Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I didn't even notice the half second clip of the Aiel at the blood snow until I was watching the trailer walkthrough with Rafe. Fuucking cool, bros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

How are u posted:

I didn't even notice the half second clip of the Aiel at the blood snow until I was watching the trailer walkthrough with Rafe. Fuucking cool, bros.

Pretty good chance the guy with the yellow cloak is Tam too, since the armor has the Golden Bees of Illian on it, and looks fancy enough for the Second Captain of the Companions. I wonder if this will be done in flashback while Rand and Tam are heading back to Emond's Field and Tam is rambling.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

eke out posted:

speaking of dance numbers, Navid Negahban would be perfect at any number of different Forsaken

For real, he would be excellent. He's a bit old to play Moridin as written, but he'd bring an excellent edge to a less insane Ishamael. He'd be terrifying as Rahvin as well.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Gully Foyle posted:

Pretty good chance the guy with the yellow cloak is Tam too, since the armor has the Golden Bees of Illian on it, and looks fancy enough for the Second Captain of the Companions. I wonder if this will be done in flashback while Rand and Tam are heading back to Emond's Field and Tam is rambling.

Does that mean the Aiel is Janduin?

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
This is Loial right?

Perrin, Nynaeve, Mat, Moiraine, Rand, Egwene, Lan are all accounted for in that shot, so it's gotta be our favorite Ogier.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Jedit posted:

Does that mean the Aiel is Janduin?

Maybe? I don't remember anything about Tam/Janduin actually meeting/fighting. In the books, Janduin survives the Aiel War and is eventually killed by Slayer (or at least Luc, I don't know if he is Slayer at that time).

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

aparmenideanmonad posted:

This is Loial right?

Perrin, Nynaeve, Mat, Moiraine, Rand, Egwene, Lan are all accounted for in that shot, so it's gotta be our favorite Ogier.

That's the consensus from most people online and I can't think of who else it would be so...probably? :shrug:

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

There are two alternate canonically valid interpretations of loial

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Sorry not big enough, series ruined.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Maybe hes on his knees :shrug:

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

Invalid Validation posted:

Sorry not big enough, series ruined.

Well what if they just dial up the ear fetish to 11 instead? I'm ready for Ogier oo-max.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Honestly I'm cool with people sized Ogier. The less cg they have to use when Loial's onscreen the better, if they had to embiggen him in every scene then he likely wouldn't be around very much because budget

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

CainsDescendant posted:

Honestly I'm cool with people sized Ogier. The less cg they have to use when Loial's onscreen the better, if they had to embiggen him in every scene then he likely wouldn't be around very much because budget

Thinking of the Deathwatch Guard, but poo poo I just hope they get to Dumai's Wells

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

loial should be played by a tower of children in a too large coat

Crini
Sep 2, 2011
When I first saw the city in the desert I wondered why they were showing Rhuidean so early, but according to the show runner it’s Fal Dara, with Tarwin’s Gap in the distance behind it. I never saw Fal Dara as being in the desert.

Also interested in what’s going on with Aram being with Perrin & Egwene when they are attacked by Whitecloaks.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Crini posted:

When I first saw the city in the desert I wondered why they were showing Rhuidean so early, but according to the show runner it’s Fal Dara, with Tarwin’s Gap in the distance behind it. I never saw Fal Dara as being in the desert.

Also interested in what’s going on with Aram being with Perrin & Egwene when they are attacked by Whitecloaks.

I know they described it as being clear cut of bush and tree for like 1000 feet around the town, but I still kinda pictured grass

I also didn't expect it to be like half a mile from Tarwin's Gap

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I don’t know why but I pictured Fal Dara as being like castle black in Game of Thrones in the snow at the edge of the world but I like the look of it and the Shienarans are bad as hell so whatever.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Hexel posted:

I don’t know why but I pictured Fal Dara as being like castle black in Game of Thrones in the snow at the edge of the world but I like the look of it and the Shienarans are bad as hell so whatever.

