Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1450420261946232834?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

More non P-bandai Efreet is good in my book.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Argas posted:

More non P-bandai Efreet is good in my book.

Look at the picture again

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Rabbi Tupac posted:

Look at the picture again

Motherfucker

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Didn't they announce a Metal Build Reborns gundam or is that a fever dream of mine?

Just Dan Again
Dec 16, 2012

Adventure!
Penelope!

When I first built the Penelope a while back, I was a bit disappointed with it. As an HG straight out of the box it was just... big. But with panel lining and waterslide decals, even with my meager skills, I think this has become something I can really be proud to put on display. Thanks to SpikeMcclane for the inspiration to finally take on an aspect of the hobby I'd been putting off for a long time!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Penelope is one of those designs I'd like more without all the extra bits. The inner gundam looks cool.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I like it, but the tail is so massive it barely fits in my Ikea case.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

So, I just finished building the Nier Automata Flight Unit.

It's a really cool build, quite bulky and with good sculpt detail, but it not being Bandai shows. It's also really expensive, with less color separation than you'd expect from the price.

Meanwhile, the tiny 2B is a nice 1/24 figure on its own, but it also has a new record holder for the worst part on any model kit I've built, a title held for over five years prior to this by the little eyepiece on the GM Sniper II HG.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I got the Flight Unit a month back or so but haven't gotten around to it yet. How much of it do you think would need painting? I know the 2B would need some touch-up and the Pods and weapons are just a solid colour.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Veotax posted:

I got the Flight Unit a month back or so but haven't gotten around to it yet. How much of it do you think would need painting? I know the 2B would need some touch-up and the Pods and weapons are just a solid colour.

There's the decals, obviously, and it looks like there's some light painting beyond that. The box has a picture of the unpainted full build next to the pictures of 2B, so that should help, hopefully.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I just discovered they made a P-Bandai JP exclusive master grade of the CycloneJoker suit from W. Does anyone know if this is a crap kit, or is it worth my cash to grab if I find a good deal on it? Love me that show.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

secretly best girl posted:

I just discovered they made a P-Bandai JP exclusive master grade of the CycloneJoker suit from W. Does anyone know if this is a crap kit, or is it worth my cash to grab if I find a good deal on it? Love me that show.

Well, it's over a decade old at this point. Looking up reviews, it seems pretty well articulated by the standards of the time (and it was a mass release initially), but it was also inconveniently huge, about half again as large as a standard Master Grade.

They made HG versions of the W kits more recently, which had the splitting gimmick (at the cost of head and waist articulation) so those might be easier to find, and seem similarly good. I mean, if you can find anything.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Ah, for some reason the article I saw on the MG said Jan 2021. I already have the HGs, they're great kits, I just wanted a tall boy to really stick out. I'm well aware of the mistake of going too deep into the MG production, though, so I'll pass. Thanks!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

secretly best girl posted:

Ah, for some reason the article I saw on the MG said Jan 2021. I already have the HGs, they're great kits, I just wanted a tall boy to really stick out. I'm well aware of the mistake of going too deep into the MG production, though, so I'll pass. Thanks!

It was probably a rerelease with some modified parts, then. P-Bandai's been doing that a fair bit. And I wouldn't say that it's old enough to be a definite loser. The Zaku II 2.0 and the Turn A, kits that still hold up today, were both released in 2007.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Hey, happy PG UNLEASHED RX-78-2 GUNDAM owners! Can anybody tell me the actual height of that kit, please? The only dimensions I find online are of the box it comes in.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Tarquinn posted:

Hey, happy PG UNLEASHED RX-78-2 GUNDAM owners! Can anybody tell me the actual height of that kit, please? The only dimensions I find online are of the box it comes in.

It's just a little under a foot tall. Do you need something more exact, or does that settle things?

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

chiasaur11 posted:

It's just a little under a foot tall. Do you need something more exact, or does that settle things?

Nope, that's enough. A foot is good. Thanks! :tipshat:

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

chiasaur11 posted:

It was probably a rerelease with some modified parts, then. P-Bandai's been doing that a fair bit. And I wouldn't say that it's old enough to be a definite loser. The Zaku II 2.0 and the Turn A, kits that still hold up today, were both released in 2007.

I looked through JP PB and it's a pre painted kit. "MG Figure Rise Artisan" unclear how much is new besides the paint.

https://bandaihobby.hatenablog.com/entry/2021/04/08/100000

Pretty impressive really, though I guess the number of processes limits their viability for full scale production.

RillAkBea fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Oct 24, 2021

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/club_red_boogie/status/1452036986865274880

ngl, this is a pretty cool concept, even if the lower legs aren't exactly to my taste

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
A store around my area has the Moderoid Ingram from Patlabor for sale. I checked the manual on Goodsmile's site and it's one of the ones that takes glue for some parts - is there a specific kind recommended for them? Never built one.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

Justin_Brett posted:

A store around my area has the Moderoid Ingram from Patlabor for sale. I checked the manual on Goodsmile's site and it's one of the ones that takes glue for some parts - is there a specific kind recommended for them? Never built one.

