Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Most of what I remember of Egwene in Salidar is her getting bitched out by Romanda and Lelaine. I guess there's the bit where she fucks up Mierin, that was cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

did y'all collectively forget the bizarre ritual spanking that i hope to god is removed from the show or am i actually supposed to believe that egwene having a love interest somehow damages her character compared to that

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I just got to the end of tFoH in Wheel Takes with all of the condolences

OMG, it was amazing and more than everything I had hoped for

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Johnny Joestar posted:

the bizarre ritual spanking

I'm sorry, you're going to have to be more specific.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

aparmenideanmonad posted:

I'm sorry, you're going to have to be more specific.

a lot more specific

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Both Gawyn and ritual spanking can be damaging to her character. These aren’t mutually exclusive.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

doesn't the part in LoC where she's getting punished by the aiel happen off screen...?

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

The Glumslinger posted:

I just got to the end of tFoH in Wheel Takes with all of the condolences

OMG, it was amazing and more than everything I had hoped for

RIP Morgan

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

buffalo all day posted:

doesn't the part in LoC where she's getting punished by the aiel happen off screen...?

You mean the part where she's crawling around at a Wise One tea party, naked and crying into the carpets, while the Aiel each take turns strapping her so she can meet her toh? I mean, Jordan takes the time to describe how bony Bair's ankles are as she grabs them so it's pretty on screen.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

aparmenideanmonad posted:

You mean the part where she's crawling around at a Wise One tea party, naked and crying into the carpets, while the Aiel each take turns strapping her so she can meet her toh? I mean, Jordan takes the time to describe how bony Bair's ankles are as she grabs them so it's pretty on screen.

gah!!!! i must have skipped past this

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

That scene starts after the last strapping has ended but before Egwene knows it, it shows her preparing for another bout and in doing so proving that she's got the heart of an Aiel and everyone says she has no toh towards them. It's not particularly gratuitous or anything, just describes what happened and how Egwene was ready to bear more of it and centers more on her character and how she's earned the respect of the Wise Ones than anything.

That scene sucks approximately 10 bajillion times less than the dream-Gawyn sequences or the secret-meetings-with-Gawyn sequences.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Still not as bad as the time Perrin went to town on Faile in the Ways

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Most of the Gawyn dream fantasies just melt away in the narrative, there is almost no actual descriptive text about whats going on only that she recognizes getting lost in that kind of dream is *bad*

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Rarity posted:

Still not as bad as the time Perrin went to town on Faile in the Ways

Which also, gratefully, happened off screen, mostly.

Has Rafe or anyone noted whether or not the very, very 90's corporal punishment is good view is being kept or not? I feel like they could easily enough remove it and just...not.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
There's no way they're going to do all the spanking in the show. I could see it happen once or be mentioned once as some kind of gag or wink to the bookreaders.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Just like LOTR had a bunch of famous swordmasters in to teach the cast how to fight, WoT is gonna bring in a bunch of kink doms to teach the cast how to spank each other properly

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

silvergoose posted:

Which also, gratefully, happened off screen, mostly.

Has Rafe or anyone noted whether or not the very, very 90's corporal punishment is good view is being kept or not? I feel like they could easily enough remove it and just...not.

Considering the tone of the show is all about yay women and yay diversity I don't see them keeping the weird conservative hangups

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

How are u posted:

There's no way they're going to do all the spanking in the show. I could see it happen once or be mentioned once as some kind of gag or wink to the bookreaders.

Jordan had two kinks slip into his writing, all the spanking and coming up with reasons to write his female characters naked. And occasionally both at the same time. If the show was going to "naked it up" GoT style then one would think that scene in the teaser where Egwene comes out of the water in all the paint would be the perfect time to do it. But in the teaser she's fully dressed. So I'm inclined to think that there will be much less nudity, saving it for significant scenes rather than just tits hanging out all the time like GoT did. And by extension, I'd expect most if not all of the spanking will get binned as well.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Elayne and Aviendha doing the sister bonding is probably the only time nudity makes sense for the scene, all other times it's superfluous at best. So either cut all of it or I want to see one naked farm boy for each naked Aes Sedai/Wise One.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Elayne and Aviendha doing the sister bonding is probably the only time nudity makes sense for the scene, all other times it's superfluous at best. So either cut all of it or I want to see one naked farm boy for each naked Aes Sedai/Wise One.

Funnily enough, the one half naked scene we did see in the teaser was half naked Rand and half naked Egwene together, so we're right on track for that so far!

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

theres a new 1 minute teaser up on amazon prime video if you got it

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
We also know they're doing nude scenes for the Saldaean baths (because Daniel Henney said he had a nude hot tub scene coming up and that fits best).

My guess is a lot of tits and rear end but no dong / full frontal. They'll probably nix most of the spanking but it wouldn't suprrise me if they play up the Leashed Ones stuff with the Seanchan a lot.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Hexel posted:

all gender neutral pronouns re: the dragon and egwene being shown with the three boys right after "who is the dragon reborn"

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Hexel posted:

Looks like they're really leaning into not knowing which of the four youngins from Emond's Field is the Dragon Reborn which is pretty cool.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Remember not to spoil things for first timers.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Yeah I hope we as wot fans can not poo poo up the tviv thread as bad as the got fans did.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CainsDescendant posted:

Yeah I hope we as wot fans can not poo poo up the tviv thread as bad as the got fans did.

Goons gonna goon

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

CainsDescendant posted:

The GoT fans seem like a bunch of cranky fuckers because their series is bad and will never be finished. As a Mature Sophisticated WoT fan I'm sure we'll handle it with style and aplomb.

Need a Kelly comic.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

yeah unlike GOT i've had a satisfying ending to this series so this is just gravy, im here to enjoy and have a good time and if it sucks ill probably just stop posting since I already know how the story ends.

the thing where people post 900 times a day about all the poo poo they hate about something makes no sense to me

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

imho wheel of time is good

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

eke out posted:

:shuckyes:

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I'm just waiting for people to make some gang tags. DRAGONSWOON what up

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

red hand gang :toot:

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

gangtags are fail but im hype for this show

Hexel posted:

this video is real cool, i definitely like the idea of an end of episode cliffhanger reveal of THE DRAGON

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Hexel posted:

Whoever it is in this thread that works for Amazon must have taken my criticism of the first trailer not mentioning the Dragon to heart. They said Dragon like 100 times in this one.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

th3t00t posted:

Whoever it is in this thread that works for Amazon must have taken my criticism of the first trailer not mentioning the Dragon to heart. They said Dragon like 100 times in this one.

im jeff bezos, thank you for your feedback :twisted:

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

eke out posted:

:hmmyes:

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Bongo Bill posted:

Remember not to spoil things for first timers.

If the Foundation thread in TVIV is anything to go by, people will be posting about how Rand cleanses Saidin every few pages

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

buffalo all day posted:

im jeff bezos, thank you for your feedback :twisted:

Please stop going into space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

CainsDescendant posted:

I thought people were really good about not spoiling things in the TVIV threads. Book readers wanted to live vicariously through the unspoiled-non-book-readers reactions to the show. FYAD buying spoiler AVs, signatures, Banners, and renaming sub forums to spoilers is something else entirely.