Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Yesterday I watched the episode where Tony goes to Naples with Paulie and Christopher and all Christopher wanted to do was see Mount Vesuvius but spent the entire time in the hotel conked out on heroin

my favorite part of that episode is paulie only eating marinara and noodles everywhere he goes and everyone acting like hes a fuckin child

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

my favorite part of that episode is paulie only eating marinara and noodles everywhere he goes and everyone acting like hes a fuckin child

Yeah lol, I think he's eating squid ink pasta and asks for macaroni with gravy

MeatwadIsGod posted:

This dude was a gangster irl so he basically just played an exaggerated version of himself

https://youtu.be/qxddINwarJk

I was reading about his life the other day, he accepted the Paulie role on the condition that the character wouldn't become a rat

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Fungah! posted:

I just watched this episode and that was hilarious

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wormskull posted:

lol gross.

Looks like Joe Chin

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

symbolic posted:

ganbatte, gonna finish season 3 tonight myself. stopped after Pine Barrens last time, might be my favorite ep so far

after Pine Barrens, Amour Fou and Army of One hit like a one-two freight train :staredog:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fungah! posted:

lol yeah.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Its not really where you post about this but I was on the back porch listening to the Nightfly and I told Alexa New Song instead of next song since I didn’t want to hear Maxine and Alexa said … Okay! like a really excited teenager and then started singing a 60s style country song about being a lonely cowgirl. It was pretty epic and insane.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Its not really where you post about this but I was on the back porch listening to the Nightfly and I told Alexa New Song instead of next song since I didn’t want to hear Maxine and Alexa said … Okay! like a really excited teenager and then started singing a 60s style country song about being a lonely cowgirl. It was pretty epic and insane.

lol. one time i got tired of my three year old asking Google the same four questions over and over again, so i told him it was temporarily broken. he said "i'm gonna check. okay, google, are you working?" and Google jubilantly told him that she was always working very hard. just threw me right under the bus.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Watching Deep Blue Sea.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Wormskull posted:

maxines a good song though

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
speaking of donald fagen i listened to kamakiriad in the car the other day for the first time and i really liked it. snowbound is a great song, it went really well with driving at sunset in the newly chill fall air

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

LL Cool J just got whisked away by the raging waters of the ocean, down a bunch of stairs, saying Oh poo poo! the whole time.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mycophobia posted:

maxines a good song though

I wasn't in the mood.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I've been listening to the album Ecoute Ca by super db over and over lately, if you like west coast 80s sound it's the first modern version of that I really like, it's not overproduced or oversynthed like 80s throwback music usually is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHly6MUVUHQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adKFy2am1AE

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GorfZaplen posted:

I've been listening to the album Ecoute Ca by super db over and over lately, if you like west coast 80s sound it's the first modern version of that I really like, it's not overproduced or oversynthed like 80s throwback music usually is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHly6MUVUHQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adKFy2am1AE

im not sure what it reminds me of exactly but i like this type of poo poo. thanks lol.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fungah! posted:

ssss+: the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya

This, dear sirs.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Watching Deep Blue Sea.

classic

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

like halfway through the fifth season. only thing i read by nk jemisin before was the city we became which i liked but didnt love but her fantasy stuff is 100x better so far. some real hosed up poo poo in here lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

oh yeah everything on criterion website is half off today

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Fungah! posted:

i already own all the best criterions (hausu, godzilla, naked lunch)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

no bruce lee collection

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

Youre missing burnout

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I already bought The Gunfighter so I’m good

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Fungah! posted:

Nice. Gonna buy more japanese movies I'll never watch

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Hausu is the best Halloween movie

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

criterion has a youtube series called 'closet picks' where directors come in and browse their complete physical catalogue, talk about their favorite movies, and take their favorites home. most directors pick their top three or four

when the safdie brothers did it they realized they were all free and looted the place lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSdxbBsShak

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Trailer Park Boys really starts to reek when they let the cast write it. Sheesh.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Wormskull posted:

Trailer Park Boys really starts to reek when they let the cast write it. Sheesh.

you can tell it was supposed to end after season 6

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

RIP

https://twitter.com/ToeiAnimation/status/1450634964991574021

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the worst one i've seen is the first ep of one of the netflix exclusive seasons where the boys fly to atlanta and the joke [?] is that ricky and julian drive around a dune buggy on artificial dunes while bubbles yells and theres gopro dashcam footage. this goes on for about 20 minutes

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Finished reading dlcdhainsawmamn

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

the worst one i've seen is the first ep of one of the netflix exclusive seasons where the boys fly to atlanta and the joke [?] is that ricky and julian drive around a dune buggy on artificial dunes while bubbles yells and theres gopro dashcam footage. this goes on for about 20 minutes

There's like 10 episodes where the cold open is 10 people screaming "Put your loving gun down" immediately before firing the gun, which was kinda funny the first time but come on.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Frenz posted:

you can tell it was supposed to end after season 6

7 was good… but yes

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ArfJason posted:

Finished reading dlcdhainsawmamn

CSM pwns, the anime can't come soon enough

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

symbolic posted:

CSM pwns, the anime can't come soon enough

x files anime :pray:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

that trailer thing they made for the live action cowboy bebop is cool.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

that trailer thing they made for the live action cowboy bebop is cool.

[throws my jacket over your head and quickly rushes you out of the thread before everyone else sees this post] go! Run!!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

[throws my jacket over your head and quickly rushes you out of the thread before everyone else sees this post] go! Run!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002