I just built this, and the glue is more recommended than required. There are some detail parts that poke out from behind larger panels which could easily get shoved inside if you aren’t careful. Any sort of cement or glue would do. Here’s the relevant part of a WIP Twitter thread:

https://twitter.com/gen_ironicus/status/1443004183641272323?s=21

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The Moderoid Savage also suffered from some small access covers that needed glue and were also impossible to place without damaging them. Outside of that no glue needed.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

UV light does interesting things to the colours of the MG3.0.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

General Ironicus posted:

I just built this, and the glue is more recommended than required. There are some detail parts that poke out from behind larger panels which could easily get shoved inside if you aren’t careful. Any sort of cement or glue would do. Here’s the relevant part of a WIP Twitter thread:

Neat, guess I'll order some Tamiya Cement with it when I do and see how it goes. Cheers.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I finished my Wargraymon, it's my biggest and most expensive model to date.

All of the pieces look and feel nice for the most part. But this shield is a pain in the rear end and I've genuinely considered gluing a piece or two on. Also I don't know if anyone else is running into this, but his torso comes off way too easy.

The horde has grown too large. I'm gonna need a bigger shelf!

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The Shield really is jank, the only 'backpack' that cooperated for me with the Digimon kits is Machinedramon's cannons.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

General Ironicus posted:

https://twitter.com/gen_ironicus/status/1443004183641272323?s=21

I've got an order for the upcoming Aoshima Patlabor and the Command Car two-pack set as well, so I'm curious to see how they'll turn out in comparison. According to the website it's a "Snap kit of color-coded molding, no adhesive required", so it should be a nice simple snapbuild kit.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

Zurtilik posted:

Also I don't know if anyone else is running into this, but his torso comes off way too easy.

Yes it does. I kept thinking that I had something wrong and the ball joint just wasn't going on deep enough, but nope. It's just not a great connection.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/YouSeeGundam/status/1452857757418274818?t=ahSm71BPhAFuTPmuGmUX7A&s=19

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
The RG Perfectibility I managed to luckily snag from P-Bandai in that Expo is finally here and man this thing looks… daunting.

And I hear it’s easy to break the psycho-frame parts in these RG Unicorn’s? Tempted to just use the Banshee Norn I got as a test unit. If it goes well, then cool, Perfectibility won’t be that bad. If it doesn’t go well, gently caress Riddhe.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

MechaX posted:

The RG Perfectibility I managed to luckily snag from P-Bandai in that Expo is finally here and man this thing looks… daunting.

And I hear it’s easy to break the psycho-frame parts in these RG Unicorn’s? Tempted to just use the Banshee Norn I got as a test unit. If it goes well, then cool, Perfectibility won’t be that bad. If it doesn’t go well, gently caress Riddhe.

The only part of the frame I've ever had an issue with are the rotational joints on the shoulders. Make sure to break those in before you attach it to the rest of the kit, otherwise turning it while connected might break some bits due to the torque.

Digihazard
Nov 2, 2010

If you place the milk in before the bag, I will kill you and your family while they sleep.
I just finished the MG Strike Rouge and real happy as its the first one i've panel lined (and 4th ever gunpla build) and im eagerly awaiting delivery of my next one, the RG Eva01 Night combat version

I have a couple of quesions for the experienced - do people recomend lining the Eva's? I got 00 and it looks pretty awesome without any, and secondly when it says "neon" for this version's green parts does that just mean see through or will it actually glow?

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
The green bits are a little translucent and actually glow in the dark.

Skrillmub
Nov 22, 2007

Digihazard posted:

I just finished the MG Strike Rouge and real happy as its the first one i've panel lined (and 4th ever gunpla build) and im eagerly awaiting delivery of my next one, the RG Eva01 Night combat version

I have a couple of quesions for the experienced - do people recomend lining the Eva's? I got 00 and it looks pretty awesome without any, and secondly when it says "neon" for this version's green parts does that just mean see through or will it actually glow?

I've built most of the RG Eva units and didn't see any reason to panel line any of them. There really aren't many lines on them. The plastic is also glossy, which doesn't really hold ink very well.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Woo-hoo, finally found the America Gundam at Target.

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom
If anyone wants an America Gundam but can’t find one, you can buy it online. I bought eight!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Man, I really want a plastic model of the FFVI Magitek Armor.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

They just announced a giant rear end statue of one.

https://youtu.be/UDzSkcbAM7A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Azubah posted:

They just announced a giant rear end statue of one.

https://youtu.be/UDzSkcbAM7A

Yeah, that's why I want a smaller plastic model of one now.