Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

extremebuff posted:

just had this dream last night. i was in the passenger seat with an old friend in an alley where a bunch of people were slamming their car full speed into a concrete wall

the objective was to get the highest Repair All cost in the diablo 2 blacksmith menu, that we pulled up and hit with our minds obviously. my buddys turn comes up and we are so excited to pancake ourselves on this wall. he slams on the gas and we smash into it and total everything and I almost fly through the windshield but were laughing our asses off and hooting. almost 200k gold to repair. and hes like hold on I know how we hit 200k, check this out! he points to the backseat

there was now an old namekian in the backseat from DBZ. when we both looked at him he goes "We will restore the life water device" very sternly and this was the funniest thing in the world and we laughed for 10 minutes while he hit reverse on the car in the alley that now stretched out forever.

plows forward, were going 160mph and the steering wheel is going apeshit and were so hype. not piccolo in the back just stoic and ready to accept the fate of the wall. we smash into it and flatten the entire car and the namek shoots through the windshield and splatters into a cloud of purple blood on the stone, arms and bones flying everywhere like mortal kombat. we were frozen for a second and when we checked the repair all cost it was 320k and we screamed like we just won the lottery

hitting repair all instantly restored us and the car and the namek to the backseat but then a shitload of cops showed up. over loudspeakers they told is to get out and surrender and I knew now that they were here repair all wouldnt work, and the namek was loving gone. out of nowhere another dude I used to know yelled "ok but, if we surrender you wont kill us right? youll only shoot blanks?" as soon as he finished all the cops opened fire and killed him and I woke up

Lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

extremebuff posted:

just had this dream last night. i was in the passenger seat with an old friend in an alley where a bunch of people were slamming their car full speed into a concrete wall

the objective was to get the highest Repair All cost in the diablo 2 blacksmith menu, that we pulled up and hit with our minds obviously. my buddys turn comes up and we are so excited to pancake ourselves on this wall. he slams on the gas and we smash into it and total everything and I almost fly through the windshield but were laughing our asses off and hooting. almost 200k gold to repair. and hes like hold on I know how we hit 200k, check this out! he points to the backseat

there was now an old namekian in the backseat from DBZ. when we both looked at him he goes "We will restore the life water device" very sternly and this was the funniest thing in the world and we laughed for 10 minutes while he hit reverse on the car in the alley that now stretched out forever.

plows forward, were going 160mph and the steering wheel is going apeshit and were so hype. not piccolo in the back just stoic and ready to accept the fate of the wall. we smash into it and flatten the entire car and the namek shoots through the windshield and splatters into a cloud of purple blood on the stone, arms and bones flying everywhere like mortal kombat. we were frozen for a second and when we checked the repair all cost it was 320k and we screamed like we just won the lottery

hitting repair all instantly restored us and the car and the namek to the backseat but then a shitload of cops showed up. over loudspeakers they told is to get out and surrender and I knew now that they were here repair all wouldnt work, and the namek was loving gone. out of nowhere another dude I used to know yelled "ok but, if we surrender you wont kill us right? youll only shoot blanks?" as soon as he finished all the cops opened fire and killed him and I woke up

lmao amazing

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

extremebuff posted:

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff posted:

Lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

extremebuff posted:

lmao

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
My mom said the other day she got bored of streaming (netflix amazon prime disney+ and hbo) so i dreamed that i showed her the witness on pc (puzzle game, you dont fight anything, nice looking, etc). Didnt have it installed so i had to download it and it somehow weighed a lot less and downloaded super quick, which i was thankful for. When i opened it, i showed her she had to move with wasd and move the cursor with the mouse, ajd after the she opened the first door the outaide looks completely different and then the stanley parable narrator starts talking. I go like oh no gently caress wrong game, how could this be, and when i shift tab it says "the witness: stanley parable 2" and it has the same icon as the witness. I start cursing and downloading the real witness but since stanley parable has no shooting or anything i decide its a good idea to let her play and acclimate to wasd +mouse while witness downloads.
I think on it and decide it makes sense stanley parable 2 would show you a different game cause in the real game you enter portal and minecraft worlds. Then the game shifts to avenida 9 de julio, the main street of buenos aires, and im a bit weirded out moments before i see jfk waving in his car and his head gets blown up in rtx quality graphics, im about to look at my moms reaction but i wake up

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

extremebuff posted:

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason posted:

