Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

numerrik posted:

That’s funny because ivermectin is what will destroy your balls

And that lovely letter rewrites their brains!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

numerrik posted:

That’s funny because ivermectin is what will destroy your balls
Clearly we need to convince the younger CHUDs to take the stuff before they have kids.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Casimir Radon posted:

Clearly we need to convince the younger CHUDs to take the stuff before they have kids.

Hasn’t Right Wing Media and social media been doing a decent enough job as it is in that regard?

Speaking of which, apparently there’s a blog post making the rounds today on right wing Twitter supposedly written by a doctor in southern Alberta who’s “gone rogue” and is telling the world that he’s been forbidden by the hospital board from giving the life-saving horse paste to the dump trucks full of unvaccinated COVID patients that are currently stacked triple-high and into the hallways in Alberta hospitals. It’s become a rallying cry of the anti-vaxxers demanding hospitals give people the horse paste.

Only one problem, apparently people have called the hospital this guy claims to work at and asked to speak with him and the hospital has flat out said that this “Dr. Nagase” does not exist. He’s a fake. A phoney rogue doctor is out there telling Twitter that Alberta won’t give dying COVID patients horse paste, and chuds are slurping it right up… like horse paste.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Oct 4, 2021

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
There were, as of 2018, 985000 licensed medical doctors in the US and another 100,000 or so in Canada.

LOL, that 1.1 million people are going to just shut up and not talk about policies that are actively killing patients except this one guy in Alberta.

edit: And also, they doctors and medical establishment are all lying and trying to kill you but this one guy. This one guy you can trust. Because he's a doctor.

Murgos fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Oct 4, 2021

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Literally hundreds if not thousands of medical professionals posting their stories about idiots dying (with covid, of horse paste): fake

One guy: extremely real

Typical of Canada, can't even go through the trouble of inventing a new licensing agency and getting elected, they just invent a fake doctor and roleplay it.

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

If you wanted to read the letter, it's pretty insane. It's been circulating for about a week now. https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/drat-you-hell-you-will-not-destroy-america-here-spartacus-covid-letter-thats-gone-viral

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

PsychedelicWarlord posted:

If you wanted to read the letter, it's pretty insane. It's been circulating for about a week now. https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/drat-you-hell-you-will-not-destroy-america-here-spartacus-covid-letter-thats-gone-viral

That's a lot of words for "I am an abject moron". These people would rather project conspiracies than face reality in any way, shape, or form.

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

CommieGIR posted:

That's a lot of words for "I am an abject moron". These people would rather project conspiracies than face reality in any way, shape, or form.

Yeah I assume it's basically an auto termination if you send this to HR

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

that letter is some quality stuff. it really does hit all the high notes for right wing fever swamp conspiracies.

my favorite is the abrupt shift from long paragraphs of ranting about the WUHAN LAB LEAK straight into complaining that the FBI shut down some shitheads north of Detroit that billed insurance for vitamin-C covid cures. Absolutely no connective tissue.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

PsychedelicWarlord posted:

My favorite part is the italicized disclaimer from the originating blog

quote:

This is an anonymously posted document by someone who calls themselves Spartacus. Because it’s anonymous, I can’t contact them to ask for permission to publish. So I hesitated for a while, but it’s simply the best document I’ve seen on Covid, vaccines, etc. Whoever Spartacus is, they have a very elaborate knowledge in “the field”.

That is posted without further comment, and by extension hesitation, by zerohedge.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

kik2dagroin posted:

That is posted without further comment, and by extension hesitation, by zerohedge.

Zerohedge is some real purestrain, but they seem so tame now compared to what the alt right became. You could feel the form of it taking shape. 2008 financial collapse happens, and their key issue is... the entire system collapsing due to hyperinflation because the Fed printed money to recapitalize the banks to the tune of.. fitting the new banking requirements. The idea that any of that money would end up in circulation enough to affect inflation was always ridiculous, but it was very funny coming from red-pilled finance bros and MBA's that described themselves as economically-literate.

Biscats n Gravy
Jun 13, 2018

Smile.

BaiSha posted:

I've been lurking the thread for a while and this little derail struck a nerve. I think we end up with these simple and draconian policies because a more nuanced policy (like use your phone in moderation and not during important jobs or there is a certain, reasonable amount of flexibility in your schedule) would require management to exercise judgement and justify their decisions to their employees, two factors that you might recognize if you've ever thought about what being a good manager might entail. I'm sure in a lot of organizations there are structural problems with middle management being given policies from on high or being assigned too many administrative tasks to actually get into detail about schedules, etc. with regular employees, but there's also a lot of people who just want to play cop at work, too.

Only the peons should do things like "effort to do their jobs properly", nevermind that people need breaks to function and so not overworking people is actually better long term.

Funny thing is the "party of personal responsibility" and its media wing really never think through long term. That's why they've tried stalling progress on climate change for over half a century gotta squeeze as much as possible in a short time even if that causes the time to be shorter than it should be.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/drmistercody/status/1445102084756439063?s=20

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

kik2dagroin posted:

My favorite part is the italicized disclaimer from the originating blog

"Lots of words I didn't understand, but it's all true!" Is wildly stupid, even for right wing.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I don't understand why these dipshits don't just lie, it's not like their doctor or whoever is going to release their confidential medical records.

