Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Inspector Hound posted:

I bet British people pick their nose way more
and you'd be right. picking our noses is a form of communication akin to cockney rhyming slang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Delta-Wye posted:

You should dm that to '@badlegaltakes' so they, uh, know that was a bad legal take

Aw hell looks like I got covid brain :smith:

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Fenarisk posted:

Aw hell looks like I got covid brain :smith:

sorry im on a tear and that was unnecessary. that subtweet was absolutely worth another post pointing out how stupid it is.

im just being an rear end in a top hat due to *drum roll* covid brain actually covid thyroid i suspect but anyways

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Wotcher oym free knackles deep in me conk

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Got my Flu Vaccine. so now I have 3 Shots of Moderna, TDAP, MMR, Flu Vaccine. I think I have a problem with vaccines.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Why Am I So Tired posted:

That's a good point about the whole vials and gift card rushes. I just wish there were something official from the company - we have so much data from Pfizer (and Israel) that it's clear it's 100% fine and nothing to worry about at all, but do we have anything like that for Moderna?

I'm kind of worried that it's like stepping onto a path that won't be further investigated. Like going forward, there isn't going to be any data regarding 4th, 5th, specific variant based doses, etc. based on people who got a third full Moderna, so I might be about to put myself into a sort of no man's land with no way to get back on course. I don't know, I want to get it, it's just something I'm worried about and will be obsessing over all week.

Like we talked about before, I totally get the anxiety about it all. Another poster mentioned waiting for the official booster discussion in the next few weeks - could be worth waiting for peace of mind.

I’m not even close to qualified to speak to this stuff but, a couple things: Moderna wouldn’t be putting their booster dose up for review if they didn’t feel good about the data. I know it’s a half dose, but I can’t imagine it’s that massive of a difference long term. :shrug: I have x3 Moderna now and will 250u vs. 300u make a huge difference long term? I don’t know but I would think not. The mRNA stuff also breaks down within two days after injection so it’s not like the extra stuff is sitting in your deltoid still.

Also, Pfizer and Moderna are pretty similar under the hood. Of course, this doesn’t mean you can use their trial data interchangeably, but it’s worth noting they have had extremely similar trial data so far. Even the Moderna CEO was making the rounds recently saying they are also seeing a drop in efficacy as time goes on and boosters are definitely needed.

I don’t know, there are other posters far more knowledgeable about this stuff than myself that can jump in and correct me, and maybe I’m just trying to make myself feel better about being in that no man’s land you mentioned, but I’m just hopeful my third dose will provide good protection for a decently long time. :)

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

I'm at 9 years on TDAP should I just go ahead and get that while on a bandit adventure?

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Hollismason posted:

Got my Flu Vaccine. so now I have 3 Shots of Moderna, TDAP, MMR, Flu Vaccine. I think I have a problem with vaccines.

with max titers comes great responsibility

I got the same except my tdap was a couple years ago after I burned my hand.

it’s still hosed up that I have 3 people in my house with 3 shots and my kid has zero

just ordered another box of kf94s

sonatinas fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Oct 9, 2021

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Inspector Hound posted:

Wotcher oym free knackles deep in me conk

It's a ring toss game!

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Bar Ran Dun posted:

school spread isn’t really happening. it’s stunningly low in my district.

but this delta poo poo seeks out the unvaccinated like a guided missile. we aren’t being stupid, but i thought that wasn’t going to be enough.

i don’t know what to think.

Yeah same here. I'd assume the actual number is higher, but it still seems pretty low. Mask mandates indoor/outdoor and they try to do spacing although watching them crowd up against the door when the bell is about to ring shows that they don't always manage to do that.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Pryor on Fire posted:

I'm at 9 years on TDAP should I just go ahead and get that while on a bandit adventure?

Yeah why wouldn't you get it and the MMR its not going to hurt you and there's evidence that it helps with severe covid symtpoms.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Doomtalker posted:

Land of the Free, Home of the Graves

Sphyre posted:

diagnosis: car brain

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
disappointed to see attacks on the brits, poc (person of chips) deserve our respect

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

lol i remember this poo poo, and i also remember that the teacher who went viral by doing this for her kids died of covid-19 in like the first wave because of course they murdered her to keep daycare open

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
two lib physicians i know that got 2nd shot in
feb who went mask off got infected recently and one is showing long Covid symptoms.

gently caress around and find out gonna have another go

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

sonatinas posted:

two lib physicians i know that got 2nd shot in
feb who went mask off got infected recently and one is showing long Covid symptoms.

gently caress around and find out gonna have another go

but without a mask, the air tasted so sweet!

turns out that was the aerosolized covid

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
seeing an uptick in masks locally in a 4000 person VT town. we were in the masked majority at the hardware store.

when we got to the playground i told our 4 year old she could skip a mask because it was basically empty, but told her she would need to put one on if it got busier and she just said "just put my mask on now, please".

why the gently caress do grown rear end adults fight this so hard, this is a kid who screamed at me for five solid minutes this morning over her "right" to drop stuffed animals near my head from 12' up.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Hollismason posted:

Yeah, your problem is you don't have enough.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Hollismason posted:

this one makes you larger, this one makes you smaller, and this one makes you fart a whole hell of a lot

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I asked if I should get the pneumonia vaccine but the doctor said he didn't think I needed it.

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

Fireside Nut posted:

Like we talked about before, I totally get the anxiety about it all. Another poster mentioned waiting for the official booster discussion in the next few weeks - could be worth waiting for peace of mind.

