Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

moonrise kingdom ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

My favorite is Moonrise Kingdom due to heartwarming New England Boy Scout in the woods during a storm nostalgia, followed by Fantastic Mr Fox and I guess it’d have to be uh. I don’t remember which other one I saw the most. I guess Rushmore or Life Aquatic. Or the other one.

it may also be my fav for similar reasons

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

New Englandish setting? Insane soundtrack? Young dorky Love? You just earned yourself 5 stars from me.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

finally home and less than 10 minutes into Midnight Mass, you can tell it's like an adaptation of a lost late 80s Stephen king novel. some kid about to ride a bicycle said something "that's great, mom, well and truly" and you can picture what he was thinking in the parenthesized italics

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Speaking of Amadeus that’s a great fuckin movie. F Murray Abraham ftw, he’s so good in grand Budapest hotel too!!!

it's a nearly perfect film I think. actually both of them are. gently caress I love movies so much.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bicyclops posted:

so much for my plans to start Midnight Mass. trying not to complain too much but I'm getting very tired of sitting in the ER waiting room, lol.

it's apparently going to be four hours before a doctor is available.

thoughts and prayers even though it looks like it worked out. also I really want to watch a movie based on your life because i think it would at the very least be entertaining.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Klowner posted:

it's a nearly perfect film I think. actually both of them are. gently caress I love movies so much.

Hell, same

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

The Klowner posted:

also I really want to watch a movie based on your life because i think it would at the very least be entertaining.

A Nightmare on Imp Street

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Watched The Hunger starring David Bowie. Wild movie, you see David Bowie's rear end and then he's in hideous old man makeup for the rest of the movie

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

GorfZaplen posted:

Watched The Hunger starring David Bowie. Wild movie, you see David Bowie's rear end and then he's in hideous old man makeup for the rest of the movie

You also see his rear end in Ziggy Stardust the Motion Picture, one of the all time great concert films

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

New Englandish setting? Insane soundtrack? Young dorky Love? You just earned yourself 5 stars from me.

:cheerdoge:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Also the 30 mins of the english dub of Squid Game I saw was enough to get me to seek out the rest of it but I have a feeling I'll like the premise for 5 episodes and then something totally embarrassing will happen like with the Elizabeth Olsen marvel TV Show and a million other things that came out since 9/11.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

WandaVision. Sorry I forgot the name, but I shan't forget that face.

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

I don't think I've ever watched a single Wes Anderson movie. I've listened to the soundtrack to life aquatic but that's it. Which one should I watch first?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Wormskull posted:

Also the 30 mins of the english dub of Squid Game I saw was enough to get me to seek out the rest of it but I have a feeling I'll like the premise for 5 episodes and then something totally embarrassing will happen like with the Elizabeth Olsen marvel TV Show and a million other things that came out since 9/11.

just finished episode 4 and it's still p good, the premise is absurd and goofy but they do cool stuff with it and the actors are all really good. also does one or two unexpected things instead of the obvious

also very funny to me that they have branded logos on the water bottles they give the people for lunch

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Big Bizness posted:

I don't think I've ever watched a single Wes Anderson movie. I've listened to the soundtrack to life aquatic but that's it. Which one should I watch first?

Your favorite poster's favorite.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Start with Bottle Rocket II starring Clint Howard.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Big Bizness posted:

I hate this poo poo. gently caress you man. Just watch a movie and stfu.

Schizo Other Forums Guy: Read several Polygon reviews and triangulated them with my most trusted socially parasitic homeboys imaginable. Turns out I should *holds finger to temple* become bisexual?

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I hate this poo poo. gently caress you man. Just watch a movie and stfu.

Schizo Other Forums Guy: Read several Polygon reviews and triangulated them with my most trusted socially parasitic homeboys imaginable. Turns out I should *holds finger to temple* become bisexual?

Was just looking for a suggestion mang

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

"What is the Proper Way to binge these movies. Nnnhlaven. (Pinky sound, from Pinky & the Brain) I only know happiness from watching the Marvel/Harry Potter movies in order." -6'5" 85lb guy

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Never saw it but didn't seem like I would get it either

Moonrise Kingdom is an underrated fall movie, so fuckin nice looking

I really liked it. I don't get the hate.

Big Bizness posted:

look I get it because I'm also a retard who can't sit still for a full movie sometimes but it really is as easy as pulling open a list of his movies on Amazon and just picking one to watch for $3 or whatever.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Big Bizness posted:

bottle rocket came out first so start with that. then watch the rest of them.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

watching once upon a time in hollywood

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

"What is the Proper Way to binge these movies. Nnnhlaven. (Pinky sound, from Pinky & the Brain) I only know happiness from watching the Marvel/Harry Potter movies in order." -6'5" 85lb guy

I didn’t know they stacked poo poo that high

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I've only watched Grand Budapest and really didn't enjoy it, found it far too twee and self-effacing or something. I dunno I'm not good at explaining why movies work for me or not, that one just didn't

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Dongicus posted:

watching once upon a time in hollywood

dudes rock

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I've only watched Grand Budapest and really didn't enjoy it, found it far too twee and self-effacing or something. I dunno I'm not good at explaining why movies work for me or not, that one just didn't

even though i like grand budapest a lot i do know what you mean. i think that once wes anderson dropped owen wilson as a writing partner his inner twee sensibility kind of went unchecked. the owen wilson ones (bottle rocket, rushmore, royal tenenbaums) are really in a category of their own

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmao

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol

it's particularly funny because Wes Anderson films are often mentioned specifically as the thing that breaks algorithm recommendations. AI is particularly bad at recommending ones that people will like based on their previous choices and the only people who can tell you which ones you'd like are people who know you.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

i normaly do not like leo but he is very good in this

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0CSSykJ9aE

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Leo’s best acting was in OUATIH. The scene where he breaks down describing the cowboy book he’s reading, and the one with the tantrum he throws in the trailer, perfect.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
just watched “prisoners of the ghostland” with a few friends. one of the worst movies ive ever seen. absolutely godawful. trash. easily lands in the all-time bottom three with the last airbender and dream house.

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?
I like Isle of Dogs.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Dongicus posted:

i normaly do not like leo but he is very good in this

absolutely. i like him a lot in django as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia