Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

yeah, he's definitely going to murder people with curses. it's assholes who deserve it, though!

I wonder if Hiromi having 102 points specifically is meant to imply most if not all of his kills have been people he found guilty of random things. Does he even know there's a culling game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Isn't the thing with these randos getting curse power that they have ancient sorcerer cursed items inside them and are gonna get possessed by ancient bad guys? Cause I think it'd be sweet if we got a new teammate, especially an overworked guy to replace Nanami but isn't it more likely this dude says "None are free of sin!" and bangs his gavel on Megumi's head?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Jerkface posted:

Isn't the thing with these randos getting curse power that they have ancient sorcerer cursed items inside them and are gonna get possessed by ancient bad guys? Cause I think it'd be sweet if we got a new teammate, especially an overworked guy to replace Nanami but isn't it more likely this dude says "None are free of sin!" and bangs his gavel on Megumi's head?

Kenjaku marked two groups as players in the Culling Game. People that had Curse Techniques, but not the Cursed Energy or knowledge to use them. And people he had consume sealed Cursed Objects. He then used remote ritual to activate Idle Transfiguration on all 1000 of them granting the former the ability to utilize their Cursed Techniques and perceive and use Cursed Energy, and the later he granted strength as vessels then unsealed the Cursed Objects allowing a bunch of Ancient Sorcerers to incarnate.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Hiromi rocks, real Nanami vibes, hope Yuji makes him his bro

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Buzzsaw Roomba posted:

Hiromi rocks, real Nanami vibes, hope Yuji makes him his bro

Well I doubt that as the guy has at minimum killed 20 people assuming everyone he killed was a sorcerer player in the Culling Game.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well I doubt that as the guy has at minimum killed 20 people assuming everyone he killed was a sorcerer player in the Culling Game.

What if those 20 people were real buttholes tho

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yuji's killed people too and shonen does love its bad guy redemptions

could see it going either way

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
They're going to try to get this dude to add their rule to the game? If he snapped and murdered everyone in that room I really don't see that happening.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well the crew doesnt know that
Yet

Boy if his cursed technique measures and jufges "sin" how do you think it would react to sukuna.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Well the crew doesnt know that
Yet

Boy if his cursed technique measures and jufges "sin" how do you think it would react to sukuna.

Sukuna would chop him into 10 billion pieces.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
poking sukuna with cursed energy to check his sins or anything else would be a very bad idea.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
Stack overflow.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Jose posted:

quite rare for a manga to be so openly dismissive of the japanese justice system right?

It actually seems pretty common for various Japanese media to comment on the justice system almost universally finding defendants guilty.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ytlaya posted:

It actually seems pretty common for various Japanese media to comment on the justice system almost universally finding defendants guilty.

Anyone who even vaguely pays attention realizes it's broken. As no system should have such a high conviction rate.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The best ever ask tell thread was the American guy who got caught growing weed on Japanese government land and they had no idea what to do because he refused to confess

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Japan only instituted jury trials in the last decade I think. Confessions are the gold standard and are accepted even if what is being confessed to is impossible.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Speedscans

https://onepiecechapters.com/chapter/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-160/

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Welp that confirms it.

the countdown has me hyped. everytime the manga actively states time things start to get really interesting.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Fabricated posted:

Japan only instituted jury trials in the last decade I think. Confessions are the gold standard and are accepted even if what is being confessed to is impossible.

thank you, phoenix wright

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i did not expect itadori's occult club friends to show up again. cool

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Aurora posted:

i did not expect itadori's occult club friends to show up again. cool

I did not expect Itadori to be referred to as "son" but maybe I haven't been paying very good attention

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I did not expect Itadori to be referred to as "son" but maybe I haven't been paying very good attention

You seemingly haven't. We've already seen that Kenjaku is Itadori's mother. The big surprise here is that he seemingly actually cares for him, though I imagine it's purely because he can use him.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Hakari looks really weird from behind.

That was surprisingly decent of not-Gedo.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Official translation
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1009953

I still really like that quick look into what is even happening inside these spaces.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
I like to think that even if the rules didn't apply Kenjaku still would've given the occult club a helping hand :3:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

TheHan posted:

I like to think that even if the rules didn't apply Kenjaku still would've given the occult club a helping hand :3:

Not only were they nice to his darling boy but the attachments they formed led to him eating the finger! Of course he's grateful.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
New one featuring new and maybe one old face.
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-161/chapter/23282?action=read

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I can't tell who the guy that recognizes him is supposed to be

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The couple with aircraft hair are fun designs.

Aurora posted:

I can't tell who the guy that recognizes him is supposed to be

My brain keeps saying it's Junpei somehow, but there's no way.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
It sure as hell looks like Junpei. Maybe because of what was done with Mahito, it counts as a "contract made with a sorcerer"?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Someone said he looks a bit like a disguised Arata Nitta.

It's also possible he's someone we don't know, and maybe he's a student from Itadori's old school or something.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
I like that now that the conservative Jujutsu families have lost control people with more modern curse techniques are coming outta the woodwork.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TheHan posted:

I like that now that the conservative Jujutsu families have lost control people with more modern curse techniques are coming outta the woodwork.

Well these were all normal modern people until a short while ago.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well these were all normal modern people until a short while ago.

The flying duo seem too proficient to have just been normal people before this(though I think a few weeks have passed since the game started so maybe a lot happened), and since their techniques are modern they probably aren’t ancient sorcerers either. I guess they’re modern sorcerers that willingly entered the Culling game for some reason?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Doesn't every cursed technique user in Japan have to take part in the game no matter what?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Ethiser posted:

Doesn't every cursed technique user in Japan have to take part in the game no matter what?

no? why would they have done a whole arc of convincing a dude to join the games then?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
No, because the game has some sense of "fairness", which is why people who start off in the zones get a chance to leave. The only people required to participate are those with contracts and those who have the cursed objects in them, because based on the rules, that counts as consent.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

RatHat posted:

The flying duo seem too proficient to have just been normal people before this(though I think a few weeks have passed since the game started so maybe a lot happened), and since their techniques are modern they probably aren’t ancient sorcerers either. I guess they’re modern sorcerers that willingly entered the Culling game for some reason?
I think it’s been 13 days since the Culling Game began as Tsumiki has 7 days left before she needs to participate. When Kenjaku gave a bunch of normal people access to their innate Curse Techniques, it apparently also included knowledge of them and how to use Curse Energy. These guys don’t seem like Establishment Sorcerers or Curse Users. So I would bet normal people who just recently awakened their techniques and used to picking off normal people who enter the barrier.

Ethiser posted:

I think your thinking about Tengen saying a Curse fell upon everyone in Japan when the Culling game started. But that’s talking about the massive barrier the Culling Game is powering that will prepare everyone to merge with Tengan.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Chapter 162:
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-162/chapter/23387?action=read

You know it makes perfect sense for that dude to be some rando that went to the same school as Itadori, still don't know why my brain was telling me different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Electric Phantasm posted:

Chapter 162:
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-162/chapter/23387?action=read

You know it makes perfect sense for that dude to be some rando that went to the same school as Itadori, still don't know why my brain was telling me different.

It's what I thought he was.