Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Lamuella posted:

God, the idea that anyone's reaction to this was "wow, now I really want to watch Roman's next title match"
You mean the match they advertised before this one?

WWE clearly doesn't give a poo poo about Finn and gave him a ridiculous comedy bit ending that is way, way better than how they treated Cena. If Roman is going to be on top forever this is way more entertaining than other options, so yeah, I am slightly more interested in the next non-Brock title match in December at TBA ppv.

And if they have Brock come out in his deer hunter regalia and say he sniped out the turnbuckle cuz he wants his title match it'll be amazing

Rarity posted:

All these losses were key to boosting young up and comer *checks notes* Brock Lesnar
What if I told you the rumor is this is all building to Roman turning face?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Noted main event draw JBL

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

This is one of those that really activates my nerd genes, makes me want to point out every stupid wrong thing that was said here in a giant post nobody will read any of

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Noted main event draw JBL

A man whose reign has only been used in the context of "reigns of terrors" for being terrible, lengthy and that only is brought up negatively.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
A run so bad it beat Diesel in terms of failed drawing power.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
nobody was clamoring for finn balor to win the title because he has done nothing. he was demoted to NXT in a desperate attempt to beat the competition, failed and subsequently dropped the title to the guy who would become the most buried and embarrassing NXT champion of all time. he came back to the main roster and was randomly put into the title picture and has done nothing but lose but he put paint on so i guess he deserves ANOTHER chance. people aren't mad because they wanted him to win, in fact him winning would've been incredibly stupid honestly but it would be less stupid than the method they came up with to beat him when they could've just had roman squash him because he's a geek in facepaint and has never been shown to be anything but.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I think people were interested in Finn winning the title though at least part of that is Roman fatigue setting in.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I think all the people who'd be interested in Finn winning had already lost all faith that WWE would ever put him over

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Rarity posted:

I think all the people who'd be interested in Finn winning had already lost all faith that WWE would ever put him over

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I wonder how the face gently caress me finn fan feels right now.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I hardly watch any WWE, but it was Sunday night and I wasn't doing anything else so I turned it on. A few people in a discord were telling me a bit about Finn and how he is good, because I thought that the demon gimmick was pretty lame as I was watching it. Then the tag team guys did their run-in and we had a pretty good spot with everyone fighting on the outside for a bit there, and I was like "oh maybe this match will get good!" and then the lights went red and it got extremely stupid, and then the rope broke and it was literally the dumbest finish to a match I had ever seen.

The only benefit to that finish is that nobody is talking about how bad the Becky/Bianca finish was. Until the Roman/Balor match ended I was ranting about how myopic and worthless that finish was, and then I forgot about it.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/GarethElton/status/1442490262052392961?s=19

https://twitter.com/jkranites/status/1442322630766387201?s=19

https://twitter.com/jj_claxton/status/1442323648036048900?s=19

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

https://twitter.com/merciewitamouth/status/1442333754580553728?s=21

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

How did these people reconcile bad booking in their heads before AEW came around. Now all they have to say when WWE does something dumb is say well if AEW did this you'd like it so actually you're a hypocrite and therefore your opinion does not matter!

Also why do they care if people don't like something they like? Can't they just like it and that be the end of it.

Also Also - hypocrites can still be right.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

lmao https://twitter.com/MercieWitAMouth/status/1442476257799819266?s=19 https://twitter.com/dril/status/549425182767861760?s=19

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
They are trying so hard to make a time limit draw literally the same as a New Jack music comeback ending with a Matt Sydal rope slip.

https://twitter.com/repluggedart/status/1442391052191559685?s=19

https://twitter.com/repluggedart/status/1442439330379620352?s=19

https://twitter.com/PaulJames198/status/1442472463061893126?s=19

https://twitter.com/PaulJames198/status/1442453208530575365?s=19

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

"will no doubt lead to a major angle" that doesn't involve Finn Balor apparently

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Well I learned something today. I learned that there are people out there who claim to be hardcore wrestling fans but who literally can't tell the difference between a WWE style main event and an AEW style dream match. These are people who can't recognize wrestling talent and who refer to their favorite wrestler as a good wrestler simply because they are entertaining.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

*HOT SHOTTED*

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Sydney Bottocks posted:

"will no doubt lead to a major angle" that doesn't involve Finn Balor apparently

Oh sweet summer child you have missed the fantasy booking!

https://twitter.com/ColonelZhele/status/1442464986866008069?s=19

https://twitter.com/wooster182/status/1442463388018302981?s=19

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I will take it all back if Bray re-signed for less money and this is setting up his return because that would be sublime comedy.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
These people are mind-bogglingly, stunningly dumb

They remind me of an old friend of a friend that used to watch wrestling with us on Monday nights back during the Attitude era. This guy literally asked us, out loud, to our faces, if we thought that Kaientai were going to chop off Val Venis' dick with a katana. Like, he literally was dumb enough to think that's something that would happen on a wrestling tv show.

