Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
I like
The
Baby cacodemons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Squeezy Farm posted:

I like
The
Baby cacodemons

this

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

ArfJason posted:

i played it and i dont think the gameplay concept was fully developed op, its more style over substance here. only in the final boss does it start to make sense with the concept for sustaining yourself in the air with timed bursts to maintain a combo but that makes doing tricks completely unnecessary outside of initially building meter for that first attack, worst of all all the levels before dont encourage ro provide much of a means for this playstyle until the end anyway. momentum isn't utilised in a way that makes it feel like skateboarding and ramps are more of a nuisance than an opportunity to build score and meter, if there was a more developed trick system and height buildup with the skateboarding aspect emphasized it would give more to do when not hitting the burst button

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

YOU MUST use the latest version of dsda doom or gzdoom tho since no other ports have implemented mbf 21 yet. dsda is prboom basically so its cool. bye
I enjoy that the range of no nonsense names for Doom source ports etc eventually become indistinguishable from normal lyle typing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bump for Horde Mode being added to Quake 1. See you in the Slipgate, Rangers.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

gently caress you

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

gah!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
https://www.doomworld.com/cacowards/2021/index/

the real game awards are here folks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh hell yeah.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Badass

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
of the ones i've played Heartland and Atmospheric Extinction are really excellent. Heartland is so good it made me fix Eternity Engines terrible default movement and mouse options and FOV which iirc can only be changed in the stupid terminal and not from an in game menu.

Time Tripper is a very cool gzdoom conversion, basically turns it into a glowing projectile shmup, but it works really well. Lullaby is very pretty but i didn't finish it because its a large map and i forgot to save oops.

Doom In Spain Only is cool.

Auger Zenith is very cool thematically and has some neat level design but the combat was a bit tepid 2 me esp. since i played it after i finished speed of doom. Maps 15-20 or thereabouts were really good tho. I have Arrival and Intergalactic Xenology 2 sitting in my folder but haven't played them yet oops.

Kind of suprised Delirium didn't get an award https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/122268-delirium-boom-mapset-cl9-beta/ this was really great. People nominated it but maybe since its still a beta idk.

Judgment is also very good https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/125238-judgment-33-map-mbf21-megawad-update-12042021/

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

sick, getting hype for the holidays

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i cant get eternity engine set up properly, it doesnt recognize heartland.pke as something it can launch. im stupid someone help me play this epic fuggin WAD.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

i cant get eternity engine set up properly, it doesnt recognize heartland.pke as something it can launch. im stupid someone help me play this epic fuggin WAD.

drag and drop the pke file onto the ee executable lol. the program will start and it will still show the doom 2 cover but when you initialize the game it will start heartland. either that or use a wad manager/launcer like doom explorer or one of the other ones. the ee gui looks like a late 90s shareware cd compilation.

once you've done that you will probably need to change the key bindings to wasd.

the mouse also feels like poo poo at default imo. set sensitivity to whatever you want (fursonally i have horizontal at +95 and veritcal at 0) and set vanilla sensitivity to yes. also turn novert emulation on. idk what smooth turning is but i have that off to.

the fov sucks and should be changed in the colsole opened with ~ but alas i forgot what the command was i forgot how i found it i think it was a random post in one of the doom threads here or maybe doomworld. bye

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
:siren: the console command is r_fov to show the current fov or followed by a number 20-120 to change it i have mine set too 110. iirc the default is 80

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drag and drop the pke file onto the ee executable lol. the program will start and it will still show the doom 2 cover but when you initialize the game it will start heartland. either that or use a wad manager/launcer like doom explorer or one of the other ones. the ee gui looks like a late 90s shareware cd compilation.

once you've done that you will probably need to change the key bindings to wasd.

the mouse also feels like poo poo at default imo. set sensitivity to whatever you want (fursonally i have horizontal at +95 and veritcal at 0) and set vanilla sensitivity to yes. also turn novert emulation on. idk what smooth turning is but i have that off to.

the fov sucks and should be changed in the colsole opened with ~ but alas i forgot what the command was i forgot how i found it i think it was a random post in one of the doom threads here or maybe doomworld. bye

ohhh i didnt realize it would still show doom2 since the some of the other wads in the folder have their own pics. cheers

matti
Mar 31, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvzmYENSV9A

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

The day I first read a preview of Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis I was like, drat they really made a game just for me.

Also, that mod looks dope.

Julius CSAR fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Dec 23, 2021

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i don't really like alien vendetta outside of a couple levels but it has a community midi pack so u don't have to listen to stock doom 2 muisc if u ever feel like replaying it wow

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/126485-alien-vendetta-midi-pack-released/

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
does anyone else like to hop on zandronum and play the survival-mode servers online? there's like a whole ecosystem of goofy-rear end complex-related mods out there with increasingly absurdly overpowered guns and monsters stolen and color-changed off of other games. i know it's dumb as gently caress and totally heretical to the elegant dance of doom but sometimes it's fun to just gently caress around until i get clobbered by an ~~*enraged legendary nightmare chaos elemental*~~ that pops out and insta-gibs you

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Everyone play HROT
It's good

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

does anyone else like to hop on zandronum and play the survival-mode servers online? there's like a whole ecosystem of goofy-rear end complex-related mods out there with increasingly absurdly overpowered guns and monsters stolen and color-changed off of other games. i know it's dumb as gently caress and totally heretical to the elegant dance of doom but sometimes it's fun to just gently caress around until i get clobbered by an ~~*enraged legendary nightmare chaos elemental*~~ that pops out and insta-gibs you

i don't. goodbye. as in i've never tried it.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

SpaceAceJase posted:

Everyone play HROT
It's good

its probalby bad like 99% of that new blood published ea crap

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I've only played Amid Evil but it was pretty good

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
amid evil is cool but it also came out like 2 years before everyone and their mom dropped a serious sam inspired turd on early access and said its just like doom/quake

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
amid evil is a lot different from serious sam beucase the enemies run at you in a straight line but also take way to long to kill. BIG difference

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Serious Sam and its consequences have been a terrible thing for fpss

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
I’m still enjoying ultrakill. It’s fun and exciting.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i played thru whatever was done like last july its fun

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james

its probalby bad like 99% of that new blood published ea crap

Pickled rick avatar and bad opinions.. hmm

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

SpaceAceJase posted:

lol

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

SpaceAceJase posted:

Ah yeah, you definitely hit the nail on the head with this one.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
pickle rick kicks rear end

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

SpaceAceJase posted:

Get his rear end.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

this.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

SpaceAceJase posted:

l';il tip, check teh postcount. dead giveaway ;)

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SpaceAceJase posted:

lmao

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007