Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Shammypants posted:

It doesn't look like that the situation so far?

Just saying, the conservatives said if they hold Trudeau to a minority then they've made a great success big victory, or whatever rationale they're using.

Are there any particular battleground ridings I should be watching right now since it's been called for Trudeau?

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Sep 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

PPC has more votes than NDP in my district lol

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Arc Hammer posted:

So if the Liberals lost three seats does that make this a resounding victory for O'Toole?

He's currently doing better than Scheer so... maybe?

NDP has won a few more seats too.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Someone should get the Marxist-Leninists in on this, crack this whole thing wide open.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
O'Toole staying on as leader tomorow?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Chuka Umana posted:

O'Toole staying on as leader tomorow?

Probably, until the leadership review.

You can only select a warm sack of mayonnaise so many times

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Bad night for fascists

https://twitter.com/cspotweet/status/1440143279010451467?s=20

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Man the Greens are fourth in Victoria right now, the last few years they've been neck and neck with the NDP for first. The new leader completely tanked their popularity (although I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of the more woo lot were super anti-vax and voted PPC)

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I wonder what will piss off conservatives more.

That Trudeau won

or

The fact CBC will continue to exist.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

Alctel posted:

Man the Greens are fourth in Victoria right now, the last few years they've been neck and neck with the NDP for first. The new leader completely tanked their popularity (although I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of the more woo lot were super anti-vax and voted PPC)

I haven't been following the party's drama over the few years, but the Green leader seemed woke as gently caress in the debate. I thought the Greens would get more young people votes.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Yeah committing party seppuku because one of your candidates supported Palestine is super woke.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Lol

Lmao

I guess we won’t need a new OP after all

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Arivia posted:

Lol

Lmao

I guess we won’t need a new OP after all

Whats old is new, forever the cycle of CanPol

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

i'd forgotten about that loser

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

Less Fat Luke posted:

Yeah committing party seppuku because one of your candidates supported Palestine is super woke.

I hadn't heard of this scandal but I looked it up and yea that loving sucks but she went after the BQ guy at the debate over racism!!

pesty13480
Nov 13, 2002

Ask me about peasant etymology!
Is anyone expecting the mail-ins tomorrow to change things, really, in any direction?

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.
The dumbest MP in Parliament, Nelly Shin, has been turfed. That alone justifies this election IMO.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

The NDP second? Wtf?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

lol they're showing on cbc how the PPC cost the CPC at least 9 seats.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Wistful of Dollars posted:

lol they're showing on cbc how the PPC cost the CPC at least 9 seats.

:sickos:

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Kinda telling that if the person didn't have the choice of voting for PPC they would instead choose conservative.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

the combination of Conrad Black telling people to vote PPC + the PPC costing the CPC seats + Bernier not even winning a seat is :discourse:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
E-May on Global right now trashing everyone including Annamie Paul. She's probably gunning for her old job back now that everyone else around her has fallen by the wayside.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Arc Hammer posted:

Just saying, the conservatives said if they hold Trudeau to a minority then they've made a great success big victory, or whatever rationale they're using.

Are there any particular battleground ridings I should be watching right now since it's been called for Trudeau?

Vancouver-Granville, JWR's riding. Very tight race between NDP and Liberal

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

thehoodie posted:

I voted for the NDP. Glad the cons and PPC aren't even featuring here

Orthanc6
Nov 4, 2009
Vancouver-Granville is neck-in-neck between the brand new NDP candidate and the Liberal home-flipper. I would have rather this election not wasted millions of dollars, but if Anjali flips this seat for the first time I will be ecstatic. She's currently leading with 67% of polls in.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

reminder that the seat in Spadina-Fort York will be independent if Vuong wins.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Lol who the gently caress is Mike Morrice. The new Paul Manly, that's who.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
The usual whiners are already saying Alberta needs to separate.

What a laugh.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

MakaVillian posted:

The NDP second? Wtf?

Banff is pretty progressive, along with Canmore in the riding. Airdrie is basically a satellite bedroom community of Calgary so that skews it heavily for the Cons. In an ideal world this sort of result would mean that Blake Richards would take into consideration the views and opinions of his Left constituents, but this being the dumbest Canada in the dumbest timeline means he just does whatever his bosses tell him to do.

Also loving LOL at the Beaverton tonight:
https://twitter.com/TheBeaverton/status/1440149527273488391

Reminder that this is the waste of his daddy's erection who read into parliamentary record the manifesto of the Christchurch mass shooter in front of the Commons justice committee. Cooper, the MP for St. Albert-Edmonton, was dropped from the committee by Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer after he provoked an angry backlash by confronting a Muslim witness who was testifying about online hate speech during a late May committee hearing. The Alberta MP told Faisal Khan Suri he should be "ashamed" after he drew a link between "conservative commentators" and the online history of Quebec mosque shooter Alexandre Bissonnette.

So yeah, gently caress that guy. St. Albert doesn't deserve that albatross around their collective necks.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

lol

he's like the canadian michael gove

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

thehoodie posted:

Oh holy poo poo. A friend was heading out this afternoon to do GotV in this riding for the NDP. I thought it was kind of a shot in the dark / faint hope kind of situation. If it flips that'll be amazing!

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
I grew up in St. Albert. I got better.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

also lol that no matter how ghoulish Kenney has been for Alberta, people are still proudly voting blue

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

ZeeBoi posted:

also lol that no matter how ghoulish Kenney has been for Alberta, people are still proudly voting blue

Yeah, people on the left and media seem to think that Alberta is anti UCP right now with how bad they have hosed up covid, but I don't see how these results support that. Outside of a few ridings Alberta loves conservative governments that want them to die

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The house of commons wouldn't be the same without bad faith drunk rear end wine mom Michelle Rempel.

Orthanc6
Nov 4, 2009

sleep with the vicious posted:

Yeah, people on the left and media seem to think that Alberta is anti UCP right now with how bad they have hosed up covid, but I don't see how these results support that. Outside of a few ridings Alberta loves conservative governments that want them to die

It is possible that there could be future Provincial losses despite a very robust Federal result. It bodes well for the ghoul, but it's no guarantee.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

sleep with the vicious posted:

No the thing they got wrong is that dislike/hatred of the current UCP government would translate to CPC loses. The UCP would get (relatively) crushed if an election was held this year.

Lars Blitzer posted:

Banff is pretty progressive, along with Canmore in the riding. Airdrie is basically a satellite bedroom community of Calgary so that skews it heavily for the Cons. In an ideal world this sort of result would mean that Blake Richards would take into consideration the views and opinions of his Left constituents, but this being the dumbest Canada in the dumbest timeline means he just does whatever his bosses tell him to do.

I know Canmore is pretty progressive, surprised that Banff would be given how much money you need to have to live there. Also Airdrie dwarfs those 2 towns, so it's still a little surprising that the NDP is 2nd.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

lol CPC down 14 points in AB and CBC is blaming it on Kenny

PPC may end up costing the CPC 3 seats in AB :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Wistful of Dollars posted:

lol CPC down 14 points in AB and CBC is blaming it on Kenny

PPC may end up costing the CPC 3 seats in AB :laffo:

mind sharing the source on this?