Just say you didn't get vaccinated even if you did. Then if you get a breakthrough infection you can make a big show of taking ivermectin and vitamin C and brain force pills and grift even harder by 'proving' they work and vaccines are unnecessary.

gently caress it, I'm becoming a right wing grifter, I could do it better than these idiots.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
The only reason I can guess why they don't lie is just fear of being caught in it?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Yeah but how is that different, if someone is willing/able to prove one of these jerkoffs got vaccinated, why would they hold back just because they refuse to answer while saying the vaccine kills your balls instead of lying they didn't get it while saying the vaccine kills your balls.

Even if whoever has the goods is only incensed by lying by commission, and not evasiveness and lying by omission, Rubin is still telling lies about the safety and efficacy of vaccines anyway.

And it's not like being caught in a lie embarrasses them, that happens all the time they just double down on the lies. It's not like anyone who believes Dave Rubin wouldn't just believe him anyway if he said "oh those medical records are fake I was never vaccinated"

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It is weird considering how much they lie but Carlson and Rubin have always been terrible handling confrontation (Carlson to the point he had to scrap a segment).

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

CodfishCartographer posted:

The only reason I can guess why they don't lie is just fear of being caught in it?

Why would they not just lie about that?

"Who are you going to believe some namby pamby liberal reporter or manly man's man alpha me?"

Problem solved, attack on the 'other' delivered.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Groovelord Neato posted:

It is weird considering how much they lie but Carlson and Rubin have always been terrible handling confrontation (Carlson to the point he had to scrap a segment).

They're cowards, cucks, and crybabies. Literally all the things they project, they are.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

They're cowards, cucks, and crybabies. Literally all the things they project, they are.

Absolutely it's just weird they wouldn't just straight up lie about being vaccinated when they're paid millions of dollars to lie.

indiscriminately
Jan 19, 2007
Most of their audience is vaccinated but the loudest and angriest subset is anti-vax. Demagogically speaking it's best for any self-respecting grifter to be both vaxxed and unvaxxed simultaneously at least until the winds change. The optimal response to being asked about it is to take offense at the question.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

Absolutely it's just weird they wouldn't just straight up lie about being vaccinated when they're paid millions of dollars to lie.

Its better to avoid it completely since if their viewers think they lied to them...

Basically the ringwing establishment is really scared of their own base.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

bird food bathtub posted:

Why would they not just lie about that?

"Who are you going to believe some namby pamby liberal reporter or manly man's man alpha me?"

Problem solved, attack on the 'other' delivered.

This is true, but also is working under the assumption they're thinking ahead to plan out "if I get caught, I'll just lie about that!"

Although I guess I'm making the assumption that they're planning ahead enough to think "if I lie I might get caught" so I think the answer is just that they're stupid.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1445448140362944518?s=20

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

CodfishCartographer posted:

I doubt this is a huge concern in RWM circles

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

HI friends in the RWM channel. Id like to show you a quick and really interesting take on rightwingers and their media tropes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtaTzFmAabk

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Sadly it looks like we are going to have to wait a few months on Matt Gaetz going down.
Still weird he hasnt been arrested yet.
It does give Joel a little longer to rat out on more of his friends though.

https://twitter.com/tomiahonen/status/1445448679855312900

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

A few months is an eternity when that smug piece of poo poo is involved.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Gaetz is toast, it’s just a matter of when

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Groovelord Neato posted:

Because they're trying to have it both ways to score points with their dumb base. The party line is "we all agree with vaccination, but GOVERNMENT OVERREACH!" answering either way destroys that angle.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
How does that work? How/why is the defendant allowed to ask for delayed sentencing? I mean, how would it be in their own interests to do so?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Weatherman posted:

How does that work? How/why is the defendant allowed to ask for delayed sentencing? I mean, how would it be in their own interests to do so?
His attorney filed the motion, which the judge granted

The argument is that he’s not done cooperating with the feds and that he needs more time

None of this is unusual

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Well this is just great

https://twitter.com/ryanlcooper/status/1445743330004926470?s=21

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Can't wait for fox news to get the GWB rehabilitation.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Can't wait for fox news to get the GWB rehabilitation.

I don't think that's happening while Fucker Carlson is doing anti-vax and pro-COVID shows practically every day.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mercury_Storm posted:

I don't think that's happening while Fucker Carlson is doing anti-vax and pro-COVID shows practically every day.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Would Tucker ever break from Fox for one of the new turboright networks? He's in a weird position as golden boy but also having no commercials except pillow man

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Depends on paycheck, but I think he also loves the stardom that his Murdoch safe space has. Dlso the work "friendships" and NYC tristate social network.

Like what dos OANN or Newsmax* have?, those are all regressive blackholes with a bunch of no name no bodies.

*is there a 3rd or 4th shithole? I remember seeing some twitter pics of some other random intials/letters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Would Tucker ever break from Fox for one of the new turboright networks? He's in a weird position as golden boy but also having no commercials except pillow man
I don’t see that

He’s effectively the star of the network and it’s clear that his job is secure. Plus I doubt OANN or Newsmax could afford him.