My mom said the other day she got bored of streaming (netflix amazon prime disney+ and hbo) so i dreamed that i showed her the witness on pc (puzzle game, you dont fight anything, nice looking, etc). Didnt have it installed so i had to download it and it somehow weighed a lot less and downloaded super quick, which i was thankful for. When i opened it, i showed her she had to move with wasd and move the cursor with the mouse, ajd after the she opened the first door the outaide looks completely different and then the stanley parable narrator starts talking. I go like oh no gently caress wrong game, how could this be, and when i shift tab it says "the witness: stanley parable 2" and it has the same icon as the witness. I start cursing and downloading the real witness but since stanley parable has no shooting or anything i decide its a good idea to let her play and acclimate to wasd +mouse while witness downloads.
I think on it and decide it makes sense stanley parable 2 would show you a different game cause in the real game you enter portal and minecraft worlds. Then the game shifts to avenida 9 de julio, the main street of buenos aires, and im a bit weirded out moments before i see jfk waving in his car and his head gets blown up in rtx quality graphics, im about to look at my moms reaction but i wake up

Lmfao

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

extremebuff posted:

ArfJason posted:

lmfao

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

extremebuff posted:

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ArfJason posted:

lmfao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

extremebuff posted:

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao incredible

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

lmao just noticed the profile name

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

lmao

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

ahahahha

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill 'em all!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lmfao.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

extremebuff posted:

drat, I need to go cold turkey as well. This is epic.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

extremebuff posted:

Lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Dreamed I was watching some kind of Nintendo Direct type thing on YouTube, it wasn't clear whether it was "official" or just something some guy had put a lot of effort into faking - in either case the uploader was apparently posting it days before it was meant to drop officially.

It started with a detailed CGI trailer for the new 3D Mario, which I don't remember in much detail but went on for a while. When I next remember, it was a trailer for Elder Scrolls 6 which the uploader said revealed the game title, but he would obscure it behind clues and stuff so Bethesda wouldn't catch on and have him killed "like they did the last guy", with a one-frame subliminal photo of Todd ripping the eyeballs out of someone who was mid-post posting "the new Fallout is called Fallout 4".

Parts of this trailer I remember are a scene where you control an old NPC and have to rescue a guy from prison because he has information you need but he's an enemy as well. They used this bit to show off their new melee combat which was gritty and inspired by the Last of Us. What this meant, it turned out, was fully committing to big weighty swings, followed by extremely long canned animations of characters falling over, clutching their heads etc. These played when you took any damage at all including slight physics damage from terrain so the old guy and enemy spent most of the match trading a blow and then falling over playing the same animation.

Eventually, the old guy managed to grab the enemy by the ear and started pulling it really hard, which the youtuber described in awe as the most brutal torture he'd ever seen. The character eventually collapsed in tears and said he'd tell us everything... including where to find the name of the Elder Scrolls 6!

It turned out you found the name via a new quest added to Skyrim in which your character transcends reality and hacks into Nvidia servers. I remember thinking this was really cool and out there, hoping this was a sign that the rest of the game would lean into the weird stuff more. Eventually the name was revealed to be "the Elder Scrolls 6: Digital Spy Quest", but after revealing this the uploader admitted he'd made up everything in the last few minutes but the "CLUES R THERE! r00fles!"

I was pissed at this point and got off the train I was on, which led me into a hotel full of weird realistic renderings of the Smash Bros cast. Kirby explained in his tiny cute voice that they had to wait here because they didn't know which of them would be called into the hall to take part in the final character reveal, they find out at the same time as the rest of us. Falco kept p interjecting to call me homophobic slurs but eventually admitted he was just on edge; people had been getting killed in character reveals lately and were always resurrected, but with this being the last one they were worried that whoever died would stay dead forever.

I noticed that a bunch of the Mario characters were out on the balcony and Peach was balancing on the rail, sobbing in terror. I said I would try to call her done but to little success; I turned and tried to find Mario himself but when I did I heard her fall with a scream and Luigis response of "oh dear!" He then seemingly jumped out of guilt. When I next looked out, Daisy was getting ready to try to rescue them and was pulling on sporty stockings. I tried to shout something supportive but to my horror what came out was "you have a wonderful pair of heavenly buttocks" in the exact tone and cadence of Nandor from What We Do In The Shadows, so I had to flee before Simon Belmont staked me or something.

I then got a montage from the new Mario game of realistic versions of classic enemies, so Hammer Bro was a big round guy with a green outfit and sunglasses on a mobility scooter. The other famous Mario enemy, Tickle-o, was depicted as a big guy who followed you in airport queues using a giant brush on a stick to tickle you and get you in trouble for not standing still. He kept tickling me while the agents screamed at me to stay still and some cats demanded sausage from me.