I definitely pictured it as a taller, towering fortress, but the rocky motif fits if they're there during the summer.

Gonna be a lot of "well it's not what I pictured for 20+ years, but it's still cool" adjustments to be made for this show, I think.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

apparently that location is some volcanic plain in the Canary Islands, which is cool (plus some brick fortress in Czechia composited in)

Crini
Sep 2, 2011

Hexel posted:

That was closer to my mental image.

I do like how the Whitecloaks look. They seem more menacing and dangerous so far in what I’ve seen. In the book they never really seem dangerous, just all bluster.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

aparmenideanmonad posted:

This is Loial right?

Thom maybe? If things are getting shuffled around and Whitebridge is out, he might still be there.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i think the show is definitely setting the whitecloaks up to be more of a direct evil. they'll work pretty well for that.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

The Glumslinger posted:

I know they described it as being clear cut of bush and tree for like 1000 feet around the town, but I still kinda pictured grass

I also didn't expect it to be like half a mile from Tarwin's Gap

In the books it is most definitely not. Remember, Shienar didn't even border the blight until Malkier fell.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Thom maybe? If things are getting shuffled around and Whitebridge is out, he might still be there.

Hmm, this is a good point.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Crini posted:

I always get thrown by talk of forests in Shienar, because I always imagined it as tundra, with the Blight being wasteland similar to the Aussie Outback.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Going back to the movements of using the Power, I have to imagine it's easier on the actors, both casting spells and observing them, to have something to do and look at and react to than to have someone standing still and imagining the CGI.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Y'know, I'd never heard taint used to refer to the perineum before I joined this forum. Frankly, I still haven't heard it used that way anywhere outside of this forum.

At first I figured it was some American nonsense, but if Jordan was unaware of the connotations I guess it must be regional or new?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

Y'know, I'd never heard taint used to refer to the perineum before I joined this forum. Frankly, I still haven't heard it used that way anywhere outside of this forum.

At first I figured it was some American nonsense, but if Jordan was unaware of the connotations I guess it must be regional or new?

I feel like it cropped up in American english in the 90's sometime, yeah. I could be wrong about that.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I think it only started gaining popularity in the mid-90s?

e: lol hey corroboration

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

I'm 31 and I definitely used that word many a time in high school. Maybe even middle school, but I can't really remember. And my cousin a few years older also jokes about cleansing the Dark One's taint as well. Maybe it's just not that old of a term for him to have heard about it.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Alternative options for Dark One's taint:

The Dark One's tweenis
The Dark One's gooch

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The Bore can be found between the Mountains of Dhoom

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Theres some new leaked images and stills on twitter under the #WheelOfTime hashtag which I won't post here but they're pretty interesting, including what looks to be a pre-CGI Loial face.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Hexel posted:

Theres some new leaked images and stills on twitter under the #WheelOfTime hashtag which I won't post here but they're pretty interesting, including what looks to be a pre-CGI Loial face.

can you link with spoilers or something, the 45 seconds i spent searching a twitter hashtag made my brain melt

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

buffalo all day posted:

can you link with spoilers or something, the 45 seconds i spent searching a twitter hashtag made my brain melt

https://twitter.com/5Pc818bPyHa8LYf

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Alternative options for Dark One's taint:

The Dark One's tweenis
The Dark One's gooch

Dark One's Fleshy Funbridge

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

good poo poo op thx

also lol for some reason

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

woah there's moiraine and siuan in a bedroom in underclothes (presumably in some new spring flashback), maybe we're actually getting them canonically gay from the start

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

eke out posted:

woah there's moiraine and siuan in a bedroom in underclothes (presumably in some new spring flashback), maybe we're actually getting them canonically gay from the start

pillow friends confirmed :swoon:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

eke out posted:

Yes yes yes bestill my gay heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Rarity posted:

Yes yes yes bestill my gay heart