Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Sunny Side Up posted:

i commute from delaware to north jersey every day, about 2.5 hours each way

Why would you do that to yourself? I commute 30 minutes each way and I think that's way too much already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Thoguh posted:

Are you sure about the no masking thing? Other people are posting that there is decent mask compliance in the Northeast. Because if more than like 1/20 people are masked you are doing better than the South and Midwest.

I'm in maine and the masking rate is closer to 1/50, probably less outside of southern maine. we're setting all time highs on cases and deaths here every few days

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

with all this game design skills next up will be a CSPAM game in which you select a plus size giantess anime girl and then proceed to breakdown capitalism by blocking critical shipping routes around the world.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
vaccines killed my husband who was a police officer

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
gently caress the cops. I’m glad they’re dying of covid. they should do it more and faster.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

3M’s cleaning wipes for respirators are expensive. is there a cheaper option?

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Can't you just use over-the-counter baby wipes? That's what I've been using. Have I hosed up? It's what a friend of mine who's a painter and has experience with respirators and someone in the old thread also said.

3Ms guide for cleaning respirators says you can use bleach or 70%+ isopropyl

• Sodium hypochlorite solution (at a free chlorine concentration of 5,000 ppm) with 1-minute contact time
• 70% Isopropanol solution with 1-minute contact time

quote:

Cleaning and Disinfecting 3M Half and Full Facepieces

1) Cleaning is recommended after each use. Nitrile or vinyl gloves should be worn during cleaning as well as other personal
protective equipment (PPE) as indicated.

2) Remove any filters or cartridges. The facepiece may be further disassembled as necessary.

3) Inspect the facepiece per the User Instructions to identify any damage or excessive wear. Replace components or the
entire facepiece as necessary.

4) Manually clean the facepiece by immersing it in warm water not to exceed 120°F (49°C), and scrub with soft brush until
clean. Add neutral detergent. Do not use cleaners containing lanolin or other oils. NOTE: Solvents and strong detergents may damage 3M facepieces and should not be used for cleaning.

5) Rinse thoroughly with fresh warm water.

6) Disinfect by soaking, wiping or spraying the facepiece according to the user instructions for the selected disinfectant, including application and contact time. NOTE: Do not soak the HF-800 facepiece in disinfectant solution. The HF-800 facepiece has not been tested for compatibility with disinfection by soaking.

7) Rinse, wipe or spray the facepiece thoroughly with fresh warm water.

8) Air dry in a non-contaminated area.

9) Inspect and reassemble the respirator as described in the User Instructions.

10) The respirator should be stored in a non-contaminated area when not in use.

Burn Zone fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Oct 5, 2021

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
currently in a half virtual conference at work. screen is filled with a room of maskless people. covid is over

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm technically the one with the aluminum foil cap because I wear a full face respirator all day, and this annoys me.

unlike an aluminum foil cap your respirator will protect you

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

Hollismason posted:

You could once finished put it on Steam or something like that for people to pay to download. No reason not to make money.

I’m thinking about it! I’m not sure what “finished” would be, but whenever that is it’d be a good time to throw it on steam

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Sunny Side Up posted:

i commute from delaware to north jersey every day, about 2.5 hours each way,

where do I report this poster for self-harm? is that what qcs is?

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist

actionjackson posted:

what the gently caress why

we moved before i had a local job and then went full WFH for almost 1.5 years. i've been back in the office since 6/1 and have been looking aggressively for something new since then

i like a nice 20-25 minutes, just long enough to destress on the way home, long enough to shave on the way in haha

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist

Stereotype posted:

gently caress the cops. I’m glad they’re dying of covid. they should do it more and faster.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Cup Runneth Over posted:

unlike an aluminum foil cap your respirator will protect you

:hmmyes:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Stereotype posted:

it turns out that outdoor festivals and sports games might not actually be so bad, especially if you require masks in occasional enclosed indoor spaces like bathrooms and have a large proportion of recently vaccinated people. too bad we can't actually do any studies or learn if that is true though since it would also find a bunch of places that are explicitly not ever safe such as restaurants and schools. guess we just gotta keep fumbling around blind guessing randomly like a bunch of brain damaged idiots

We accidentally ended up running a little experiment here in Melbourne which is 82% at least partially vaxxed, 53% fully vaxxed. People had been mostly sticking to the lockdown restrictions but it turns out a bunch of them decided to have sneaky BBQs with family or friends during our recent Grand Final long weekend:

(We'd also had a bunch of anti-lockdown protests which no doubt contributed to extra spread)

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Oct 5, 2021

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Sunny Side Up posted:

i commute from delaware to north jersey every day, about 2.5 hours each way, most often right through rutgers, and just from diversions through local towns, through philly, through flemington, wherever, and also from my night time and weekend experiences i'd say like 10% of people are masked, and that's way way up in the last month. restaurants still packed, events still ongoing. that's why it doesn't jive with my brain.

and to the other post about "outdoor events might not be so bad" they're completely unmasked from the pictures and we've been operating under an assumption from like that one contact trace where someone passed by an outdoor patio on their way into a store and gave it to someone with incredibly small contact time

What's your favorite way to dodge the tolls for crossing the Delaware? Is it the 1-lane erector set bridge at Washington Crossing?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Sunny Side Up posted:

we moved before i had a local job and then went full WFH for almost 1.5 years. i've been back in the office since 6/1 and have been looking aggressively for something new since then

i like a nice 20-25 minutes, just long enough to destress on the way home, long enough to shave on the way in haha

wow gently caress your employer jfc

BIG HORNY COW
Apr 11, 2003

facetoucher cat posted:

