Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

thank you, i like magic cards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Germany should execute that man. Any other outcome is not justice.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
how did daily deaths suddenly plummet to <500? weren't we at like 2500/day a week ago?

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

mod sassinator posted:

everything is fine there is nothing to worry about in washington state

https://www.king5.com/article/news/...d1-3a94b6789019

seattle people please continue going to restaurants, bars, and concerts. everything is fine and there is no worry that the medical system is about to collapse or anything

Mid-July eh? I wonder what was two weeks before mid-July? Oh right that was when Washington rolled back all its Covid restrictions.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

how did daily deaths suddenly plummet to <500? weren't we at like 2500/day a week ago?

covid is over!

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

I think some red states announced they were going to stop counting/reporting them?

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OK baizuo posted:

Convinced my partner to get an mmr booster today :woop:

Well done!

Trial of 3000+ healthcare workers should have results out by November:

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/study/NCT04333732

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Nonsense posted:

COVID is over

https://twitter.com/BillyCorben/status/1373408946455769089

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Lovelyn posted:

A few pages back, but this is unfolding at my hospital. They stopped our retirement contributions for a while, and won't offer hazard pay for regular shifts or an increase in base pay. They're strongly encouraging us to attend self care seminars where they teach us pearls of wisdom like getting enough sleep and doing something meaningful with our leisure time, meanwhile we're having to take 3:1 ICU runs and dealing with up to 4 deaths per shift (which is uh...high) but they if we pick up an extra shift on top of the horror we've already signed up for they throw cash at us like there's no tomorrow

Holy poo poo. The rest aside (and it shouldn’t be) if my employer tried this I’d immediately stop working and go find a position elsewhere. Is there special training required to be a travel nurse, because if admin is going to gently caress you over like that why stay?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Lovelyn posted:

A few pages back, but this is unfolding at my hospital. They stopped our retirement contributions for a while, and won't offer hazard pay for regular shifts or an increase in base pay. They're strongly encouraging us to attend self care seminars where they teach us pearls of wisdom like getting enough sleep and doing something meaningful with our leisure time, meanwhile we're having to take 3:1 ICU runs and dealing with up to 4 deaths per shift (which is uh...high) but they if we pick up an extra shift on top of the horror we've already signed up for they throw cash at us like there's no tomorrow

thats loving insane

how can anyone resume normalcy "after covid" is beyond me without some goddamn labor revolution

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Weaponized Autism posted:

Covid? At Church??

covid is a very polite virus and won't infect people in certain places. it doesn't go to churches or schools and you can't get it when you're eating or drinking. you are also 100% safe on a plane. anything that would be very difficult or impossible to do safely really, covid has agreed not to infect people then

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

They don't report poo poo over the weekend through monday or tuesday

We get the bulk of reports backdated on wednesday - Friday, you gotta go with averages over seven days taken on Friday.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Lastgirl posted:

thats loving insane

how can anyone resume normalcy "after covid" is beyond me without some goddamn labor revolution

you can't actually live with the virus. things can't go back to normal. that isn't going to stop 90% of the country from doing their best to arrogantly assert that things are totally fine while everyone around them gets sick and dies and the nation collapses.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/WOWT6News/status/1440089192814596099

Apr 7, 2003

Stereotype posted:

you can't actually live with the virus. things can't go back to normal. that isn't going to stop 90% of the country from doing their best to arrogantly assert that things are totally fine while everyone around them gets sick and dies and the nation collapses.

lol yeah, we've been living with covid for 14 months now. We've been 'reopening and going back to normal' for 14 months now. This is what living with it looks like.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Lastgirl posted:

thats loving insane

this is the new normal

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

lol yeah, we've been living with covid for 14 months now. We've been 'reopening and going back to normal' for 14 months now. This is what living with it looks like.

no you see we just have to convince more people that we have to go back to normal! things aren't normal because people still think that they need to be scared of the virus, but maybe if we screech loud enough and are as irresponsible and social as possible those people will be convinced. cough.

Apr 7, 2003

I've been spending some time looking at advertisements on Youtube from June 2020 to now and it's all "WE'RE REOPENING! EVERYTHING IS NORMAL AGAIN! SPEND SPEND SPEND! BACK TO NORMAL!"

