Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

Finished the Medieval Blacksmith. Very cool set but heavily agree with the poster who says it is super fragile. Between the really weird tree, to the chairs in the kitchen, to the roof pieces that just hang on to things, lot of stuff a 3 yo can knock off easily while trying to play.

I finished my 3-in-1 Castle the other day and it is quite solid, particularly in its closed configuration. And it's $75 at Costco. Just in case you want a more play friendly medieval set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Double VIP points on Lego.com until the 17th. Might take until like 3 AM to show up on the site if it's like last time.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Oct 11, 2021

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Time to get a couple blue Fiats then!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So I used my VIP points on the VIP Metal Keychain...and then forgot to add the code to my order. And now the code expires in 30 days. Anyone want it? If you don't have PMs then give your email address.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

RatHat posted:

So I used my VIP points on the VIP Metal Keychain...and then forgot to add the code to my order. And now the code expires in 30 days. Anyone want it? If you don't have PMs then give your email address.

I'll take it if you really can't use it!

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Here's a thing about gender bias in legos...
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2021/oct/11/lego-to-remove-gender-bias-after-survey-shows-impact-on-children-stereotypes

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Should have never made faces beyond the original smiley tbh, it’s completely neutral so you can pretend it’s whoever you want. The hats don’t all have visible protruding hair but not all women have long hair so checkmate? :smug:

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Please get rid of minidolls so I can justify buying Friends sets to myself

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

RatHat posted:

Look at this sweet black Millennium Falcon MOC I saw on Reddit

Its smoke damaged from a fire. Hopefully insurance covers it because that’s a bummer. Even if you manage to clean it you’re never gonna get the smell out

Yeah, I have a set that got some smoke damage 20 years ago and you can still smell it, sucks.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

Habibi posted:

I finished my 3-in-1 Castle the other day and it is quite solid, particularly in its closed configuration. And it's $75 at Costco. Just in case you want a more play friendly medieval set.

... I currently have that sitting in our closet. Grandparents bought it for him. Glad to know it's solid.

Along with two 1500 piece Classic sets (wal-mart had it for $40 instead of $80, that's a bargain for that many pieces), so after his birthday and Christmas he'll have all the blocks he could use for me to build him more cars and trucks.

Crazy Joe Wilson fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Oct 11, 2021

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Is brothers-brick generally the best blog to see both cool MOCs and up to date announcements and set reviews? There are a lot of news aggregate sites but I just want to check one place.

Also if anyone knows any particularly good resources for learning stud.io besides standard googling and youtube that would be great!

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I was working all day yesterday and just started catching up on my phone. Why is this thread not going crazy about the train theme? Am I the only dork way into lego trains here?

Edit: or it's because that wasnt an actually announcement and just some speculative bullshit that popped up in my feeds apparently.

davebo fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Oct 11, 2021

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

davebo posted:

I was working all day yesterday and just started catching up on my phone. Why is this thread not going crazy about the train theme? Am I the only dork way into lego trains here?

Edit: or it's because that wasnt an actually announcement and just some speculative bullshit that popped up in my feeds apparently.

One of the "leaks", an Emerald Night re-run, was outed as a fake so I'm not sure if that's what you're referring to (I would love to see a re-released Emerald Night)

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

One of the "leaks", an Emerald Night re-run, was outed as a fake so I'm not sure if that's what you're referring to (I would love to see a re-released Emerald Night)

Yeah that and its fakeness were mentioned here a while back. It was mainly just separate people commenting based on one video suggesting they maybe ought to think about doing a train theme and the thumbnail for it I guess is a fake Lego box of a bullet train. Hot my hopes up for a second.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I was looking at this review of the new Vidiyo figures.
http://bricksfanz.com/43108-lego-vidiyo-bandmates-series-2-review/

They aren't really my cup of tea, but I noticed the carnival dancer has a upside down pink triangle on the back of his vest. Of course there's the Everyone Is Awesome, and the Queer Eye sets recently, but I can't recall a lgbt minifig in a regular set before now.

Edit: The slime singer is cool too.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
There’s plausible deniability that’s it’s just 80s neon, what with the Floridian flamingo, but also probably yes. Guy with abs in big floofy headress feels very gay.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A few weeks ago someone pointed out to me that the dark-haired minifigure in the Vintage Car Ideas set from this year has a varsity jacket with 'NB' printed on it. I hadn't made the connection myself. It's probably overthinking things a little, but it's fun to think that someone is surreptitiously sneaking in some representation.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
NB? New Balance?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Obviously it’s for North Brick High

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Fingers McLongDong posted:

I'll take it if you really can't use it!