Every time I read one of those pudding brain tweets I think of that guy

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gaz-L posted:

I will take it all back if Bray re-signed for less money and this is setting up his return because that would be sublime comedy.

They never did get to have that Demon/Sister Abigail match. And earlier that night, Alexa's conduit to The Fiend (or whatever the gently caress) got destroyed by Charlotte while Alexa ate Mentos. It all adds up!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Elephant Ambush posted:

These people are mind-bogglingly, stunningly dumb

They remind me of an old friend of a friend that used to watch wrestling with us on Monday nights back during the Attitude era. This guy literally asked us, out loud, to our faces, if we thought that Kaientai were going to chop off Val Venis' dick with a katana. Like, he literally was dumb enough to think that's something that would happen on a wrestling tv show.

Every time I read one of those pudding brain tweets I think of that guy

I had a guy like that. The type who would loudly shout catch phrases at you in normal conversation. There is a sizable portion of the wrestling fan base I dont want to have any interaction with. I enjoy looking at them safely here where they don't know I exist.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Bizarre anyone would think a finish where a guy slips and falls and loses because of that when he’s supposed to be in his powerful form is protecting him. slipping and falling has never gotten anyone over as a world title contender.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Eat My Fuc posted:

Bizarre anyone would think a finish where a guy slips and falls and loses because of that when he’s supposed to be in his powerful form is protecting him. slipping and falling has never gotten anyone over as a world title contender.

Slippy Demon should team up with Titus Worldslide

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WWE once again booked a gently caress finish in a match type that was intended not to have gently caress finishes. This is somehow like the timelimit draw between Danielson and Omega. We live in a society, you see.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
after the top rope broke he should have climbed on the middle rope, which also breaks, then the bottom rope, which breaks, then finally he just tries to do the stomp but the ring collapses when he jumps, so he lands on the floor but there is a banana peel and he steps on it and does a flip and lands on his neck and roman pins him and the demon is stretchered out and never seen again

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Demon is protected by looking like a chump who loses by falling a shorter distance than his transition moves this is solid logic

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Shard posted:

I had a guy like that. The type who would loudly shout catch phrases at you in normal conversation.

OMG he did that too. He would shoehorn Rock and Austin catchphrases into every sentence possible and did DX crotch chops all the time.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Endless Mike posted:

The Demon is protected by looking like a chump who loses by falling a shorter distance than his transition moves this is solid logic

No see it protected both of them

Finn was going to win if not for an Act of God making him lose and thus he looks fine.

Roman Reigns was getting beaten handedly and was going to lose straight up until an Act of God intervened and thus he looks fine too.

both men were protected!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/TitansForever/status/1442493053244223491?s=19

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Elephant Ambush posted:

OMG he did that too. He would shoehorn Rock and Austin catchphrases into every sentence possible and did DX crotch chops all the time.

The vien diagram is just a circle here OP. There is a type and they are not unique.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Wasn't that run of like 6 weeks of gauntlet matches in WWE last year because the first one grew the audience significantly over the hour?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Shard posted:

The vien diagram is just a circle here OP. There is a type and they are not unique.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all it's just fun to tell stories about idiots

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

does anybody bother to do quarter hour breakdowns for Smackdown? genuinely curious what kind of bump they have at 9:45 when people are tuning in early for the shittiest late local newscast. got to be a lot of old folks desperate to know what they should be scared of getting tired of seeing Aquaman rough up his family every Friday night

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Finn would have been more protected if Brock had just come out after 15 minutes and destroyed him and let Roman pin him so that Brock could make sure their match was for the title, which is 100% what I was expecting to happen and I'm stunned it didn't.

Psycho Mantits
Oct 6, 2009
This thread is what prompted me to finally delete my Twitter account, since I realized I spent most of my time on there blocking and/or insulting WWE fanboys when I could be doing literally anything else and it would be more a productive use of my time. So thanks, goons.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Ganso Bomb posted:

They never did get to have that Demon/Sister Abigail match. And earlier that night, Alexa's conduit to The Fiend (or whatever the gently caress) got destroyed by Charlotte while Alexa ate Mentos. It all adds up!

Coward Tony, obliterate whatever remains of The Forbidden Door and book The Painmaker vs. The Freshmaker

Ganso Bomb posted:

Slippy Demon should team up with Titus Worldslide

They can be mentored by The Shockmaster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

love how the goalposts have fully moved into literally saying "actual wrestling sucks and doesnt draw" about a loving professional wrestling debate. I'm not an investor I don't loving care about this poo poo, if I get to see Omega v Danielson for 30 minutes, I WIN.