Literally prehistoric man lighting the fire and saying the magic words over and over again and expecting the spirits to respond

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/fanxsaltlake/status/1438978191981309954

https://twitter.com/SchottHappens/status/1438715053641924610

https://twitter.com/katiesmovies/status/1440087972494274569

https://twitter.com/ThursdaysBard/status/1439966695838285831

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
https://twitter.com/ryanmasri_/status/1280195665302376453

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Stereotype posted:

i know lol hence :airquote: "after covid" :airquote:

im so loving tired

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

@240 lbs, covid took one look at his BMI and decided it could take him

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/tomeblen/status/1440078498119307265

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Death. The capricious dance of Now You Stop Moving Forever.
Hello and good Monday to you all! Updated weekly Cases/Hospitalizations/Deaths update from Washington State in animated form:

Cases:

https://i.imgur.com/9Tw9i6b.mp4

Hospitalizations:

https://i.imgur.com/jL7L8gJ.mp4

Deaths:

https://i.imgur.com/hWWdNcM.mp4

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

I've been spending some time looking at advertisements on Youtube from June 2020 to now and it's all "WE'RE REOPENING! EVERYTHING IS NORMAL AGAIN! SPEND SPEND SPEND! BACK TO NORMAL!"

Literally prehistoric man lighting the fire and saying the magic words over and over again and expecting the spirits to respond

i do know a lot of people who have been convinced by the propaganda. it sucks because the nation is belittling and even demonizing the people who are rightfully staying home and keeping themselves safe in the midst of a pandemic, but also those people are preventing things from getting even worse. the money that controls the government is just aggressively agitating for mass death and also ignoring that death.

Apr 7, 2003

Lastgirl posted:

im so loving tired

poo poo ain't gonna fool me again this year, I've got beans and respirators and enough entertainment to get me through the winter.

Apr 7, 2003

Stereotype posted:

i do know a lot of people who have been convinced by the propaganda. it sucks because the nation is belittling and even demonizing the people who are rightfully staying home and keeping themselves safe in the midst of a pandemic, but also those people are preventing things from getting even worse. the money that controls the government is just aggressively agitating for mass death and also ignoring that death.

It's sort of shocking just how long they've managed to ride that propaganda without anyone in mass media saying "hey, we've been doing this for over a year now and nothing's gotten better" though. Pretty impressive.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Lastgirl posted:

thats loving insane

the people in charge are certain that we're all going to just accept that covid is over, ignoring how many people die and how much we're sacrificing just to get kicked in the face in return

so far seems that they're right

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Lovelyn posted:

loving hell, if we survive for another couple of months, how many hcw's will we have left for the next surge?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Raiad posted:

the people in charge are certain that we're all going to just accept that covid is over, ignoring how many people die and how much we're sacrificing just to get kicked in the face in return

americans are a cucked people

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
when people look back at this time in the future a few years won't seem like very long and they'll wonder why everyone had such a big problem with it. i want to be able to look back proudly that i was able to isolate and avoid catching the pandemic disease for an overall pretty sort time period. apparently most people can't sacrifice anything for any length of time. most people are selfish myopic greedy monsters.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

god drat it why is this surprising to anyone

I went to a massive event (safely) and got covid!

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

6 years later and people are still mystified by weekend numbers

Apr 7, 2003

Raiad posted:

I can't recommend Dan Carlin's "Supernova in the East" podcast series enough, a big part of the impetus to drop the atomic bomb (quite possibly consent manufacturing) was the massive number of American deaths on Peleliu and Okinawa, and American mothers writing letters to generals saying "how many deaths are too many? When is this no longer worth it?"

The United States lost 111,606 dead or missing and another 253,142 wounded in the entire Pacific theater in WW2. We stopped giving a gently caress about dead Americans some time between 1945 and 2019.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

It's sort of shocking just how long they've managed to ride that propaganda without anyone in mass media saying "hey, we've been doing this for over a year now and nothing's gotten better" though. Pretty impressive.

can't pull a "people are getting impatient" narrative because the anti-vaxxers/maga people already drew that card early in the year so all focus gets catered to them and we hold their hands to get a better understanding why we should just gently caress off and die if we can't handle a flu

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:lol:

The National Guard isn't required to be vaxxed until June

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
so many words are meaningless now. science, safety, endemic, risk, sustainability. they're all just meaningless buzzwords that you can hastily tack onto anything. nothing matters.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Stereotype posted:

when people look back at this time in the future a few years won't seem like very long and they'll wonder why everyone had such a big problem with it. i want to be able to look back proudly that i was able to isolate and avoid catching the pandemic disease for an overall pretty sort time period. apparently most people can't sacrifice anything for any length of time. most people are selfish myopic greedy monsters.

idk if it's "most people," america and probably western society in general train us to be selfish pricks and delights in punishing the people who try to care about others

Apr 7, 2003

Lastgirl posted:

americans are a cucked people

lol yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
it's insane that like 99% of people can't put on a mask without being pissed off about it. it's like, you wear shoes and pants every single day how loving difficult is just adding a mask, but no, lib and chud alike, everyone is loving raring to take that mask off