Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer
Joe Rogan is an addle brained moron who is a puppet for the Dana White new money class done tony soprano style. Just the absolute lowest loving bar of anything passing thought with the most banal idiotic asperations.
The only reason he has the audience he does and defenders in this thread is that they are as dim witted as he is. There is no class analysis of Rogan that makes him an acceptable figure regardless of whatever the gently caress CNN, one of the key mouthpieces of capital, is doing. Not to mention the CNN audience is an entirely different set of doofuses than the one Rogan is spreading his anti-vaxx, anti-trans, anti-worker message.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

who'd have fuckin guessed

https://twitter.com/dgurdasani1/status/1448933287796281365

innovating the grifting industry by disrupting the public health market

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Aspro is gonna take the servers CSPAM is on and put em through the magnet tumbler

legsarerequired
Dec 31, 2007
College Slice
One of my old friends invited me to an in-door event that will take place the weekend after Thanksgiving. I could be over-cautious here, but that doesn't seem like good timing at all during a pandemic.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

euphronius posted:

Lots of people from
Not-USA post here and covid isn’t over where they live . Unless it’s China . Hello China friends

Here in Australia it's just starting to pick up speed. I imagine it's making a Godzilla-esque power up noise: wumwumwumwumwumwumwumwumwumWUMWUMWUMWUM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qGmiIZZesc

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

captainbananas posted:

lol that Ashton Kutcher did this in the US and no one cares

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

legsarerequired posted:

One of my old friends invited me to an in-door event that will take place the weekend after Thanksgiving. I could be over-cautious here, but that doesn't seem like good timing at all during a pandemic.

i have an invite to a house party 8 days from now. tomorrow i have an invite to a chili cook off inside a machine shed hosted by a bunch of friendly anti vaxxers

best case im the typhoidmary at the house party

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

mastershakeman posted:

i have an invite to a house party 8 days from now. tomorrow i have an invite to a chili cook off inside a machine shed hosted by a bunch of friendly anti vaxxers

best case im the typhoidmary at the house party

My wife is bringing my son to a local Amusement park next week - She gets that im going into lockdown again In December/January

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

fosborb posted:

I guess you could say

we got

punked

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pillowpants posted:

My wife is bringing my son to a local Amusement park next week - She gets that im going into lockdown again In December/January

:sever:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

fosborb posted:

The Trumo administration also had lots of similar hilarious stories about how unqualified companies got similar contracts during the 2020 cris.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Pandemic Inc is extremely lol because when a country locks something down it never opens again until you lose. Imagine America closing all its international airports for COVID for the next five years

I don't think we even closed them for a week!
lol a realistic version of Pandemic Inc would be so easy to win

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

i saw zilla 2014 with somebody who had never seen a godzilla movie before and was totally unaware of his atomic breath power and she had the same "WHAT THE gently caress" reaction as the soldiers in the movie

"HE CAN DO THAT??!!!"

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

I had no idea that Pangon lineages were maintained on Github.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
is there anyone who posts here from Taiwan or even mainland China?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Animal-Mother posted:

i saw zilla 2014 with somebody who had never seen a godzilla movie before and was totally unaware of his atomic breath power and she had the same "WHAT THE gently caress" reaction as the soldiers in the movie

"HE CAN DO THAT??!!!"

How can anyone not know about Godzilla's atomic breath in 2014? Like I didn't see a Godzilla until my teens, but I knew he could breathe "fire" as long as I can remember

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
just found out my mother in law might have had a stroke a few days after her covid booster. fantastic

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

got my booster, gently caress yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XskJhF6u74Y

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/ReportsDaNews/status/1449009350522150915?s=20
https://twitter.com/royalpratt/status/1449045973662117889?s=20

Speaking of giant monsters fighting

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

captainbananas posted:

I don't buy it. This came out immediately after reports of the mysterious stealth variant in the UK.

But this doesn't explain any of the reports in India. I think this is just an attempt to calm people down because imagine having Covid ripping through your community that will never show on tests?

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Pandemic fatigue must be real as I wore only the Aura N95 mask to the grocery store this morning like a cowboy instead of the usual secure-click HF-802. It's fine but honestly less comfortable than the elastometric, in particular the air inside the mask got really humid presumably due to the lack of exhaust vent. It was ok for a quick trip, but wouldn't like to use it all day like medical professionals do. Definitely a bit easier on the noise though, which is my only complaint about the secure-click.