Actually sorry, I might’ve been too hasty. Lego support might be able to help me. I’ll let you know if it doesn’t work out though.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Waltzing Along posted:

NB? New Balance?

574's to go with my Superstars.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
By the way a bunch of great sets are labeled as Retiring soon on the site, so if you want them you should probably get them while you can. Especially with the holiday season coming up. Rollercoaster, Jurassic park, Stranger Things, Ship in a Bottle, ect.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Man, I love when something comes together perfectly after some frustration. Spent like 2 hours this evening fumbling around trying to make the mandibles (? for lack of a better term. I'll call them that because that's what people always call the pointy things on the Millenium Falcon) work on Vic Viper, then realized I was over complicating the poo poo out of it and then all of a sudden they went together like clockwork in 15 minutes. Also totally redesigned the front end of the fuselage and figured out how I am going to reinforce the whole build in the back of my head. Over the course of an hour it went from a MOC I was thinking about throwing into the bin into something I think will be easily the best MOC I have ever made and the best Lego version of the ship ( the actual ship, not the sub genre of moc building. too much competition there lol) around. It put me in a good mood.

I'm totally annoyed that I am basically out of White tiles now though lol. I guess it's time to Bricklink and play the waiting game.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

veni veni veni posted:

Man, I love when something comes together perfectly after some frustration. Spent like 2 hours this evening fumbling around trying to make the mandibles (? for lack of a better term. I'll call them that because that's what people always call the pointy things on the Millenium Falcon) work on Vic Viper, then realized I was over complicating the poo poo out of it and then all of a sudden they went together like clockwork in 15 minutes. Also totally redesigned the front end of the fuselage and figured out how I am going to reinforce the whole build in the back of my head. Over the course of an hour it went from a MOC I was thinking about throwing into the bin into something I think will be easily the best MOC I have ever made and the best Lego version of the ship ( the actual ship, not the sub genre of moc building. too much competition there lol) around. It put me in a good mood.

I'm totally annoyed that I am basically out of White tiles now though lol. I guess it's time to Bricklink and play the waiting game.

I can't wait to see the result.

(I'm ordering ready for noVVember to build a triglavian inspired Vic because I'm insane)

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

RatHat posted:

Double VIP points on Lego.com until the 17th. Might take until like 3 AM to show up on the site if it's like last time.

Why does double points always start the day after I go to the store and buy a new set. At least the Mario block has been a fun build.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Olpainless posted:

I can't wait to see the result.

(I'm ordering ready for noVVember to build a triglavian inspired Vic because I'm insane)

Still in a bit of a rough draft state . Gonna add/rejigger a bunch of details and make the bottom side a bit more presentable. Then I still need to make the missiles. Overall really happy with how this is coming along though.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Oct 13, 2021

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Looks good

I'm also getting some battletech vibes

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Looking good!

Also doing some measurements around the house and I don’t quite have the space for the titanic I was thinking of, lol

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Yeah, looks rad so far. Great work!

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Almost reminds me of the U-wing set with the front fork, looks good.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I want the Titanic.
I have no place to put the Titanic.
The Titanic looks like a fabulous build.
I don't want to spend $700 on a LEGO set.
I want the Titanic.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just buy a good shelf for it and then you'll have a place to put it and you wont be spending $700 anymore it'll be 900 problem solved.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
If you're having trouble finding space for the Titanic, remember you can display it as two halves, about 600m apart.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

My dad wants the Titanic. :stonklol:

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

The_Doctor posted:

My dad wants the Titanic. :stonklol:

I can one-up this. My wife wants the Titanic.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

~Coxy posted:

I can one-up this. My wife wants the Titanic.

Mine cleared a spot for it on her plant shelf underneath the TV. This is a place of honor, so I guess I have to buy it now.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Promobricks and others have the 2022 modular leak.

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-modular-10297-hotel-geruecht/131059/

No photos, but detailed descriptions.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
2022 Speed Champions apparently include Ferrari 512M, Lotus Evija, Lamborghini Countach, and a duo of the Aston Martin Valkyrie & Aston Martin Vantage GT 3. Countach is a must-buy for me unseen- I hope it's the older racecar 512 and not the revised Testarossa, but I'm probably in either way.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Cool. A hotel sounds fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Results of the first 2021 Ideas review.

Jazz Quartet and The Office made it through, Snow White's Hut might. No surprise on the Office, really pleased the Jazz Quartet did because it's quite different to the usual stuff.

Would have liked the train bookends though (and the succulents and marine life).

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Oct 15, 2021