Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Dying while wrestling? Happened (sporadically) in other companies before, probably can happen again. Dying because of a lack of safety protocols and general negligence for a de facto dangerous stunt? Probably not within a culture like AEW's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

IGgy IGsen posted:

Personally I'm more for "I can't wipe the AEW stain off"

Oh it's gone, I'm glad I screenshot it to mock it elsewhere:

And no, unfortunately it was just that tweet that was deleted. The account is still there.

E: haha, set their account to private.
I can't stop associating this tweet with that Evangelion scene which makes it both funny and horrifying

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Coaaab posted:

Dying while wrestling? Happened (sporadically) in other companies before, probably can happen again. Dying because of a lack of safety protocols and general negligence for a de facto dangerous stunt? Probably not within a culture like AEW's.

Matt has come the closest

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Tampa Bae posted:

I can't stop associating this tweet with that Evangelion scene which makes it both funny and horrifying

Paul says "I'm so hosed up" as he looks at the AEW stain on his hand. It will not wipe off.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/KateOnDeckIC/status/1440020114062168071?s=19

Narrator: It did not pay off everything

e: oh, whoops, I didn't even check this person's timeline lmao, ignore this

Venomous fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Sep 20, 2021

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
She's clearly trolling, her timeline is full of intentionally bad takes.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/WWEGareth/status/1440013208983638020?s=20

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Deleted in the time I copied the link and posted it here. Thankfully, I got a screenshot:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I think twitter is just exploding.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Today really seems to be one of those days where you need to screenshot your tweets.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

karmicknight posted:

I think twitter is just exploding.
Twitter is currently down yeah.

Freezer-burn take: Most of the people mad about AEW partnering with Martha and starting this memorial either didn't see him while he was alive or weren't fans of his, they're just mad that AEW is giving him a tribute. When Dark Side of the Ring's episode on Owen came out I want to see what their takes were on Martha

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
The weirdos get mad every time AEW does something good, which happens all the time so they're in a constant state of seething.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

BTW I hate people going after "casuals". That's not a real thing. If you watch wrestling and start to like it you are no longer a casual fan. You're just a fan. And if you're a fan who stops watching you don't go back to casual. You just aren't a fan anymore.

It's like saying "AEW actually sucks because I mean how many unicorns have they gotten to start tuning in?"

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

drat that WWEGareth.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Cole: "OHHH MYYYYY.... COULD IT BE? IT'S GARRY!"

WWEGareth: "It's Gareth :smith: "

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Shard posted:

BTW I hate people going after "casuals". That's not a real thing. If you watch wrestling and start to like it you are no longer a casual fan. You're just a fan. And if you're a fan who stops watching you don't go back to casual. You just aren't a fan anymore.

It's like saying "AEW actually sucks because I mean how many unicorns have they gotten to start tuning in?"

To me, "casual wrestling fan" sounds like someone who puts wrestling on for background noise but doesn't really pay much attention to it, like if they're doing dishes or folding laundry or something

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/VGzeitgeist/status/1440027799536865283?s=19

I love this gextor because theyve given up bad faith interpretations for inventing their own reality.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I love the legal takes.

https://twitter.com/ThePJMichaels1/status/1439997489994678279

troll for dollars
Jan 10, 2005

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Cole: "OHHH MYYYYY.... COULD IT BE? IT'S GARRY!"

WWEGareth: "It's Gareth :smith: "

The Cofishioner would make a great gimmick.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
oh man, now I'm going to re-listen to the cofishener episode.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Casual wrestling fans are the boomers asleep on their recliner while Raw is on in the background.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

lmao the usual suspects are melting down over the owen stuff

https://mobile.twitter.com/HecBitw/status/1440031185430745094

e:

https://mobile.twitter.com/HecBitw/status/1440035520403234818

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sydney Bottocks posted:

they're doing dishes or folding laundry or something

This is most of WWE's audience, yes

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/TownTrojan/status/1440027055543001092

https://twitter.com/TownTrojan/status/1439977846718480391

Now here's a new angle!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ICR's evil mirror twin

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

his relative’s cv also includes a lengthy stint in Nintendo, specifically in their Pokémon Secrets division

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I wonder if this dude's uncle also used to work for Nintendo and knew about all of the secret games they never released

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/SeanCarlucci/status/1440041934488162313

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/badbryantakes/status/1440057133861511168?s=21

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I'm glad we're talking about the real victims.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

What's especially fun about that one is a) AEW have already done a memorial for one of their talents, it was widely regarded as fantastic, emotional & tasteful. b) AEW wrestlers not dying is somehow a bad thing?

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

*in the Steamed Hams voice*

"What if...we killed our own talent and used their death to pop a rating for a tribute show? Delightfully devilish, Tony."

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
As soon as my friend texted me about the Owen news I knew this thread was gonna deliver

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

...Does he know AEW employs Vickie?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

AEW is doing the wrestling version of when the Mormon church converts dead people and you're all just clapping along

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

AEW is doing the wrestling version of when the Mormon church converts dead people and you're all just clapping along

I clapped then too!

bartok
May 10, 2006

Gumball Gumption posted:

Anne Frank is #AllElite

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

WWE is simple, easy to consume entertainment. It doesn't require a cult like passion, or for you to watch YouTube shows and follow international promotions to know whats going on. Its just here's this guy and his character and style, here's this other guy, here's why they're fighting, $4.99/mo to watch the payoff on Peacock. The talent is just sooooo much better in WWE, and by that I mean everyone in WWE, from Randy Orton to Rick Boogs is crisp and confident in what they do. Not trying to do moves they don't know how to and putting eachother at risk to try and pop the crowd and get noticed. Not to mention they take their physique and health seriously in WWE whereas part of the creative freedom in AEW seems to be the freedom to look like poo poo on live TV.

Thats not even getting into the women, WWE has women that are some of the best wrestlers in the world regardless of gender, Sasha Banks is 5x the worker anybody in AEW is save for Christian and Danielson types. You can say the storylines are corny and the characters are made for kids but at least they have storylines and characters that get fully fleshed out on TV. But WWE takes the in-ring work so much more seriously than AEW and they don't need to throw themselves through glass and barbed wire and bleed all over the place, or kick out of 75 super kicks to have great matches. For me its like comparing the Foo Fighters to some indy rock band. Yeah the foo fighters are poppy and do a safe family friendly show focused on playing the hits but they're loving professionals and give you an awesome 3hr show everytime and thats what I'm looking for.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Remember when Vince bought all the top guys in the territories?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

forkboy84 posted:

At this point I should put my cards on the table & say that Tomohiro Ishii is basically my Platonic ideal of a wrestler.

Big body, no neck, tiny head. It is the perfect wrestler body

edit: Of course the most deranged accounts think that this is a slight on the WWE. Meanwhile Fiending 4 Follows is just like "hey AEW is actually pretty cool" cementing him as the mildest wrestling twitter weirdo.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Sep 20, 2021