Going to the grocery store in-person is another risky activity I've taken up again post-vaccination. I tell myself it's because getting some underpaid retail worker to pick out my stuff in a crowded store during a pandemic has always been gross, but the reality is Trader Joe's is the only local place with Japanese sweet potatoes and they don't do curbside :(

Asproigerosis posted:

Nobody engages with my hell scape health care posts any more you're all busy crying about made up number reports that are completely detached from reality as nobody in health care has time to do testing or report any more. I will be gassing the thread at midnight. Covid is over.

Personally tried to really reduce posting itt when it sped up recently, as my white-noise posts add nothing to the discussion and crowd out useful posts from healthcare workers etc. Most of my posts get pre-emptively deleted as even I recoil from the drivel staring back from the screen, though not this one apparently. In terms of feedback it's impressive you've avoided infection so far and should I ever need an MRI I promise to get in the tube and stay still without complaint.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/Cleavon_MD/status/1448832204797317125

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

^^^^ i wish they would say when and with what they were jabbed with. either way loving brutal

Pamela Springstein posted:

there has always been a death crew
:krad:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I have picked out all my own groceries during the entire pandemic :smug:

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1449065624068628486

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Nocturtle posted:

Personally tried to really reduce posting itt when it sped up recently, as my white-noise posts add nothing to the discussion and crowd out useful posts from healthcare workers etc. Most of my posts get pre-emptively deleted as even I recoil from the drivel staring back from the screen, though not this one apparently. In terms of feedback it's impressive you've avoided infection so far and should I ever need an MRI I promise to get in the tube and stay still without complaint.

Your posts are great. Please :justpost:

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/10/15/world/covid-delta-variant-vaccine

quote:

The Food and Drug Administration’s vaccine advisory panel unanimously voted on Friday to recommend authorizing booster shots of Johnson & Johnson’s one-dose coronavirus vaccine at least two months after the first dose.

Representatives from Johnson & Johnson presented their case Friday morning during a meeting of the advisory panel, arguing that a second dose given either two months or six months after the first shot increased antibody levels, part of the immune response to vaccines. They also said that the single dose of the vaccine remained durable.

E: drat it

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

lol poo poo

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Do any places in the US even still carry the J+J "Walmart vaccine" thought most places stopped offering it after the blood clot issue?

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

etalian posted:

Do any places in the US even still carry the J+J "Walmart vaccine" thought most places stopped offering it after the blood clot issue?

prisons, etc

lmao where am I going to get a booster?

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Asproigerosis posted:

Nobody engages with my hell scape health care posts any more you're all busy crying about made up number reports that are completely detached from reality as nobody in health care has time to do testing or report any more. I will be gassing the thread at midnight. Covid is over.

Tbf I never know what to say bc they're both terrifying and make me want to give you a big hug (safely)

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

fosborb posted:

prisons, etc

Are you in NY? All joking aside I may have an answer that can help. If not, IDK.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Rescue Toaster posted:

If you got boosted in August are you immunocompromised in some way or just Max Titers? I got mine in August because I'm on antimetabolite medication (which specifically suppresses antibody production) and have been told to basically operate as if I'm unvaccinated forever. :rubby:

I know I'm hoping it keeps me out of the hospital at least (as it seems to be doing for you, fingers crossed) but real immunity is probably a pipe dream. Hopefully the PrEP version of the antibody cocktail becomes available in 2022, though!

I thought if someone in your household got delta, then no matter what, you pretty much will get delta. 2 fully vaxxed friends of mine in good shape with no health issues, early 40's, got delta a couple of months after they were fully vaccinated.

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021
Any tips for getting a seal on an FF-402 (or in general)? Somehow the first two times I tried my respirator on I got it on the first shot - I just spent a full hour trying to get a seal and just can't do it, I feel like screaming. Air keeps rushing out roughly parallel to my eyes making a deep humming sound, there is no amount of tightening that fixes it.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

redreader posted:

I thought if someone in your household got delta, then no matter what, you pretty much will get delta. 2 fully vaxxed friends of mine in good shape with no health issues, early 40's, got delta a couple of months after they were fully vaccinated.

I think it's like a literal 100% attack rate regardless of titers, there's never been a case where all residents of a building didn't get it if one did

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Are you in NY? All joking aside I may have an answer that can help. If not, IDK.

Iowa

honestly my wife wants to just do a full round of moderna at this point and I agree

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fosborb posted:

prisons, etc

Vaccine Spotter shut down, lol

This works I guess:

https://www.vaccines.gov/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Why Am I So Tired posted:

Any tips for getting a seal on an FF-402 (or in general)? Somehow the first two times I tried my respirator on I got it on the first shot - I just spent a full hour trying to get a seal and just can't do it, I feel like screaming. Air keeps rushing out roughly parallel to my eyes making a deep humming sound, there is no amount of tightening that fixes it.

Are you wearing it upside down or something

Do you have a beard