I’m not even close to qualified to speak to this stuff but, a couple things: Moderna wouldn’t be putting their booster dose up for review if they didn’t feel good about the data. I know it’s a half dose, but I can’t imagine it’s that massive of a difference long term. :shrug: I have x3 Moderna now and will 250u vs. 300u make a huge difference long term? I don’t know but I would think not. The mRNA stuff also breaks down within two days after injection so it’s not like the extra stuff is sitting in your deltoid still.

Also, Pfizer and Moderna are pretty similar under the hood. Of course, this doesn’t mean you can use their trial data interchangeably, but it’s worth noting they have had extremely similar trial data so far. Even the Moderna CEO was making the rounds recently saying they are also seeing a drop in efficacy as time goes on and boosters are definitely needed.

I don’t know, there are other posters far more knowledgeable about this stuff than myself that can jump in and correct me, and maybe I’m just trying to make myself feel better about being in that no man’s land you mentioned, but I’m just hopeful my third dose will provide good protection for a decently long time. :)

Thanks, that makes me feel better, I really appreciate it. I'm sure I'll be going back and forth on it nonstop the next few days but hopefully when the time comes I'll feel good about doing it. It's so weird how my brain feels basically built to withstand this pandemic from a duration standpoint, but as soon as a decision has to be made I'm paralyzed.

It's funny, I didn't go into details but I told my very Open Biden sister that I made a fake name appointment for Moderna #3 and that I'm nervous, and she responded with "just get the loving shot" instead of the lecture I was expecting. Hopefully that's a good sign too.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Hollismason posted:

I asked if I should get the pneumonia vaccine but the doctor said he didn't think I needed it.

your doctor is lying to you

collect all the vaccines and power the gently caress up

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

wrap it up vaccinailures.
https://twitter.com/commieleejones/status/1417662303265243142?s=20
https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/status/1446314902499512330?s=20

Just get the virus and get it over with. And get it again if you need to. And if you die God decided it was your time to go anyway.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Atrocious Joe posted:

wrap it up vaccinailures.
https://twitter.com/commieleejones/status/1417662303265243142?s=20
https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/status/1446314902499512330?s=20

Just get the virus and get it over with. And get it again if you need to. And if you die God decided it was your time to go anyway.

could it be that parents who don’t prioritize their childrens health would also not bother taking them to see a doctor?

hmmm no its the vaccines that are wrong!

College Rockout
Jan 10, 2010

McNugget Buddy posted:

Why would Pfizer give out the lab results to a participant of a blinded trial

She got an antibody test from Quest or something

https://mobile.twitter.com/shannonwoodward/status/1425693862220025861

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
https://mobile.twitter.com/AllenWest/status/1446822942474637320/photo/1

https://mobile.twitter.com/AllenWest/status/1446830140034535427

Repost from trump thread, new Herman Cain award dropping soon hopefully

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Harik posted:

lol i remember this poo poo, and i also remember that the teacher who went viral by doing this for her kids died of covid-19 in like the first wave because of course they murdered her to keep daycare open

Honestly seems like it's her fault for not picking the red wristband.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Glumwheels posted:

Repost from trump thread, new Herman Cain award dropping soon hopefully

nah he's just lying to save chud face

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Kind of wonder if there is a case for mixing different kinds of vaccines. Shouldn't really matter, I guess? Unless you get the self-replicating Sputnik batch.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Koirhor posted:

could it be that parents who don’t prioritize their childrens health would also not bother taking them to see a doctor?

not only that, it's literally in the conclusion of the study :allears:

quote:

Children who were undervaccinated because of parental choice had lower rates of outpatient visits, lower rates of ED encounters, and no significant difference in inpatient admission rates compared with age-appropriately vaccinated children. These results suggest inherent health care–seeking behavioral differences between the 2 groups of parents

a more interesting set of metrics to me would be actual mortality in vaxxed vs unvaxxed kids, as well as rates of measles in vaxxed vs unvaxxed. pretty sure that work has been done and the data it's found is, uh, loving obvious

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

drat nice titers

Feste
Apr 7, 2009

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2021/10/covid-vocabulary-pandemic-words/620351/

:magemage:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Koirhor posted:

In any case "natural immunity" is doing abosolutelly nothing to protect yourself. Is like comparing going to war with keblar vest vs naked. The idea of natural immunity should be laughted at and is stupid. Is a novel virus.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
turns out that dead children don't use the ER at all!

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Tei posted:

In any case "natural immunity" is doing abosolutelly nothing to protect yourself. Is like comparing going to war with keblar vest vs naked. The idea of natural immunity should be laughted at and is stupid. Is a novel virus.

that explains everything, we've been listening to the expert epidemiologist dr. buck naked

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Cabbages and Kings posted:

seeing an uptick in masks locally in a 4000 person VT town. we were in the masked majority at the hardware store.

when we got to the playground i told our 4 year old she could skip a mask because it was basically empty, but told her she would need to put one on if it got busier and she just said "just put my mask on now, please".

why the gently caress do grown rear end adults fight this so hard, this is a kid who screamed at me for five solid minutes this morning over her "right" to drop stuffed animals near my head from 12' up.

because this stopped being about vaccines and masks a long time ago

they won’t let people they hate tell them what to do

they picked their hill and they’re literally willing to die on it

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Gio posted:

drat nice titers

this is the best news I’ve seen all year if that holds up

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Koirhor posted:

this is the best news I’ve seen all year if that holds up

time to suck and gently caress!!!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

getting the booster on Sunday. gently caress Fauci

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Same except I had the Pfizer dreams last night. I had forgotten about that.

Thoguh posted:

A day after my Pfizer booster all I have is arm soreness. Clearly I was given a placebo and need a fourth jab.

After having no effects from first two, Thursday afternoon’s booster had me feeling like dogshit until this morning. They must have given me the GOOD stuff.