3rd vax update: nervous leg syndrome when I tried to sleep in my bed last night, moved to couch and was out cold until I had a dream my cat got outside and I woke up (at 3 loving 30 am) but I feel absolutely fantastic now albeit a tiny bit sleepy

https://www.amazon.com/Misshapen-Vi_rus-birthday-Birthday-christmas/dp/B08BYZ4QRX

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

5 hours a day commuting RIP

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

Also, it was discovered that the UK was running their Covid database in MS Excel, which had a 1 million entry limit, which they surpassed, therefore cases above 1 million weren’t being counted

Reminder that Washington State ran into this early in the pandemic with number of tests, because they were using Excel 2003 so they were capped at 65535 like Kefka’s HP

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

two things-
does anyone have a link to all that dud'es amazing penguin comics

secondsly: lmao remember that guy that was at his wits end and got popcorn for it

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Burn Zone posted:

3Ms guide for cleaning respirators says you can use bleach or 70%+ isopropyl

• Sodium hypochlorite solution (at a free chlorine concentration of 5,000 ppm) with 1-minute contact time
• 70% Isopropanol solution with 1-minute contact time

I'm a big dumb idiot baby so thanks. I assume then that the cottonelle asswipes I mentioned a post of mine back are fine to wipe down with then right?

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

literally peasant food. The simplest meal for a poor person. Pilgrims ate it for cereal. Just lovely loving popcorn.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Thoguh posted:

Are you sure about the no masking thing? Other people are posting that there is decent mask compliance in the Northeast. Because if more than like 1/20 people are masked you are doing better than the South and Midwest.

I don't have any actual data to back this up, but anecdotally it's definitely better than 1/20 in CT. It's still absolute poo poo compared to last year, but bare faces are in the clear minority any time I'm in a grocery store or somewhere like a Target. I still see people wearing masks outside, too.

Of course, bars and restaurants are also full, so... not great.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I'm a big dumb idiot baby so thanks. I assume then that the cottonelle asswipes I mentioned a post of mine back are fine to wipe down with then right?

baby wipes just have water and possibly a scent of some kind - there's no antimicrobial aspect to it because baby butts are very sensitive. chlorox wipes or whatever offbrand you get actually are antimicrobial because they contain quaternary ammonium compounds

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

do those PM2.5 filter inserts do anything

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

zegermans posted:

do those PM2.5 filter inserts do anything

Lol no

also

https://twitter.com/fitterhappierAJ/status/1445289340469485570?s=20

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

So school spread where I am:

still going well. I think we will probably make it to the kids vaccine. if they approve it.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Get a few boxes of alcohol prep pads for around the house - aside from being handy for sterilizing your PPE, they're also invaluable for weed paraphernalia maintenance

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

king county continues to decline slowly:

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

zegermans posted:

baby wipes just have water and possibly a scent of some kind - there's no antimicrobial aspect to it because baby butts are very sensitive. chlorox wipes or whatever offbrand you get actually are antimicrobial because they contain quaternary ammonium compounds

So those cottonelles are fine. Cool.

DoombatINC posted:

Get a few boxes of alcohol prep pads for around the house - aside from being handy for sterilizing your PPE, they're also invaluable for weed paraphernalia maintenance

I do not partake of the devil's weed. But yeah. The stuff I got was just all my local store had at the time and for obvious plague related reasons, I wasn't feeling like shopping around.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

nexous posted:

currently in a half virtual conference at work. screen is filled with a room of maskless people. covid is over

My partner is the only senior manager to not attend an in person team building off-site in Dallas, lmfao. Up to attend at six in the morning on zoom, but it's better than flying to loving Texas lol.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Bar Ran Dun posted:

So school spread where I am:

still going well. I think we will probably make it to the kids vaccine. if they approve it.

Just gotta white knuckle our way to the vaccine. :rubby:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Stereotype posted:

At least the mass die off makes no mystery of what sort of beliefs or worldview cops have ...

They only good authoritarianism is the one they create in their day to day jobs.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Glumwheels posted:

Wow it’s like the cops are all scum and maybe we should use the vaccine mandate as a means of getting rid of the worst ones.

and keep all the... good.. cops? lol

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Paradoxish posted:

Of course, bars and restaurants are also full, so... not great.

That is the thing. Every bar and restaurant I see may not be packed, but per the cars, they're having good turnout. But the news is constantly running pieces about how they've been struggling for the last 18 months, please go visit them, their families are dying.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/debdrens/status/1445419381530505221?t=wNhdLQdMqfDyiIkdA8BGzg&s=19

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
It's really just the south that is falling off now.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
eat poo poo, midwest

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Iron Crowned posted:

That is the thing. Every bar and restaurant I see may not be packed, but per the cars, they're having good turnout. But the news is constantly running pieces about how they've been struggling for the last 18 months, please go visit them, their families are dying.

It's hard to understand the mindset that a lot of these small business owners have if you're not already a tremendous rear end in a top hat. You're "struggling" if anything threatens the infinite growth you were relying on to buy a bigger boat or a bigger truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

It's really just the south that is falling off now.

Falling off or just not reporting anymore (like Nebraska)...? :thunk: