Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Since they did Sesame Street a Mister Roger's Neighborhood set would be cool too. It could have a miniscale Neighborhood of Make-believe too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

RatHat posted:

Since they did Sesame Street a Mister Roger's Neighborhood set would be cool too. It could have a miniscale Neighborhood of Make-believe too.

Well I thought I wouldn't be tempted to actually buy more Lego but that might just do it

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Nice, just earned my second ever thread title edit.
There are multiple sources for the story about Mr Belvedere's balls btw.

I'm a massive Ghostbusters nerd, I was just exaggerating.

But not by much.

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

They’re waiting for the last minute in case it gets delayed again, like what happened with the Ecto-1.
I hope so.

Dogen posted:

I mean, people have seen the film and reviewed it I doubt they’d hold it back again.

I remember there being some piece count/price/set number rumors, were additional sets ever that heavily rumored or am I misremembering
There have been rumors about piece count/price/rough description, but not for more than a year. It seems likely that the sets were late in pre-production, but then shelved when the movie's release was postponed. I'm just worried the plans went from the shelf to the trash when the movie was postponed for the second time.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
I don't know Mr. Belvedere so I'm picturing Mr. Feeney

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

I was on the fence about getting the Chiron and I ultimately decided against it. I don't have any Technic, why start now?

I really enjoyed the new-ish Ferrari 488 and it’s half the price of the Chiron. I think the only feature it’s lacking is the transmission.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Chairchucker posted:

Red Dwarf is the only sitcom set I want

Could have a lot of fun with Red Green too

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Minifig scale Red Dwarf when

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Ragequit posted:

The set is made entirely of tiles duct-taped together

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

mentholmoose posted:

lmao at the thread title.

I picked up the Technic Bugatti Chiron because it's about to retire. I did the Land Rover a while back; anybody here do both of them and have thoughts on like, which one is more difficult?

I happen to have both, the Chiron is a longer build, looks a little nicer (it's literally just a bigger set with a higher piece count, so they can get do more detailed bodywork) but I think the gearbox systems in the Land Rover was a little bit more complex, or at least, I think an error in the manual led me to have to look up a youtube video on how to fix it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

The Bloop posted:

Minifig scale Red Dwarf when

It has to the cabin, not stupid starbug.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Waltzing Along posted:

No I want the whole ship

Or maybe the Lexx

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

The Bloop posted:

No I want the whole ship

Or maybe the Lexx

Moya. :colbert:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

The Bloop posted:

No I want the whole ship

Or maybe the Lexx

A Red Dwarf model that has a cutaway of the cabin does sound nice.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

a red dwarf kit and the nanobots assemble it for you....

I...I wouldn't mind a scutter or two

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

deoju posted:

There have been rumors about piece count/price/rough description, but not for more than a year. It seems likely that the sets were late in pre-production, but then shelved when the movie's release was postponed. I'm just worried the plans went from the shelf to the trash when the movie was postponed for the second time.

It wouldn’t be the first time Lego have shelved stuff I was looking forward to. Wave 3 of Dimensions with more Doctor Who minifigs. :sigh:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Oxyclean posted:

I happen to have both, the Chiron is a longer build, looks a little nicer (it's literally just a bigger set with a higher piece count, so they can get do more detailed bodywork) but I think the gearbox systems in the Land Rover was a little bit more complex, or at least, I think an error in the manual led me to have to look up a youtube video on how to fix it.

So does every set with a working gearbox have an error in the manual? Wasn’t the Porsche hosed up too?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The Voice of Labor posted:

a red dwarf kit and the nanobots assemble it for you....

Be careful with that, you'll either end up with a ship ten times larger, or one way too small with a planet-sized clump of bricks alongside it

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

So does every set with a working gearbox have an error in the manual? Wasn’t the Porsche hosed up too?
IIRC the Porache's deal was that its gears didn't go directly in order, but it was explained that that was deliberate to reduce load on the system. The later Technic supercars gearboxes were better designed. So, not a mistake, but a design compromise at the time.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I think the error in the Land Rover was in how you hooked up some axels with a universal joint (I think thats what it's called?) so it wasn't directly in the gearbox?

There might have also been an easy-to-make mistake that I had done in addition to the previous one.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Oxyclean posted:

I think the error in the Land Rover was in how you hooked up some axels with a universal joint (I think thats what it's called?) so it wasn't directly in the gearbox?

There might have also been an easy-to-make mistake that I had done in addition to the previous one.

This is accurate, because my 10 year old just built the Land Rover and ran into this: the original manual had a mistake in the alignment of one of the universal joints. An updated manual fixed this in the description / visual of the step where you attach it, but not in all of the other visuals of the mechanism, so it was still easy to gently caress up.

To the other question: don't know about the Chiron, but last year this kid built the Sian, and of the two I think the Land Rover was by some distance the more fun of the two, because (1) it didn't require the same compromise of structural integrity to achieve the shape, (2) it has a more interesting gearbox, and (3) you can actually play with it - it has great play features and the steering mechanism has been extended to a knob on the roof so you don't have to reach your fingers into the cab to turn the wheel while zooming it around.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

RatHat posted:

Totally complete my early childhood TV watching experience. Throw in a Magic Garden too.

Waltzing Along posted:

Not the same type of cabin but with all these show / movie sets I’d be so down for a Cabin in the Woods set.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The_Doctor posted:

It wouldn’t be the first time Lego have shelved stuff I was looking forward to. Wave 3 of Dimensions with more Doctor Who minifigs. :sigh:

Missy :cry:

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Wow that office set looks like absolute poo poo lol.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Stan Taylor posted:

Wow that office set looks like absolute poo poo lol.

The real one is pretty much guaranteed to be much better. It'll be created by acutal designers, and not just a placeholder.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
I'll be interested to see what they do with it since the real tv set doesn't really have a fourth wall to look in from.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Michael's office, reception desk, jim/dwight desk. That's it.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
No matter how much they spruce it up, it'll still be a boring gray office with a shitton of minifigs.

Honestly, almost all the sitcom sets have just been "boring-looking room with a bunch of minifigs of your favorite characters" to the point where I kind of wish they'd just cut out the boring room and just release minifig packs.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

CodfishCartographer posted:

No matter how much they spruce it up, it'll still be a boring gray office with a shitton of minifigs.

Honestly, almost all the sitcom sets have just been "boring-looking room with a bunch of minifigs of your favorite characters" to the point where I kind of wish they'd just cut out the boring room and just release minifig packs.

True, figs and props would suffice for most properties

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Okay, how would you make a good set out of some of these sitcoms? UCS Fusilli Jerry, or Puerto Rican Day parade playset maybe?

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

Mameluke posted:

Okay, how would you make a good set out of some of these sitcoms? UCS Fusilli Jerry, or Puerto Rican Day parade playset maybe?

Central Park with a rockin' van

Electromax
May 6, 2007
How about a Celebrity Deathmatch wrestling ring with Kramer, Dwight, Monica whoever in a battle royale. NBC Smash Bros Lego set, everyone gets paid.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I want an ALF set so I can recreate the scene from episode 412 where Alf sexually assaults Mr. Tanner.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Ragequit posted:

Unsurprisingly, I was beaten to my suggestion:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mameluke posted:

I guess a multi-story building with a different set in each one?

Monks on the bottom floor, George's Apartment on 2nd, Mr. Peterman's office on the top, Kramer on the roof suntanning with the butter

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I think this thing (from the Creator Pickup) might be the first thing in awhile I thought was particularly unfun to build? Like, I didn't love some of the windows on the Daily Bugle, but this thing was frustrating to put together with how fragile it was. There's basically no clutch between single studs on the circle pieces, so you don't get any integrity until they're sandwiched. You basically gotta keep it flat on a surface while you get it together, but even then I kinda had stuff sliding/slipping out of place. Bleh.

But with all the loose doodads out of the way, I can look forward to building the truck!

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Jang specifically called out that thing in his review so you're not alone.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The Chiron's being retired? I always had a thing for Bugatti's and drat, I'd love to have that set but the price is just more than I want for it. Still though... might have to get it.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Welp, apparently a friend of my dad's took his grandchildren to Billund this summer. And asked him to pick up the Brick Moulding Machine, which just arrived by mail as my birthday present. Now I just need to figure out how I'm going to display this...

Electromax
May 6, 2007
You've prompted me to go watch Lego's video on how they are manufactured: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3oiy9eekzk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
https://twitter.com/pourmecoffee/status/1450438003751534593

Lego are pretty expensive but there have got to be better things to steal when it comes to dollars per pound or square footage.