socially conscious. Moments like this and Nanami's epiphany in the bakery really elevate the material for me above the usual broad philosophy of a lot of its contemporaries, although maybe I just like hearing my beliefs reaffirmed by someone who draws cool fights.

e: extreme vagueposting on my part was on purpose but it's about the speedscan so I'll spoiler it just in case

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Sep 16, 2021

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Agreed, I really love the empathetic approach to some of the curse users, showing them just get backed into a corner by the various pervasive indignities of life. Even though Junpei's circumstance (bullying) was much more manga-standard than Nanami's or this one, Akutami avoided the pitfall of making him fully give in to revenge and kept him sympathetic. Can't wait to see where this goes, particularly in relation to the culling game.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Gege's Editor: So you want to spend 17 pages detailing how lovely our court system is with no curse fighting or cool stuff happening at all? In Shounen Jump?

Gege: Yea, deal with it. :frogc00l:

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Badass chapter.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Link to it https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-159/chapter/23233?action=read

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

this week's chapter whips

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Gege is so good at getting strong character moments right out the gate. Hiromi doesn’t even use his curse technique but just having him take the gavel and demand everyone stay is powerful and a great way of showing how he’s changing. I would like 10 more character introduction chapters please.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The new Ace Attorney sure looks different but the playable character having a cursed Stand is an innovative mechanic at least.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
His power seems to be based on Lady Justice. As it has it's eyes sewn shut and scales for arms.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I'm all on board for Hiromi. Gege did everything to make us empathize with this guy in one chapter and I am in.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, he's definitely going to murder people with curses. it's assholes who deserve it, though!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

its gonna be hosed up when itadori punches this guys head in :(

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Nah, I think they're gonna be friends. The cast has shrunk a bit so we're due for some new buds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
quite rare for a manga to be so openly dismissive of the japanese justice system right?