Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

leans closer to the mic no really, it's a version of a baphomet skull. it's the loving devil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Patware posted:

leans closer to the mic no really, it's a version of a baphomet skull. it's the loving devil

It's definitely a skull, but it does look more like a stag or elk skull with branching horns than baphomet's traditional single branchless horns.

Edit:

Compare

LostRook fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Sep 18, 2021

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Pretty sure Iruma almost flipped Sheena during their brief time together at Walter Park. There's absolutely no way that her allegiance to the Six Fingers is going to survive prolonged exposure to him as his teacher. The creepy rear end in a top hat with the grin is quite likely to stay evil, though.

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?

Roxors posted:

Anyone recognized what is on Iruma's stat sheet?

Looks like a 4 horned stag to me but it's hard to tell exactly. That's also a fairly famous Celtic occult symbol.

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

There is a fantastic little detail on Clara’s stat sheet

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Uncle Khasim posted:

There is a fantastic little detail on Clara’s stat sheet

I believe you mean an obvious detail

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Clara's 'unknown' stat is obviously 'Sexy'.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Nice to meet you

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Probably the last person they wanted to meet. I'm betting Shiida won't trigger Balam's lie detection because she actually wants to teach Iruma.

ThingOne fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Sep 22, 2021

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
One would assume they planned for that, anyway, since Balam's bloodline ability is probably a known quantity even if most of the students seem to be ignorant of it.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
"So, uh... couldn't help but overhear you plotting in the hallways. Make sure you schedule your villainy, so you don't clash with that class' various mentors, family, rival students, talent managers and random challenegers putting them through ordeals every month.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
The demon ranking system isn't making much sense now that we're getting further in the series.

If I remember right most students graduate as a 4 after six years. The Class having to hit 4 at the end of their first year was a big thing after all, and they are protagonists.

The 9's and 10's we know of are Delkira, Sullivan, Levi, and Beliard, and likely a few more of the thirteen crowns, like Ameri's father, might be 9's as well. But it's implied most of them are rank 8.

Kalego, Balam, and Opera being 8's is apparently a big deal and if I remember right they are the only rank 8 at the school. So most of the teachers must be 6 or 7 and the support staff 5 or 6.

This means that Ameri and soon, Iruma, will be outranking the majority of their teachers.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

they're the future heads of the demon council and direct subordinates of the strongest demon king so that doesn't seem out of the ordinary

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Yeah, they don't really say but I assume that the average Joe Demon either stays at rank 4 for their entire life or maybe hits rank 5.

It's honestly not really clear how you rank up outside of a school context, and the system seems astonishingly trustworthy given how important it is. (It's also not completely clear whether jumping ranks actually makes you stronger, or whether you gain a rank because you got stronger. Iruma seems to think it's the first but I'm not sure he's correct.)

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I would assume that most demons don't even hit rank 4. Babyls is an important elite school that you have to do entry tests and/or nepotism to get into, so "most students graduate Babyls at rank 4" suggests to me that that's sort of the lower bound of the upper classes.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Iruma's Ring/Ali-san gets stronger when he ranks up, but that seems to be the exception. Whether the ranks used to have some other mening that activates the ring (Like security clearance) or if it's just Iruma achieving a personal goal for the first time in his life giving him a psychological buff is also unclear.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Since it's the casters magic in the ball, and Iruma has no magic, wouldn't that make the results those of the ring and not Iruma?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Hamelekim posted:

Since it's the casters magic in the ball, and Iruma has no magic, wouldn't that make the results those of the ring and not Iruma?

Based on what happens in the story, it is definitely reacting to the WILL of iruma vs the origin of the magic power. Iruma is taking the power and controlling it/making it his, thus it is unique to him.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Let's not forget here what Arikled spelled backwards is. The sensor may be detecting what a big deal Iruma's little passenger really is.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Good to see Balam's smart enough to know when someone is trying to game his bloodline magic.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It is definitely appreciated that they are showing off just how competent Balam is. Also by the looks of it Sheeda just needs one gentle push before she defects from the six fingers.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Talk's End

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

It is definitely appreciated that they are showing off just how competent Balam is. Also by the looks of it Sheeda just needs one gentle push before she defects from the six fingers.

I don't assume Sheeda has pure intentions for Iruma even if she doesn't want to hurt him. I'm guessing she's the type to keep the things she fancies all to herself and Iruma is just her current fixation. No way she's a member of a notorious group like the Six Fingers and isn't a thief in mindset.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

I don't assume Sheeda has pure intentions for Iruma even if she doesn't want to hurt him. I'm guessing she's the type to keep the things she fancies all to herself and Iruma is just her current fixation. No way she's a member of a notorious group like the Six Fingers and isn't a thief in mindset.

I dunno, she's come across as generally kindly and innocent in pretty much all her screentime so far. There's surely some reason she's part of a group as select, ruthless, and elite as the Six Fingers, but I doubt it'll change the fact that she's mostly a decent person.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

I dunno, she's come across as generally kindly and innocent in pretty much all her screentime so far. There's surely some reason she's part of a group as select, ruthless, and elite as the Six Fingers, but I doubt it'll change the fact that she's mostly a decent person.

I've not forgotten that demons are creatures of desire and greed. She's a nice person sure but she also carried around a photo of someone she met only once for like half a year

Jazu
Jan 1, 2006

Looking for some URANIUM? CLICK HERE
Since the villain guy I don't remember the name of is looking for artifacts remaining from Delkira, maybe the thing he's looking for is Iruma's ring, but he doesn't know what it is?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Brought To You By posted:

I've not forgotten that demons are creatures of desire and greed. She's a nice person sure but she also carried around a photo of someone she met only once for like half a year

Iruma has a way of inspiring insane devotion in demons easily. Asmodeus swore basically eternal loyalty to him after having a single match with him, and everyone else basically falls in love with him the moment they meet him.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

It would've been dishonorable for Asmodeus not to swear loyalty to the demon who beat him, especially since he was the one who issued the challenge. Everything after that was pure Iruma though.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Kanos posted:

Iruma has a way of inspiring insane devotion in demons easily. Asmodeus swore basically eternal loyalty to him after having a single match with him, and everyone else basically falls in love with him the moment they meet him.

Demon's love things that are interesting, and interesting things always follow in Iruma's wake.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Another one added to the harem.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://mangadex.org/chapter/8e41de19-5e51-4f45-8d26-a17dd7750dd0

New Chapter. New test. New characters.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Hello, discount Ronove.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Nemo2342 posted:

Hello, discount Ronove.

From context his family name appears to be Zepar, which means he's related to only of the 3 battlefield heroes we've yet to meet. I'm also wondering how this test will work. Will each of the abnormal class get a pair of minions?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Nemo2342 posted:

Hello, discount Ronove.

I am glad he is being shown the respect that he deserves.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

I am glad he is being shown the respect that he deserves.

I support him being a potential love interest for Clara precisely because of this. Poor boy has no idea whatsoever what he's let himself in for.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Darth Walrus posted:

I support him being a potential love interest for Clara precisely because of this. Poor boy has no idea whatsoever what he's let himself in for.

I will not give up on my Clara/Sabnock ship.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The Roster is out

Expect maximum comedy from some of these teams.

Syritta
Jun 28, 2012
Team Valac is already making me lose it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

I want to know more about the two eggs Jazz is paired up with.

ThingOne fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Oct 16, 2021