I gave the cats some salami and they started making even more noise, giving away my position. The last thing I saw before waking up was a webcomic of the cats saying they had taken a vote on "sausages plus noise" or "nothing but sadness" and only one cat had voted for the latter because he felt bad making noise. The other cats said "well, it was agreed by a vote" and went to bed, where one of them posted in a WhatsApp chat "LOL besties can't believe he fell for that we all voted for it thing, it was actually all Allison's idea. She's such a bitch lmao"

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that's one of those spaghetti falling out of my pockets type of dreams

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Dreamed I was watching some kind of Nintendo Direct type thing on YouTube, it wasn't clear whether it was "official" or just something some guy had put a lot of effort into faking - in either case the uploader was apparently posting it days before it was meant to drop officially.

It started with a detailed CGI trailer for the new 3D Mario, which I don't remember in much detail but went on for a while. When I next remember, it was a trailer for Elder Scrolls 6 which the uploader said revealed the game title, but he would obscure it behind clues and stuff so Bethesda wouldn't catch on and have him killed "like they did the last guy", with a one-frame subliminal photo of Todd ripping the eyeballs out of someone who was mid-post posting "the new Fallout is called Fallout 4".

Parts of this trailer I remember are a scene where you control an old NPC and have to rescue a guy from prison because he has information you need but he's an enemy as well. They used this bit to show off their new melee combat which was gritty and inspired by the Last of Us. What this meant, it turned out, was fully committing to big weighty swings, followed by extremely long canned animations of characters falling over, clutching their heads etc. These played when you took any damage at all including slight physics damage from terrain so the old guy and enemy spent most of the match trading a blow and then falling over playing the same animation.

Eventually, the old guy managed to grab the enemy by the ear and started pulling it really hard, which the youtuber described in awe as the most brutal torture he'd ever seen. The character eventually collapsed in tears and said he'd tell us everything... including where to find the name of the Elder Scrolls 6!

It turned out you found the name via a new quest added to Skyrim in which your character transcends reality and hacks into Nvidia servers. I remember thinking this was really cool and out there, hoping this was a sign that the rest of the game would lean into the weird stuff more. Eventually the name was revealed to be "the Elder Scrolls 6: Digital Spy Quest", but after revealing this the uploader admitted he'd made up everything in the last few minutes but the "CLUES R THERE! r00fles!"

I was pissed at this point and got off the train I was on, which led me into a hotel full of weird realistic renderings of the Smash Bros cast. Kirby explained in his tiny cute voice that they had to wait here because they didn't know which of them would be called into the hall to take part in the final character reveal, they find out at the same time as the rest of us. Falco kept p interjecting to call me homophobic slurs but eventually admitted he was just on edge; people had been getting killed in character reveals lately and were always resurrected, but with this being the last one they were worried that whoever died would stay dead forever.

I noticed that a bunch of the Mario characters were out on the balcony and Peach was balancing on the rail, sobbing in terror. I said I would try to call her done but to little success; I turned and tried to find Mario himself but when I did I heard her fall with a scream and Luigis response of "oh dear!" He then seemingly jumped out of guilt. When I next looked out, Daisy was getting ready to try to rescue them and was pulling on sporty stockings. I tried to shout something supportive but to my horror what came out was "you have a wonderful pair of heavenly buttocks" in the exact tone and cadence of Nandor from What We Do In The Shadows, so I had to flee before Simon Belmont staked me or something.

I then got a montage from the new Mario game of realistic versions of classic enemies, so Hammer Bro was a big round guy with a green outfit and sunglasses on a mobility scooter. The other famous Mario enemy, Tickle-o, was depicted as a big guy who followed you in airport queues using a giant brush on a stick to tickle you and get you in trouble for not standing still. He kept tickling me while the agents screamed at me to stay still and some cats demanded sausage from me.

I gave the cats some salami and they started making even more noise, giving away my position. The last thing I saw before waking up was a webcomic of the cats saying they had taken a vote on "sausages plus noise" or "nothing but sadness" and only one cat had voted for the latter because he felt bad making noise. The other cats said "well, it was agreed by a vote" and went to bed, where one of them posted in a WhatsApp chat "LOL besties can't believe he fell for that we all voted for it thing, it was actually all Allison's idea. She's such a bitch lmao"

Nandor ftw

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmao imp dreams getting more and more bizarre. I think we’re all slowly losing our minds

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i think my nightmares have gotten easier now that other imps are suddenly sharing the burden, lol. sometimes i remember that dream with the pig who sounded like sydney greenstreet where i had to Old Yeller-ize CG sonic , and i don't think anything since then has been that hosed up.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

ArfJason posted:

lmfao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Man y'all gotta start having shorter dreams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004