Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

It's the anime I'm watching haha.

Maybe I'm in the wrong thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Yeah, we are going to spoil the hell out of current happenings and oh boy do you not want that. There's an anime thread somewhere around these parts.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Yeah, we are going to spoil the hell out of current happenings and oh boy do you not want that. There's an anime thread somewhere around these parts.

Jokes on you. I don't know the names of any characters so I'm hard to spoil.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
The anime thread if you need it: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3963453

I'd advise following that one instead so you don't accidentally find out that Mineta was the traitor or that Eri is actually a clone of Shigaraki,

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
oops

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Sickos

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I admittedly have not read all of Vigilantes, though I have read enough to know what's going on with Koichi's Quirk and his mom's suppression of it. My only issue with the recent chapters has been the frequent use of

Six: Haha, now I will do this thing that kills Koichi.
Six: Oh no, I'm blindsided by this thing that prevents me from killing Koichi.

I feel like that's been a frequent cliffhanger or, at least, a frequent subject of chapters.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I admittedly have not read all of Vigilantes, though I have read enough to know what's going on with Koichi's Quirk and his mom's suppression of it. My only issue with the recent chapters has been the frequent use of

Six: Haha, now I will do this thing that kills Koichi.
Six: Oh no, I'm blindsided by this thing that prevents me from killing Koichi.

I feel like that's been a frequent cliffhanger or, at least, a frequent subject of chapters.

For a big chunk of it the point is that Six is desperately trying to make his gimmick work and it isn't working and he tries harder which just makes it work less because he's fighting specifically in the Crawler's strong space. In comparison in the most recent chapter it seems like he had a fairly good chance of straight-up winning until he got Fuckin' Dusted.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

lmbo

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

ImpAtom posted:

For a big chunk of it the point is that Six is desperately trying to make his gimmick work and it isn't working and he tries harder which just makes it work less because he's fighting specifically in the Crawler's strong space. In comparison in the most recent chapter it seems like he had a fairly good chance of straight-up winning until he got Fuckin' Dusted.

Yeah, that's the thing. The O'Clock in 6's head pretty explicitly that he couldn't beat Koichi using his quirk, but he kept plugging along anyway. I can understand that seeming OP or something, but it really is just a story about a very bad matchup where the guy who wants to run away can't, and the guy who needs to run away won't.

I do agree with the criticisms about Pop, though. Unless she's explicitly mentioned, I sometimes forget that this has technically been about her.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

lol

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

ImpAtom posted:

That's fair. It does seem like Six is not exactly good at knowing when to take the L and give up.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Official translation!
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-327/chapter/23238?action=read

I like the background gag of Mineta trying to copy Todoroki's poses

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Mineta shocked me, because he was actually funny, instead of gross, for once. Outside of that, nice breather and I'm absolutely expecting some kind of attack during Class A show for the refugees, to make up for the culture festival that went through without a hitch.

And of course:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
This was the hardest I’ve laughed at MHA in a long while, Hoshikori is pretty funny when he tries to be but that entire absurd bath sequence was something else. I really hope his next manga takes off too, I’m really getting “last night of fun times before the final dungeon” vibes right now.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
And so ends the "Deku needs a bath" arc.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I'm glad "yeet" is a sound effect now

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Aoyama wasn't in this chapter

Actually, has he been anywhere in this arc?

:siren:traitor plot thickens:siren:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Transcript of Stain's letter on the final page:

quote:

Only a true hero may act as the recipient of this information.

That disqualifies the phonies, riffraff, and outlaws who bear false mantles and act solely out of contemptible self-interest.

All Might is the only hero worthy of my respect.

All Might is the only one worthy of ending my life.

Now, more than ever, the masses cry out for that unshakable sense of justice he embodies. That pure, absolute justice.

The world has grown dark indeed, which is precisely why the Symbol of Peace must stand at the vanguard and lead us all ___ more just society.

____ ___ information such ___ ______.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

lmao Stain rules

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I love that Stain, even when giving vital information, still can't help but write a goddamn manifesto.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Chizome Akaguro, better known for other work.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I Am Fowl posted:

I love that Stain, even when giving vital information, still can't help but write a goddamn manifesto.

I'll wait for the movie adaptation. Gentle and La Brava can direct it.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Funky Valentine posted:

Chizome Akaguro, better known for other work.

:hmmyes:

Anshu
Jan 9, 2019

I didn't notice in the scanlation, but I love the detail of Ochako sleeping in mittens to keep from using her quirk on sheets and blankets in her sleep. Have we seen that before?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Anshu posted:

I didn't notice in the scanlation, but I love the detail of Ochako sleeping in mittens to keep from using her quirk on sheets and blankets in her sleep. Have we seen that before?

I'm almost positive it has come up before or at least in her character bio.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

SpacePig posted:

To interrupt the hootin' and hollerin' very briefly;
I've been very on board with Koichi vs 6 the whole time, so I'd like to know what people who maybe have been a bit down on Vigilantes lately think of this chapter. I'm not trying to call anybody out or anything, just wondering if this has been worth it to those folks.

it's a pretty good fight chapter by chapter but imo it's been going for a while now so i hope the old man can put this arc to rest and pop can be a character with agency again sometime this year

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Anshu posted:

From way back in volume 7.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

I wonder if Horikoshi just forgot about Izuku's father.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Aurubin posted:

Guy is basically named “Mr not-appearing-in-this-work.” I just don’t think he matters.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hisashi is looking for the really good smokes.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also pretty sure Japan is on lockdown. I doubt they would allow civilian flights into the country.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Also pretty sure Japan is on lockdown. I doubt they would allow civilian flights into the country.

Still? After 2 or so centuries?!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Deku's dad is going to be working for one of those international heroes that are coming.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Adder Moray posted:

Still? After 2 or so centuries?!

Hisashi comes back from the 7-11 with boats with guns (gunboats.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Aurubin posted:

All for One is right there tho