Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
went to the pumpkin patch yesterday and saw:

-teen in a guy fawkes bandana mask
-guy be visibly aghast that masks were required to enter the place
-lady in one of those "certified bartender" Facebook post hoodies
-lots of TRUML stickers on cars

they also had a camel and a donkey sharing a cage and I really want them to fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

etalian posted:

mRNA creates poison inside the body which leads to die off of cells.

technically true in some cases

for instance, if SARS-COV-2 viral RNA gets inside the human body and is able to replicate until it has a foothold

how do these morons not understand virus == spike protein PLUS MANY OTHER MORE WORRYING PROTEINS

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Animal-Mother posted:

Powell took the heat for the My Lai massacre, took the fall for the fake evidence of Iraqi WMD's, got talked out of running for president as a Republican because Republican voters threatened his life, got blacklisted for endorsing Obama, and then died because his own political team spread a disease to him.

Whole life, dude was a chump.

lmao cucked to the very end. get hosed and rest in piss you war mongering piece of poo poo

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!
Another data point for "Go get your third dose, nobody cares". Logged into my insurance to have a look at the claims and they accepted and paid for the 3rd dose no issues. This is with me using my real info for all doses, but telling Walgreens I was qualified according to the CDC rules, and then also fibbing to the actual pharmacist when he lightly pushed back by asking what condition with "Humira for psoriasis" (although to be fair, I got the impression he thought I was earnest, just misunderstanding the CDC regs).

Hopefully my premiums don't skyrocket, but so far so good with the minimal lying route for people who wanted legit records.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
lol remember the time Colin Powell admitted that there's no way DC would be able to operate without ambien?

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr Hootington posted:

His family is going through pain now. I do not understand the glee this thread has when it sees the deaths of individuals.

It's because you lack conviction

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Cabbages and Kings posted:

for instance, if SARS-COV-2 viral RNA gets inside the human body and is able to replicate until it has a foothold

how do these morons not understand virus == spike protein PLUS MANY OTHER MORE WORRYING PROTEINS

Most people in the US don't understand any form of science. The light switch might as well be magic to these people.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Forseti posted:

Another data point for "Go get your third dose, nobody cares". Logged into my insurance to have a look at the claims and they accepted and paid for the 3rd dose no issues. This is with me using my real info for all doses, but telling Walgreens I was qualified according to the CDC rules, and then also fibbing to the actual pharmacist when he lightly pushed back by asking what condition with "Humira for psoriasis" (although to be fair, I got the impression he thought I was earnest, just misunderstanding the CDC regs).

Hopefully my premiums don't skyrocket, but so far so good with the minimal lying route for people who wanted legit records.

most people won't even have to lie because "underlying medical conditions" includes being overweight which is 3/4 of adults.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Iron Crowned posted:

Most people in the US don't understand any form of science. The light switch might as well be magic to these people.

Can you explain a light switch entirely?

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Forseti posted:

Walgreens has this in my chart

incidentally last week my insurance denied a medication I've been on for almost a year lmao

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 361 days!

Before you take the vaccination see comments from http://frontlinedoctors.com if you have taken the shot drink pine needles tea to offset the spike protein.according to what I read. We are being silenced. There is more damage/ deaths than reported to VAERS. I

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

poll plane variant posted:

Can you explain a light switch entirely?

It is a basic mechanical device that allows an electric current to complete a circuit :shrug:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

“We've arranged a global civilization in which most crucial elements profoundly depend on science and technology. We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces.”

― Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Iron Crowned posted:

It is a basic mechanical device that allows an electric current to complete a circuit :shrug:

haha look at this big dummy who doesn't understand midichlorians

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

haha look at this big dummy who doesn't understand midichlorians

Can you explain midichlorians?

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Griz posted:

most people won't even have to lie because "underlying medical conditions" includes being overweight which is 3/4 of adults.

in the us you can get the vax now if you're depressed or have any number of mental health conditions

posting here is one of them

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Lady at work whose mother died of covid (lies. Nursing/funeral/hospital/coroner all want that $10k per covid death) 10 days ago is crying back between the big press and oven because she has to wear masks at work one more week.

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Griz posted:

This was for Moderna all three times which I don't think is covered under the standard American underlying condition. My understanding is that the boosters are only available if you got Pfizer originally. Moderna is a full third dose but only for immunocompromised. Although the FDA just recommended boosters for Moderna too but only 65+ or something so maybe lower dose boosters this week?

I think. It's a loving mess, gg libs.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

thank god I don't want to do any of that poo poo, then!!

i'd love to be able to go to weekly bar trivia. we also have one of our new remote employees visiting next week and it would be awesome to go out and have a nice dinner paid for by my employer or to get together for a few meetings, since i've never spoken to them in person.

but it's impossible to do that stuff safely so i'm just.......... not. and if we could somehow get everyone to do that for a few weeks, we'd have ended this a long time ago but oh well.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

facetoucher cat posted:

in the us you can get the vax now if you're depressed or have any number of mental health conditions

posting here is one of them

I'll be sure to take a printout of my post history to show the pharmacist

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1450122214544662528?s=20

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

He tried to tell his followers at one rally post presidency and he got booed so he stopped pushing it entirely. Typical trump doublespeak, this won’t fly with his base either.

