Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Black Clover is far from the best shonen fightmans manga in the world but when it gets going boy does it get loving going. I love this poo poo so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

On one hand i hate that its a one time spell and that peasants == low mana, and that it took magna 6 months.

Otoh i know if it werent thered be a scene later in the manga that chumps magna to answer the question of why magna didnt just do it again.

And Id love it by the end of it magna gets book smart and starts filling in the "actually smart" delinquent role for the black bull mestheads.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rigged Death Trap posted:

On one hand i hate that its a one time spell and that peasants == low mana, and that it took magna 6 months.

Otoh i know if it werent thered be a scene later in the manga that chumps magna to answer the question of why magna didnt just do it again.

And Id love it by the end of it magna gets book smart and starts filling in the "actually smart" delinquent role for the black bull mestheads.

Well he can always make it again, and presumably it would not take quite as long to do it a second time.

Also we already knew the whole peasants have low mana compared to the nobles and above. This is cause of Clover Kingdom stealing the Elf magic.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's funny that Jack's the one trying to claim that peasants couldn't pull off that magic cause he's also a peasant-born magician. One who got strong enough to be a captain.

It's a shame that Jack doesn't get utilized more, he's got this nice rivalry/common ground with Yami in that they're both outsiders (foreigner and peasant) and both use primarily blade-based techniques (Yami even points it out in the manga, if I recall?), and have contrasting body types (Yami is buff as hell but Jack is hella spindly).

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
Ladies and gentlemen, raise a toast to Magna Swing, this was the last time he's allowed to be relevant, and he went at it all guns blazing.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/black-clover-chapter-293/chapter/22482?action=read

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1009228

:hellyeah:

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

loving hell yes. Black Clover rules.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Thank you Magna

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
One of the weakest guys getting to ace one of the biggest badguys is good.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Just picturing Luck goin' "Yes...hahaha...YES!"

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

For a whole 2 chapters
Black clover was interesting again.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

For a whole 2 chapters
Black clover was interesting again.

Sadly, that's better than a lot of shonen.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Yeah that owned. I like how he was taunting and poo poo talking the whole way through without really connecting with what the connection was doing.

I hope it sticks. Let the guy have this win and then move onto the next two or three big bads waiting.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Warden posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, raise a toast to Magna Swing, this was the last time he's allowed to be relevant, and he went at it all guns blazing.

Yeah I bet the manga will end before he gets another fight

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
My BOY

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
gently caress yeah my boy Magna finally got his win, I'm so proud of him.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

That was some really good poo poo, I think having more Hajime no Ippo in Black Clover is a good thing.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Chapter 294

Spiderdrake posted:

I hope it sticks. Let the guy have this win and then move onto the next two or three big bads waiting.

Jack clearly agrees

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hope Noelle gets a cool victory. She's been one of my favorites in the series.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
I'm glad Dante's last attempt was a Scream moment instead of actually stealing Magna's victory away. Actually cool with that.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Dante went full joy mutant from LISA and I find that hilarious. I’m excited for the next fight coming up.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

awwwww poo poo here we GO!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I can't believe how little I care about this fight or whatever that flashback was compared to the last fight. Please win next chapter so we can move on

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
i can't believe the side characters still get to kick rear end and take names, black clover continues to own.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i don't think noelle is supposed to be a side character

that flashback was so useless. shounen battle manga is so obsessed with the generational 'what happened now... happened before' and sticking in that flashback to show the exact poo poo that was about to happen before it happened right on the heels of doing the cool magna thing was like being punished for thinking tabata might be remembering how to do good things

we're right back on that desert bus mediocrity road

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Patware posted:

i don't think noelle is supposed to be a side character

that flashback was so useless. shounen battle manga is so obsessed with the generational 'what happened now... happened before' and sticking in that flashback to show the exact poo poo that was about to happen before it happened right on the heels of doing the cool magna thing was like being punished for thinking tabata might be remembering how to do good things

we're right back on that desert bus mediocrity road

I don't think "Noelle gets revenge for her mom" is quite the same thing. Like yeah the injury is the same but it's also an extremely basic one, they both just aimed for center mass.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

you're right

it is very basic.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'm still really confused on when exactly it was revealed Noelle's mom was cursed to death

Like for some reason I remember very early in the series that it was implied she died in childbirth and her brothers blamed her for that

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I want to say the Royal Knights tryouts arc, but don't quote me on that.

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

True reality is on this side of the screen

I think it got brought up when they went to meet Gordon's family.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Cool so not only are they dragging this fight out but they end the chapter with a gratuitous rear end-shot of the teenage girl, thanks Tabata. lol I let the Magna fight get my hopes up for some reason and frankly I got what I deserved.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ah yeah this is whay black clover is all about.
Characters gerting a power up only to be stopped dead cold at a "not my final, FINAL form".

Oh and inserting fanservice into the most ill fitting panels.

Im sincerely hoping it gets cancelled after this arc because its just mamga by way of flowchart now. Theres 0 evidence to prove tabata can top Magnas fight, and he wasted that on an already defeated villain, so it didnt even have the gravity (heh) it deserved.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jul 5, 2021

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ah yeah this is whay black clover is all about.
Characters gerting a power up only to be stopped dead cold at a "not my final, FINAL form".

Oh and inserting fanservice into the most ill fitting panels.

Im sincerely hoping it gets cancelled after this arc because its just mamga by way of flowchart now. Theres 0 evidence to prove tabata can top Magnas fight, and he wasted that on an already defeated villain, so it didnt even have the gravity (heh) it deserved.

This is not a transformation. This is just a Devil coming out. Also I think this might be the final boss of the arc as the other villains plan should stop if Lolopecka and Vanica die. (I think we will move over to Zenon's defeat now, then everyone will gather for the fight against Megiluca.)

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

a cool thing about defenses of black clover is that they are all technicalities

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Magna should have fought this one instead, it woulda been funnier

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I'm guessing Asta is going to create an opening for Noelle to use Ultimate Magic now, which will take out the semi-incarnate Megicula. Not sure where the plot goes from here, though. I assume the remaining devils (including Megicula and Lucifero in their true forms) will be summoned eventually somehow.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jul 18, 2021

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch
I'm kinda looking forward to whenever gnome/kobold will show up at this point.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Amuys posted:

I'm kinda looking forward to whenever gnome/kobold will show up at this point.

As the Earth spirit? Who would it even go to since none of the main cast really uses any kind of earth related magic?

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Mars could always reenter the narrative?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Trebuchet King posted:

Mars could always reenter the narrative?

Oh yeah he'd be a decent choice. There's also the Golden dawn captain who has World tree magic.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Oct 28, 2021