Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Bill is actually wearing the hood in the rain but it's still a soaked sweatshirt

wtf man wear a proper raincoat

e: wrong thread but I stand by it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
ban

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Never in doubt.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Even if that field goal was good Brady would have had 55 seconds and two timeouts to win with a field goal. I cannot understand why they attempted that kick.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Even if that field goal was good Brady would have had 55 seconds and two timeouts to win with a field goal. I cannot understand why they attempted that kick.

I had a "Too much time for Touchdown Tom!" Post ready to submit and had to backspace it out for a doink.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Attempting a career long in the rain was dumb enough. But even if he made it (and he nearly did!) I think the Pats still lose. I honestly don’t understand the decision.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

justin fields

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

terrible decision, but on the whole I'm really shocked/impressed the Patriots hung in there so long.

I expected a massive blowout so this was found money.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Attempting a career long in the rain was dumb enough. But even if he made it (and he nearly did!) I think the Pats still lose. I honestly don’t understand the decision.

Mac was moving down the field pretty much at will I don’t get it either

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Also, what's the percent on a 56 yarder versus a 3 yard gain.

Really though, the game was lost when they decided to two the double reverse throw and not grind the clock and leave time for Tom.

Mac is good, Judon is good. Hell the defense was even good tonight but that O-Line keeps hurting Mac.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Fate Accomplice posted:

terrible decision, but on the whole I'm really shocked/impressed the Patriots hung in there so long.

I expected a massive blowout so this was found money.

Last year the Pats went into Kansas City and held the Chiefs to 6 points going into the 4th quarter IIRC. Then Hoyer did Hoyer stuff and lmao. So Belichick can still dial up a gameplan to stop an elite QB.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Not to be snarky, but did Mac throw deeper than 15 yards more than once? I recall one on 2nd and 20 for 17 yards but that’s it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Defense played great, offense progressed well, Mac looked very solid, offensive line stopped being a complete sieve in the 2nd half. Promising developments. And they get the Texans next week, soooooo

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This seems true.

I mean, ok, you can ever say a team is going to drive down the field after that, but...it's Tom Brady. The FG goes in and he has a lot of time there to end you.

Take the risk and go for it.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

If they go for that 4th down, not a single person questions it if they don't make it. That's the difference.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Pats bad Tom cheats free mcmagic

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Quick question, I only half watched the broadcast but were there any shots of Steve Belichick that didn’t involve him looking like the bastard child of Igor and a coked up David Lee Roth David Lee Roth?

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
the pats did everything they needed to win that game but belichick hosed up and tried a fg

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

wow, outcoached by Tom Brady!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Magicpants posted:

the pats did everything they needed to win that game but belichick hosed up and tried a fg

Intimidated by Tom and he panicked. It’s understandable.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Kalli posted:

Defense played great, offense progressed well, Mac looked very solid, offensive line stopped being a complete sieve in the 2nd half. Promising developments. And they get the Texans next week, soooooo

Yeah that loss was the best the 2021 Pats have looked, by miles. Terrible final playcall by Belichick though, 2021 Folk ain't making that kick in a temperature controlled dome, never mind in the rain.

OL and run D is still basically poo poo but they cut way back on the dumb mistakes and the receiving weapons actually made plays sometimes.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Some team will eventually make the Pats HAVE to throw deep. Who will it be?

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/Djbienaime/status/1444869638731489288

joe football
Dec 22, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Some team will eventually make the Pats HAVE to throw deep. Who will it be?

Why would you want to. They've only broken 20 once so far. I know it makes your rookie look super poised to just complete a lot of underneath stuff, but without chunk plays it's really hard to string together enough plays without loving up to score. If I'm an opponent I'd just encourage them to keep doing what they're doing

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/4CxlWTO.gifv

This face is going to haunt my dreams

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Magicpants posted:

And punted that time

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Vita Vea

https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/status/1444879027387473921?t=bmnmbteGEhFT7sz8BXSxwQ&s=19

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

FAT BATMAN posted:

This face is going to haunt my dreams

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1444857066607218688

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/jeffphowe/status/1444883116011790336

:unsmith:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

They finally kissed.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

They finally kissed.

https://youtu.be/5EeIvsvBXHI

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Brady is dead. Bill killed him.

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

Bill collecting his payoff for throwing the game.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

thomas EDWARD brady

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
In the end, Belichick was the most deflated of all

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Tom Brady showed Bill his Super Bowl ring from last season. Bill was jealous of the way the top of the ring came off and had a little stadium inside of it.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/richeisen/status/1444647981353877505

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow
Oh man, I've never rooted so hard for the Pats in my life, lol.

Like, after the Eagles' superbowl win, i felt my Pats hate begin to erode. Then once Brady left, I realised that that hate had finally abated. And then they gave my beloved Cam Newton a chance, and I found myself in the mystifying position of actually liking the Pats.

But even that pales in comparison to the amount of pro-Patriots sentiment I exuded today while watching their heroic stand against the villain Brady.

I went down to the pub, to support my Pats mate during what we both expected to be a thorough drubbing. But it wasn't a drubbing! This Pats team actually held Brady down to the wire! I have never experienced feeling proud of a Patriots team before. Fuckin' weird.

Tom Brady looked the most miserable today that I have seen him since leaving New England. And I think that that should be looked at as a triumph; by the Patriots' fanbase, by the greater NFL-watching public, and by humanity as a whole, when considered in aggregate.