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Glumwheels posted:

He tried to tell his followers at one rally post presidency and he got booed so he stopped pushing it entirely. Typical trump doublespeak, this won’t fly with his base either.

that was great, he backed down mid-sentence

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

well if theres one person that can convince millions of people who've held out on the vax to finally get it, i guess it would be him

(not all the chuds obviously but enough to move the needle)

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 361 days!
Vaccine hesitancy in general would be less if trump were still president

The widescale rollout on the other hand,

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Colin Powell died because he didn't get that booster, don't make his mistake

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Pead posted:

that was great, he backed down mid-sentence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA306aNtvmk

tenderjerk posted:

Completely wrong, his base is the worst of the worst. They would have found any reason not to do it so not only would we have had poo poo rollout run by kushners frat bros we’d be at probably only 30-40% vaccination rate.

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

Asproigerosis posted:

specifically, they shorted your test enough cycles so it'd test as negative no matter what. they can't legally say negative unless they do enough cycles to guarantee accuracy, when they don't they just say not detected.

What? are labs actually shorting pcr cycles? 'Not detected' is a pretty standard result description for PCR. Lots of stuff can mess it up, and it not a diagnosis, just a result.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 361 days!

Glumwheels posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA306aNtvmk

Completely wrong, his base is the worst of the worst. They would have found any reason not to do it so not only would we have had poo poo rollout run by kushners frat bros we’d be at probably only 30-40% vaccination rate.
idk maybe, i really don't think there would have been as big a vacuum post-election for vaccine misinformation if Strong Daddy Trump was telling you on day one to take the beautiful vaccine he just invented

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

tenderjerk posted:

Nah, liberals would be the ones refusing to vaccinate instead. The anti vax movement is massive in liberal facebookmom groups.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
my turd cat woke me up at 2:30am so instead of getting on the internet I made bread, a traditional pandemic past time

will admit I wasn't going to get online today but I heard about Covid Powell and had to log in

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

not... get... online?

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

not... get... online?

o_o what were they gonna do???

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Asproigerosis posted:

covid thread finally making the qanon pivot because they can't handle that covid is endemic and over

Finally. Time to close this thread.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

tenderjerk posted:

idk maybe, i really don't think there would have been as big a vacuum post-election for vaccine misinformation if Strong Daddy Trump was telling you on day one to take the beautiful vaccine he just invented

You not only have trump saying it right in that video you also had many in senior Republican leadership members and governors saying it early on. Did that stop tucker, joe rogan, Lara Ingram, newsmax, OANN from peddling anti-vaccine conspiracy theories? They’re catering to the lowest common denominator/uneducated buffoons and conspiracy theorists. These people wouldn’t have ceased to exist if trump had done a PSA in January. They would have turned on him.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

T-Paine posted:

o_o what were they gonna do???

This is my list of stuff I do when I'm not online, yes this is a copy paste from my spreadsheet

DAILY:
brush teeth
shower
make breakfast
make lunch
make dinner
feed birds
water plants
get mail
laundry
dishes
wash cat dishes
clean litter boxes
take out meat for next day

WEEKLY:
sweep bathrooms & kitchen
mop bathrooms & kitchen
sweep hardwood floors
clean windows
vacuum
clean tables
take out garbage
wax kitchen table
wax nightstand
clean fridge w/ spray
clean off smoking table
sweep back porch
clean out fridge
bleach cat mats

BI-MONTHLY:
wash sheets and blankets
clean toilets
clean mirrors
dust

MONTHLY:
clean drains: kitchen, bathrooms, tub & sinks
polish hardwood floors
clean desks
clean showers
scrub plate drying mat with bleach spray
oil counters in kitchen and bathroom
clean & condition leather couch
wipe down all walls & doors

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Glumwheels posted:

You not only have trump saying it right in that video you also had many in senior Republican leadership members and governors saying it early on. Did that stop tucker, joe rogan, Lara Ingram, newsmax, OANN from peddling anti-vaccine conspiracy theories? They’re catering to the lowest common denominator/uneducated buffoons and conspiracy theorists. These people wouldn’t have ceased to exist if trump had done a PSA in January. They would have turned on him.

Yeah Trump getting booed by his own Chud fanbase at the rallies was what would have happened.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1449578155098968064?t=An0hhnlhtyRSXDT0StGq7g&s=19

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 361 days!
Did the vaccination discourse (re: taking it or not) even exist while trump was president?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

facetoucher cat posted:

my turd cat woke me up at 2:30am so instead of getting on the internet I made bread, a traditional pandemic past time

will admit I wasn't going to get online today but I heard about Covid Powell and had to log in

Focaccia? Yes please! Looks delicious!